Why "Cabbageheads".................

Status
Not open for further replies.

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Why and how did the corps get the nick name "Cabbageheads"?

I know where the name bootnecks come from but this one has always confused me.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Why and how did the corps get the nick name "Cabbageheads"?

I know where the name bootnecks come from but this one has always confused me.

Can anyone enlighten me?

I dont know why there called bootnecks?

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Name

Cabbage Heads came about from the Paras, as that's about all they can relate the colour to.

Its only rivalry, same as when we say that the only two things that drop from the sky are bird sh*t and paras. Although, more so Bird Sh*t these days!!

Cheers

Steve

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
bootneck comes from the time when the marines were soldier, sailors and wore the red uniforms (see in master and commander).

the story is from when pirates from Caribbean found out that the marines had more money on them so they slit the marines throats. (that I believe is why the uniforms were also changed so the pirates couldn't single anyone out.)

the marines then cut the tops of the boot leather off and tied then around their necks to stop their throats being slit hence the term bootneck.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Cabbage Heads came about from the Paras, as that's about all they can relate the colour to.

Its only rivalry, same as when we say that the only two things that drop from the sky are bird sh*t and paras. Although, more so Bird Sh*t these days!!

In a similar manner sailors are sometimes referred to as "fish heads" as apparently fish live in water and ships sail on it, hence the logical and witty progression to fish head.

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I hate to sound really thick but I still don't get why a cabbage?

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
:embarrest:

OK! I get it now I was expecting something more..... but if that's what it, that what is. cheers!

C

critchmufc

yerr, but all this about paras being rubbish, second choice, retards etc. happens too much,

if a para read it all he would absoloutley slate you becuase your still civvies, and you havnt proved anything

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
easy lads were all mate here! *text deleted*!

oh one more thing what is the signinfacnce of the FPGRM's colours and why.

JDMSAM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You wouldnt say it to a PARA, you have to earn the right to slag them off! there is a handfull on this site who can, Its not banter its BO//OCKS

C

critchmufc

oh youve got a copy of the RULES OF BANTER ENGAGEMENT book I see? your the one talking bollocks. I always have banter with my uncle whos ex para, it winds him up its funny and he just says earn my fookin beret b4 i gob which is totally fair, at the same time its still banter.
Paras would never ever think a royal has earned his right to banter with them probably and if you tried itd turn into a big pub fight (if theres lots of royals n paras there)

well, my mates in 2 para, and i cant even say anything, even about training techiniques being hard or not without him saying, you cant gob off untill youve tried it or done it, and hes right

its probably banter becuase hes your uncle, but if he was a random para, then i suspect it wouldnt be banter

JDMSAM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
. I always have banter with my uncle whos ex para,

Theres a difference between having a laugh with your family and gobbing off over the internet. And then hiding behind your uncle "beacuase hes X para" like its your licence to say what you like about them

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
guys it a thread and me not knowing something easy up! this argument will never end as there is everyone's opinion and there all different but can some answer my second question!!!:mad::mad::mad:

what is the signinfacnce of the FPGRM's colours and why.

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So i cant say Benjani is *text deleted**text deleted* because i dont play for a premier league football team? You guys have no sense of humor, you need to chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.