Will my fitness get bad?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right yesterday I tried to go for a run but some reason I quit after just one mile. I wasn't feeling too good at all. Not out of breath just no energy in my body.

I had a bit of a cold yesterday aswell so I thought I'd rest. Today I've woken up with a really bad cold and a bit of a cough. I feel like *text deleted**text deleted* so really I shouldn't train.

If this takes about 4 or 5 days to get better, will my fitness have got bad again and will I need to do all that hard work to get it to how it was?

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right yesterday I tried to go for a run but some reason I quit after just one mile. I wasn't feeling too good at all. Not out of breath just no energy in my body.

I had a bit of a cold yesterday aswell so I thought I'd rest. Today I've woken up with a really bad cold and a bit of a cough. I feel like *text deleted**text deleted* so really I shouldn't train.

If this takes about 4 or 5 days to get better, will my fitness have got bad again and will I need to do all that hard work to get it to how it was?

you wont loose as much as you think, if any over 4-5 days, atheletes take months off training at a time, it will never be as hard to get your fitness back as it was at the start, it would take months for you to loose your fitness. plus if you train while your ill you will just get even more ill.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
best thing for when i have a stinking cold is to go do a gentle 20-30 mins in the pool its great for clearing up your nose and its not *text deleted* kill your energy. Plus you wont feel like a lazy todger :uglyhammer:

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i had a cold when i did my PJFT. What i found in the build up is try and sweat it out of you if you know what i mean. The cold i had was horrible, i was changing from being hot to then really cold every 5 mins. So i just carried on training as if i did'nt have it and just forced my body to deal with it. After a week it was basically gone.

But if anything taking 4 or 5 days off training won't hurt, just keep eating normally and as long as you maintain your fitness (like swimming) then it will be fine. Just don't let your cold get the better of you.