Will the doctor...

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I get lower back pains when i run, would it be worth going to a doctors, or would that stop my application for the marines or slow it down in any way??? if it did, would it be worth talking to the medic at lympstone (providing i pass prmc *text deleted*)

cheers lads:women:

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I get lower back pains when i run, would it be worth going to a doctors, or would that stop my application for the marines or slow it down in any way??? if it did, would it be worth talking to the medic at lympstone (providing i pass prmc *text deleted*)

cheers lads:women:
Where in Dudley are you Sam?

The lower back pains will almost defiently be to do with your posture....they will go eventually if not your screwed.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with Stacka here, can we ask how you stretch before running, how hydrated you are and how long into the run do you start getting back pain. How long have you been getting the back pain too?

sooty795

Reaction score
get it sorted now mate, i`d say go see a sports physio who can check every thing that the other lads have mentioned, wouldn`t bother witht the NHS as there crap, take too long and theres a record if the afco contact your doc for any reason. if you mention it a lympstone when you get to RT, it`s class as a pre existing injury and you will porbably be sent home.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i had the same think when i started running on road but i went after a week or 2 i think it might just be *text deleted* lower back becoming stronger

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Keep your back straight while running,
I used to have this problem as I used to hunch over a bit when I got a bit knackered,
but if you keep your back straight you should be alright.

Joe

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I got this a bit when I started running and I believe it was due to me having a weak lower back. I did the "superman" exercise. Go down on all fours, then straighten one leg out and the oppostite am at the same time, hold it for a few seconds and then do opposite arm/leg. Do however many reps you can.

Sam1

Reaction score
Where in Dudley are you Sam?

The lower back pains will almost defiently be to do with your posture....they will go eventually if not your screwed.
I live in kingswinford Stacka.

erm its started since i upped my running, i've bought some proper running shoes. I'll try the exercises for a while and if it doesn't improve, i'll go to a physio then (Y)

cheers lads.

Sam1

Reaction score
I agree with Stacka here, can we ask how you stretch before running, how hydrated you are and how long into the run do you start getting back pain. How long have you been getting the back pain too?
I do all the normal leg stretches, and upper body stretches but for my back i usully bend over stretching my back for a few seconds or get on my knees, lean forward, and slide my hands forward also stretching my back. i would say there is room for improvement on my hydration and about 5 minutes.

cheers (Y)

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I live in kingswinford Stacka.

erm its started since i upped my running, i've bought some proper running shoes. I'll try the exercises for a while and if it doesn't improve, i'll go to a physio then (Y)

cheers lads.
Ahhh Kford, im bared from most the places up there. Should come training with me, i go up clent from Stourbridge....PM me.

Stacla

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Clent's a bit of a trek from Stourbridge isn't it?
I live near Halesowen,
and if I *text deleted* go Halesowen or Stourbridge I turn right at this one island,
and if I *text deleted* go Clent I turn left,
and go through Romsley and all that,
is there a quicker way to Clent from Stourbridge or do you just go the Halesowen way?

Joe

Sam1

Reaction score
I live near Halesowen,
and if I *text deleted* go Halesowen or Stourbridge I turn right at this one island,
is there a quicker way to Clent from Stourbridge or do you just go the Halesowen way?

Joe
Where bowts in halesowen do you live, i go to halesowen college *text deleted*

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I live near Halesowen,

Joe
Its about 14 mile round run, not that far really. I run up there every sunday if im in the UK.

I run to Halesowen sometimes

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I live near Halesowen,

Joe
I live in oldswinford, i just run up to the ferrari garage then up onto the hills that way.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Where bowts in halesowen do you live, i go to halesowen college *text deleted*
I've just left Halesowen,
got a couple more A2 exams in a week and then I'm done.

I actually live just by Quinton,
but it's only like 2/3 miles from Halesowen,
so it isn't far for me.

Sam1

Reaction score
We did a few expeditions from college over clent hills *text deleted*
and team building activities that were probably ment for 10 year olds :\

:doh:

Sam1

Reaction score
Public services (Y)

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing that this year,
pretty much flopped my A levels,
only did good in history,
looking back I don't know why I didn't,
but as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do,
I thought A levels would be the better road to go down.

Joe