Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Will they allow me if I have self harm scars?

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Adam reserve, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Adam reserve

Adam reserve New Member

I have self harm scars from 4-5 years back will they let me in? I've been clear for years now could I join if I prove that im good with doctor and psychology reports?

2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

shouldn't be too much of a problem, you will have to be shown clear from a set time since it.

it should come up in your medical.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steve14

steve14 Active Member

Hi
    i tried joining 12/13 years ago with this issue and the rule was from a form called "afco 5"
    more than one episode of self harm will be a bar to entry. So I couldn't join up.

The current rules are more vague. I recommend you get fit and strong to max the entrance tests and just go for it. You will probably be ok. If you are episode free for so long.

And dont self harm again. the scars will fade. but if you keep doing fresh ones it mucks up all kinds of medicals for other jobs in the future.

steve

• Like Like x 1
  4. stumpylegs

stumpylegs Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Do the doctors know about you self harming? Ie on your medical records? Or just worried they’ll ask when they see them?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If there are visible scars, the medical records will be checked and the history investigated.

Far better to be upfront from the outset and submit a copy of the medical history together with the completed medical questionnaire.

If free from repeat incidences and no subsequent recurrence for several years, each person is viewed on a case by case basis.