Will this pass?

ncfc_crazyuk

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just wondering t see if this will get my some marks on Gym test 1.

Today I done

33 press ups
43 sit ups
5 pull ups

Timed in 2 mins each, apart from pull ups.

I know on my PRMC I will bang out an extra 5-7 more due to adreniline.

My PRMC is on the 4th Aug

M

MTW

its so much more dependant on your effort on other things, and your training team, id say its more about you attitude and effort rather than scores, and i wouldnt count on adrenaline at prmc, you will be buzzing but also you will already be nackered before you even start them, e.g the morning of the gym test 1 we ended up hacing to do about 300 pressups in drill for punishment, so pressups where a struggle....

ncfc_crazyuk

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
i thought CTCRM was shut in august for 4 weeks. thats what my afco said.
I am on the last PRMC until sept, 4th Aug - 7th Aug.

Thanks for the reply MTW, what ever happens I will dig out blind to get what it takes but just seeing if this was alrightish.

M

MTW

the only thing i would say is really poor is the situps, but with those scores you would have to dig out blllllind! and the bottom feild and gym test 2, literaly give it everything youve got and youll be ok.

ncfc_crazyuk

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
the only thing i would say is really poor is the situps, but with those scores you would have to dig out blllllind! and the bottom feild and gym test 2, literaly give it everything youve got and youll be ok.
What part of Norwich you from mate? I got family who live in Hellsdon. Am up in Norwich in the middle of August!

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Need more situps and atleast 45 pushups I'd say but go for 36 I think. You will actually most likely do less than those since you will already be tired from the 3 miler and the bleep test.

My biggest tip though is drink as much as you can at every opportunity. :wink:

Luke023

Reaction score
i only did 45 situps and they were pure agony got cramp in both thighs as i was doing them. as for press ups i did more than i thought as i was struggling to hit 40 at the time and i managed to do 52.

The only thing you can do is train properly and give it 110% at all times when you are there.

best of luck to you

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Hey MTW,didn't know you were from Norwich, i'm from Newton Flotman just outside there.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I personally wouldnt go down their with those scores.
But you could pass with them I suppose.

S

Sotiris

Hmmm...those sit and push up numbers are quite poor. You wont pass or fail due to your performance in the gym test (unless you can't reach 3 pullups but apparantly they give you a 2nd chance with them) but you wont get a good score. Which in turn will affect your chances over all.

Good luck anyways mate.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
What is your time for 1.5mile and 3mile????