Wirral

HenryYoung

Reaction score
Anybody in the wirral area?

I'm hopefully applying as an officer - 2013 batch. Looking for training partner(s).

I currently do bodyweight resistance sessions and functional weight training around 3 times a week.

I am running one 1.5miler and one 3 miler a week (will be steadily increasing distance, speed and frequency but i'm taking it easy to avoid injury).

I have been swimming a couple of times but this needs serious work.

Also i am hoping to add one weekly long-distance cross-country run when my leg conditioning improves a little.

PM me for contact, thanks,
Henry

CalCal

Reaction score
I'm from the wirral fella, where abouts? and what routes you running?

HenryYoung

Reaction score
I'm from Birkenhead, but i'm currently living in Spital.

I run circular routes, starting and finishing at home. I have a 1.5 miler, a 3 miler and a 4 miler that i have run regularly.

I do have a car though, and drive up to New Brighton to run along the shore sometimes.

Where in the Wirral are you? We could meet up for a run or some circuits if you fancy it? i work shifts so i train at 08.30 one week and at 15.00 the next. Also i train saturdays/sundays if I feel up to it

CalCal

Reaction score
I'm from the Pensby/Irby area, so not too far! I have a few routes, but its always good to mix and match routes up! what kind of times are you getting on your 1.5mile return?

I also work shifts, either 6-2/2-10 or a mid shift, so my availability is varied! I drive myself so can meet you somewhere like!

HenryYoung

Reaction score
I've not started timing myself properly yet. The pace i use at the moment is around 8 minutes per mile. Like i say im just trying to get my legs conditioned (i've just spent 6 months on the couch).

I will be doing two 1.5 milers and one 3 miler this week (mon, wed and fri respectively).

What times are you getting? How long have you been training? etc. Would be good to meet up, harder to say no to a run when you've got a training partner!

p.s. im on 6-2 this week coming and 2-10 the next

Henry

CalCal

Reaction score
Sound mate, ill give you a PM with some personal details, maybe we could do a few runs/circuits together?

LiverpudlianLad95

Reaction score
I'm from the Pensby/Irby area, so not too far! I have a few routes, but its always good to mix and match routes up! what kind of times are you getting on your 1.5mile return?

I also work shifts, either 6-2/2-10 or a mid shift, so my availability is varied! I drive myself so can meet you somewhere like!
Since when has Pensby/Irby(The Wirral) been in Liverpool? your on the opposite end of the Mersey mate.

CalCal

Reaction score
Your location is Liverpool face the fact use never have been scouse and never will
I don't see how that is remotely relevant to this thread whatsoever mate, I made this account in around 09, I dont even remember butting the location in, Liverpool is a general local location, so anyone from outside of Merseyside/UK will have a rough idea as the Wirral is not well known. I have not once claimed to be a scouser, and have no desire to be a scouser, although I do love the City and it is the location of my AFCO

If you want to pop over the water and join in some training, by all means let us know and we would be more than happy to sort something out, if not, then I strongly suggest that you stop posting irrelevant, pointless and stupid posts on the thread. This is about finding training partners, nothing else, nothing more.

Cal

LiverpudlianLad95

Reaction score
I don't see how that is remotely relevant to this thread whatsoever mate, I made this account in around 09, I dont even remember butting the location in, Liverpool is a general local location, so anyone from outside of Merseyside/UK will have a rough idea as the Wirral is not well known. I have not once claimed to be a scouser, and have no desire to be a scouser, although I do love the City and it is the location of my AFCO

If you want to pop over the water and join in some training, by all means let us know and we would be more than happy to sort something out, if not, then I strongly suggest that you stop posting irrelevant, pointless and stupid posts on the thread. This is about finding training partners, nothing else, nothing more.

Cal
It wasn't supposed to be like that the message sounded nasty I know but yeah I see were your coming from mate.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
From the Wirral...

I'm up for a few runs, PM me if you want to organise something.