Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Withdrawn application

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by Flossysband, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Flossysband

Flossysband New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hello there.

I was checking my application on my phone and I pressed the withdraw button (clumsy me) by mistake.

I messaged my recruiter that I would like my application to proceed. To which I got a message saying my application was withdrawn because there are too many commonwealth citizens applying.

ā€œ
    Dear Applicant,

Due to the unprecedented number of Commonwealth candidates applying to join the Royal Navy I regret to inform you that there are no more vacancies for your branch of choice. Your application will be withdrawn and will not be processed any further.

You are advised not to travel to the United Kingdom.

You are also advised not to submit another application, contact the Royal Navy Contact Centre, London Overseas Office or any Armed Forces Careers Office regarding this communication.

Please maintain a watch over the Royal Navy website for any changes to the situation.

Thank you for your interest in joining the Royal Navy.
    ā€

Has this happened to anyone else?
    I am a little confused because I had sent my documents etc. The next step was The triage call.

Iā€™m honestly gutted to be honest.

Thank you in advance.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The problem is, I believe fresh applications are currently no longer being accepted as there are an excess of overseas applicants. Once an application is withdrawn, it effectively becomes a fresh application unfortunately.

The only thing I can suggest is writing a letter to the overseas desk at London AFCO by way of explanation but would caution there are many applicants who withdraw, regret it upon reflection then re-apply, so the issue is convincing anyone it was genuinely withdrawn in error. Obviously the shorter the timelapse from withdrawing by accident and notifying the desk of the error, the more credible the claim.

3. Flossysband

Flossysband New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thank you for your response. I will message them trying to explain to them that it was an honest mistake.

4. StrSam

StrSam Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    It is hard to convey emotion and honesty through messages. I would advise that you call them and speak to them personally so you can explain properly!

5. Striker9

Striker9 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    What's their phone number? Mine was withdrawn by them and I was asked to contact them if I wish to continue my application within the next 30days

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Post #2 refers - it looks like they are clearing-down applications which have not progressed. Write to them or reply to the email sent.

7. Striker9

Striker9 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thanks I will