Women in Direct Combat Role by autumn 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Does that mean that the four usernames in that attachment are all the same person?
Potentially... presumably because several individuals could—theoretically—be using the same device and/or IP address. But that's just me being charitable and thinking the best of everyone because I'm mellowing. Or just being daft; take your pick. :)

Teapot

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
We have been trolled by worse, anyone know what happened to our little transgender friend who wanted to bring back roman tactics to the modern battlefield?
Now those were the days! She was going to become an officer and beat the Taliban by making soldiers stand under their shields and charge. And failing all that, there's always big wooden horses. She was brilliant actually, we should bring her back

Reactions: R

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score

Feel free if you want. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them derogatory.

I also note that, although you are a new user, there are connections between yourself and @24681012. Could I respectfully ask what they are and what your motives are? Please be truthful, because as @Ninja_Stoker has stated the detection methods of the site have revealed that there is a connection between the the two of you, as well as other accounts. I really do believe that you should fully explain who you are and what your motives are. You will not compromise your PERSEC by doing so

Alan

Chelonian

Reaction score
Could I respectfully ask what they are and what your motives are?
I think that this a fair question. There has been lively debate in this thread and disagreement is frequently subjective. But the forum has an established reputation for integrity and goodwill. Some clarification would be welcome.

its_meg

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Until a woman gets through RT, personally I take no offense from any comments which may be seen as 'derogatory' as I feel I would think the same if I were in any male's position. No one has proven they can successfully do it yet so who is to say women can?

These overly strong and dismissive comments 'defending' (excuse the lack of a better word) women worries me, I would hate for it to affect the view people have on women joining. This is obviously a minor scale but if the opinions became more widespread it would probably make the tiny minority even applying even smaller and give the women who did join a worse reputation. Even from this thread alone it has created backlash.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
These overly strong and dismissive comments 'defending' (excuse the lack of a better word) women worries me, I would hate for it to affect the view people have on women joining.
100% agree.

I would sincerely hope that the majority of forum users have the common sense to discern those with genuine intent to have an attempt at joining.

All I'd ask is people on both sides of the debate maintain common sense .

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
See my bold in Quoted:

"Page 1: coolbeansman "the female body is just not as robust as a mans"
This is not a derogatory statement, it is biologically correct and accepted view. As proved by the report, and by already lesser standards for other branches of the Forces.

TPA "I think the fact that women accept a lower standard of fitness is an acceptance of female shortcomings and weaknesses"
Again, this is not a derogatory statement. Its a tongue in cheek comment that people who want "equality" then accept lower standards of fitness for public services and the Forces, are inherently admitting female biological shortcomings and weaknesses.
Otherwise they would campaign for equal standards.

Page 2: TPA "So even when a woman turns around and tries to open people's eyes, there's always one fat girl stomping her feet and gobbing off about equality, even though she can't make the standards."
Not a derogatory comment. Just youtube and feminist fails... this is a tongue in cheek comment. I found the majority of female in my social group who demanded "equality" were in no fit state to even attempt Army Training let alone Royal Marines Training.
It could be compared to the feminists that bleat on about women in STEM industries, yet themselves only having a degree in "Womens studies"

Gloss94 "More importantly when will women be fitted with a fully functioning pair of testicles, it doesn't seem very fair that only men have them!"
Not derogatory.

Page 3: Caversham "My personal opinion is that the first woman to start getting upset over the dark side of training and complains that the TT are being "horrible" to her, things will start to change, especially if the press gets hold of the story."
Not derogatory. And if anything actually has some truth in it.

TPA ""They want equality, but they don't want to do the same as everyone else.""
Not derogatory. And again, look at separate standards for other branches of the Forces. Not equality.

Page 4: bry-hes "That kinda pees me off! The story, and how it has been written promotes me to be against gender equality. Fortunately I know not to believe the "facts" written by the media, and can only hope that if women are allowed to join men on the front line they live up to the exacting standards of which ever infantry unit they choose. (and don't cry about braking a nail)"
Not derogatory. Quite a pertinent point, about females reaching the same standards.

TPA: "Oh well we all have to be equal though don't we, equal society and all that, except with things that women don't agree with."
Not derogatory. If anything a tongue in cheek comment, with some truth in it. Again, separate standards for males and females in other branches of the Forces.

Page 5: Harsh "sometimes we should just accept how nature works"
Not derogatory.

TPA "Don't even get me started on those oxygen theiving snakes."
Not derogatory. Tongue in cheek comment. No different to some of the names I have been called by women, or commonly used terms towards men.

Guest: "I'd argue that any changes to allow them into the infantry is just politicalcorrectness."
Not derogatory. And it pretty much is. Why are they opening it up to females? What is your answer? Equality?
The answer to the question isn't about increasing combat effectiveness. So this statement is indeed correct.

TPA "Ah the old "equality" in sports. Wait doesn't "Equality" mean that Female Tennis Players get the same amount of money for doingless work than the male counter parts?"
Not derogatory in the slightest. Its a contested argument in the Tennis and sports world. And if anything it highlights the differences between male and females, hence they compete in Gender categories.

Page 6:Venator: "How dare you say its unfair that women get special treatment. That is so sexist of you.Everyone knows women are stronger than men and that women built society as we know it. How dare you not worship the vagina. You need immediate deliverance so I suggest you find your local Church of Holy Vagina and confess your sins. I work with a female colleague that is strong and more capable than all the men at the office. She even leaves work an hour early every day so how dare you not worship her superiority when she clearly has a vagina?
Everyone knows she worked so so hard to get that holy vagina and she was definitely not born with it."
Not derogatory.

Ashyy " So in that case how would women fair with periods and there pains and surely that would make them a liability? Whether they could do the training or not they will still technically need 'special treatment' to help them with there time of the month.. what you expected to do when the bird next to you in a firefight starts groaning and you ask her whats wrong she replies.. "period pains"... Thats my view anyhow."
Not derogatory.

Caversham "So can a female carry a 70lb bergan for hours on end? Probably not"
Not derogatory.

Page 7: guest "Sounds like a lot of effort, time and expense for a couple of sections worth of average infantrywomen who will most likely not be able to sustain the role for more than a handful of years, probably less if we're in a full scale conflict again."
Not derogatory. Its even discussed in the report.

Niknak23: "I give up with 'gender equality'.
Recently they're considering adding 'period leave' in employment contracts (Sorry to use such an awful word on the forum) and now they want to be on the front line with the elite? ""
Not derogatory.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
On another note I see google are punishing people this week for daring to say men and women are different in some way.

We no longer live in a world where facts count unfortunately.

Just because sexes are different it doesn't always mean weakness. To try and link the two like google have is to show the real discrimination, their own!

AngryArgie

Reaction score
So after talking to my AFCO and having my psychometric test recently I was informed the first female recruit begins RT at the beginning of next month and so I assume she must have had her PRMC recently, is there anyone on the forum that can confirm such a thing? I also found this thread and some of the content on here quite humorous and thought I would add to it.

Steph

Reaction score
So after talking to my AFCO and having my psychometric test recently I was informed the first female recruit begins RT at the beginning of next month and so I assume she must have had her PRMC recently, is there anyone on the forum that can confirm such a thing? I also found this thread and some of the content on here quite humorous and thought I would add to it.
In the Mail Online a while ago - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...en-25-begin-training-female-Royal-Marine.html

There is a virtual news blackout to supposedly protect personal security but the story is out there and it was in the news again recently - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...American-GI-Jane-instructors-train-woman.html

The problem is that no one is allowed to talk about it, so it doesn't help the girls who want to join!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
We are under direction from on high not to discuss individuals attending PRMC for PERSEC reasons, so unfortunately this particular topic is taboo as it relates to one person.

Hopefully it's appreciated that you can talk about the concept but not the person as it's not fair on the individual.

The danger, as can be seen on this thread, is it can deteriorate into a potentially misogynistic rant and that's not what we are about.

Status
Not open for further replies.