women trouble

dannyboy

Reaction score
got my prmc on 22nd but fiancee has changed her mind about me going. she gave me an ultimatum. i have a one year old daughter aswel. im goin out of my mind trying to decide. i honestly dont no what to do.
can someone please help

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
what was the ultimatum? her vs marines? it's not really fair of her to just change her mind like that, in the same situation to be honest mate i've always said if someone makes me choose between them and something else that's important to me they go, especially if you guys have already talked about it. When me and the mrs had the "i'm joining the marines" convo i said to her this is what i'm doing, i love you and want us to stay together but if you can't cope that's fine, but i need to know now, not after i join (though obviously your little un changes things a bit). maybe she's just getting a bit freaked out *text deleted* you've actually gone ahead with it?
That being said this kind of thing is what makes a lot of guys drop out of RT, so depends on whether it would come back to haunt you

dannyboy

Reaction score
yea her or marines. she says she aint stong enuf to support me.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
in what way support you? i think what she means is she's not strong enough to have you gone for 6 months. it's a tricky one mate. especially with your child. try and put it to the back of your mind for now and concentrate on the PRMC, until you pass that there's no point worrying about the rest- not being rude but you might fail it, you never know, plus you can postpone RT for a year after PRMC (i think).
sounds like you two need to have a proper sit down mate, she appears as confused and worried as you. every relationship requires compromise and effort, if she doesn't think your relationship is worth that level of effort then it might be that the relationship isn't worth any effort.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
dannyboy is the mrs, she has 2 names on here.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
carlie.

In all honesty I may have jumped to conclusions. But carlie has a 1 year old daughter and was asking about advice and what to do about their relationship.

I assumed she had then signed in pretending to be the Fiance to see if we would give different advice to the bloke in the relationship joining the Marines.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
carlie.

In all honesty I may have jumped to conclusions. But carlie has a 1 year old daughter and was asking about advice and what to do about their relationship.

I assumed she had then signed in pretending to be the Fiance to see if we would give different advice to the bloke in the relationship joining the Marines.
You haven't!

Well spotted- same IP addresses.

dannyboy

Reaction score
conclusions deff jumped to. carlies kicked me out and i got laptop *text deleted* its mine. thats y same ip address. well spotted tho u make goog detective. thanks for replies tho.

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
three years ago i was in the same situation , minus the kid, and started rt i got to week 5 and jacked *text deleted* she wanted me home, look where i am now three years later im going back , got my pjft next week, but you have got to think weather you really want it because believe me if you join then change your mind then wantto go back again you will really be kicking yourself and saying how it would have all been over by now!!

S

Sotiris

Well really Andy I think the kid makes all the difference. Relationships come and go, mariages get divorced but if you've got a kid well...that may well be more important then any Corps.

I don't think any of us can really help unless of course someone else on this site is having a similar experience.

The only thing I can think of is reassuring her that you will have time off.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
conclusions deff jumped to. carlies kicked me out and i got laptop *text deleted* its mine. thats y same ip address. well spotted tho u make goog detective. thanks for replies tho.
That's pretty funny because it was another members laptop before that aswell. That's 3 completely different people all on the same computer.

The first guy was on about how his bad eyesight might rule him out. If your not allowed to join up then that's bad luck and these things happen, pretty sad to keep trawling the site for attention though.

kcirtap9876

Reaction score
hi,
i was part way through training in 2006 and left due to a woman and it was the biggest mistake i have ever made, i have made the decision to re join and i also have my prmc on the 22nd of this month. You may as well do the prmc even if you are not sure as you do not have to join after and it will give you a good insight into what is involved.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
in all honesty i dont care whether this is danny or carlie im replying to, my answer will be the same either way.

i can see where carlie is coming from in saying she dont want him to go, as they do have a 1 year old daughter, and that is a pretty big responsibility.

However (this is an unbias opinion just because i want to be a marine) it isn't fair on danny, especially if its a dream of his and something he has wanted to do since befor carlie or the daughter.

I had generally the same problem with an ex, we didn't have kid but i was with her for a year and 8 months, she wanted me to wait until the war was over to prove i loved her, then it changed to waiting a year to prove i loved her. and i talked to my mum about it and she said she dont exactly want me going in either but she will accept it, because its my life, its what i want to do and its my dream so she will never stop me and told me to never let anyone stop me going into the marines. because its just not fair.

my ex-girlfriend gave me a ultimatum as well with the whole wait a year or we're over, (i chose to finish it, soon to get back together then end again *text deleted*, hence the "ex"). but befor i ended it i asked her "would you give up your dream of being a photographer is i gave up my dream of being a marine. the *text deleted* bitch then said yeah she would, so i asked her.. well what would we do in life, get a boring *text deleted**text deleted*ty job and be misrable, and she said as long as im with you and know your safe then i'll be happy. now i personally recon thats pretty selfish and clingy, so i had to get out the relationship *text deleted*..

but anyway with regards to the child, im not one to comment, it will be hard for the child with not growing up with a father figure, i personnal grew up without a father but it doesn't bother me and i aint exactly got anything wrong with me. Its not like the kid wont see the father at all, i didn't see my father for years and only recently started to see him again once every 2 months.

The corps takes these things into consideration, and offers family quaters, and he can even get a job within the RM that allows him to end up returning home almost every day.

i expect danny wouldn't stop carlie so its not fair it being the other way around especially if its danny's dream. he's got to think "well what if we split up next month or what if we split up next year" because you can never be certain with these things. im sorry it may seem harsh but im just telling it how it is.

hope my opinion is of some help

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Im just back from the registry office, I've changed my name to sherlock!