Wondering if my left eye will be good enough...

Freddo

Reaction score
hiya lads

i'm seriously considering going into the Marines next year, however before i think about it more i want to make sure il even be eligible, to save major dissapointment.

basically, my right eye is really good and sharp - easily 20/20 if not better.

however my left eye is a different story. it is pretty damn blurry. *text deleted* self tested myself and i think i can just about crack the third row of letters on the Snellen test (letter chart). i believe this is a score of 20/100.

anyway, *text deleted* noticed that i might be in luck, as the left eye is less important because u only use your right for your rifle. it says u need <6/60 for your left, so does that mean i should be ok?

if anyone could take a look at my situation, and offer some advice, would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.

willetts_123

Reaction score
hey

Hi mate, i had the same problem but worse.. mine was the right eye, i personally think that my right eye is shocking and everythink is blurry, where as my left eye is really good. I still passed the eye test so i was very pleased.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ite mate, i think u should go throught with *text deleted* application when u r goin to an wait untill u get an eye test because u will never no if u can get in or not unless u try, wouldn't u rather try an not get in rather than decide u wont then think what if in a few years than then find out u could have but it's to late because of other commitments.

Freddo

Reaction score
ite mate, i think u should go throught with *text deleted* application when u r goin to an wait untill u get an eye test because u will never no if u can get in or not unless u try, wouldn't u rather try an not get in rather than decide u wont then think what if in a few years than then find out u could have but it's to late because of other commitments.

yeh im pretty sure il go through with it but just wanted to make sure that im not *text deleted* all hyped up about it and then find out i cant even get in *text deleted* of the eye test. it would jus be a massive let down n a waste of time. but if i were to pass the eye test id be 110% determined to get in.

thanks for all the replies.

*text deleted* at me worrying more about the damn eye test than the PRMC :laugh: