Worlds most powerful nations - a list by china.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
1) United States - 90.69
2) Britain - 65.04
3) Russia - 63.03
4) France - 62
5) Germany - 61.93
6) China - 59.10
7) Japan - 57.84
8 ) Canada - 57.09
9) South Korea - 53,2
10) India - 50.43
This was a list compiled by the PRC, I'd say the top 5 are fairly accurate as I don't have too much information about the others.

And yes, france above germany! Germany can't project it's power these days remember - only UK, US and France have any capability to really do it. Russia is up there because frankly, the amount of hardware they have (even if ill kept) is insane.

Whats your thoughts on this list? Take into account that it includes such things as education of population, military power and force projection, as well as economical factors and political stability.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Out of 100 I believe it is :P

Just the points system they used, I have no details on how they came to it sadly.

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Oh well... nice to see that were at the top though. Yeah i know united states are at the top with that astronomical number but they are about 50 times bigger than us and therefore have a *text deleted**text deleted* load more troops and technology etc etc. But even with all that tech, they still don't know the difference between a british soldier and a talibani... IDIOTS!

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
a tiny island which used to own america.. only reason they are so good is because of us.. shame there military aint as good though *text deleted*.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I love about us the most.

We might not have the best sports teams or best athletes or any *text deleted**text deleted* like that but we win wars. We have the greatest military in the world and win wars. At the end of the day I can handle not winning the World Cup but I wouldn't like it if we lost a war.

Saying that

2 WORLD WARS AND 1 WORLD CUP.... OOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
can't remember who said it but somone once said along the lines of "britain may not win all wars, but we always win the last war"

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I pretty sure what im about to say is correct though Im happy to stand corrected. For a tiny island we've done pretty well, there has been no other empire to date thats been as big as the British Empire :)

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I used to watch that *text deleted* good prog. Though I had totally forgotten it ever exsisted until you mentioned it :-D

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I pretty sure what im about to say is correct though Im happy to stand corrected. For a tiny island we've done pretty well, there has been no other empire to date thats been as big as the British Empire :)
Indeed you are correct.

#1 British Empire - 36.6 million km² (under George V of the United Kingdom in 1922)
#2 Mongol Empire - 33.2 million km²[1] (under Kublai Khan in 1268)
#3 Russian Empire - 24.8 million km² (under Alexander II in 1866) - including Alaska[4]

Empire Origin Existence From To

British Britain 425 years 1583 present

Not bad me thinks?

Still counts to modern day due to oversea territory ;)

Luke023

Reaction score
i love Britain but its a shame it is being invaded by just giving ourselves to europe

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Share head of state.

places like gib and falklands count us as empire still.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
From a few states it wouldnt surprise me, alot of russians, aussies etc would love to serve for the UK.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
From a few states it wouldnt surprise me, alot of russians, aussies etc would love to serve for the UK.
Britain should start its own Foreign Legion... Rusty could be the first recruit! :wink:

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
That list seems about right to me, at least militarily. Econmically (and socially) Japan and Germany are pretty high up. But because of WWII they have very small military.....

Britain has something like the second highest defence budget in the world, after USA, which is pretty good consider the size of it. Approximately 429,500 personnel in the British Armed Forces. France has about 779,450 personnel. So I imagine there is more money per head in the British military.

Sorry to rain on your parade but the USA has the best military in the world. Of course not man for man, the British soldiers are of a much higher quality. But in terms of force projection, logistics, manpower they are the big boys. With their Navy and Air force they reach anywhere in the world. And they have so many bases over the world...hands down.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, I doubt anyone can question America's dominance right now haha.

Problem you find is people on about china as the worlds new superpower - with a fixed currency that should be far weaker than it is and the lack of spending in the country side I can see it being a short term event. Internal problems will bugger them up so much anyway.

But luckily China isn't an agressive country and just wants to keep to itself, so it's all good, easy trading partners :fly: