Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Worried about PRMC

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by boarder34, Aug 2, 2019.

1. boarder34

boarder34 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    As the title suggests I am worried about PRMC which is on the 10th of September. The reason being is that I feel I have regressed in my press-ups and I don't know why.

Currently, my stats are as follows:

1.5 return - 8.24
    Sit-ups 75
    Pull-ups 7
    Press-ups 15 (used to be able to do 31 a few weeks ago)
    Beep test 13

Genuinely very worried about my press-ups - I'm pretty confident in all other areas but with my PRMC looming next month I am worried I'm going to fail because of my press-ups.

Do you think I should push my PRMC back or wait and see if they improve?

2. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Did you stop practicing your Press ups?

Or maybe you are overtraining?

If @arny01 sees this he will be able to give valuable advice.

3. boarder34

boarder34 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I genuinely don't know, I didn't really switch anything up in terms of training. I did rest it for a week to see if that would help but it didn't. I max out around the 14/15/16/17 mark and cannot seem to push anymore.

It's so frustrating because my PRMC is so close now and I'm not really sure whats happened. I'm happy with all my other stats yet my press-ups have got worse (I was always bad at them though and 31 isn't even good either)

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Have you done an RMAD recently? They're always a good gauge of readiness & because they follow the RMFA and Day one measured phys aspects, they benefit the individual inasmuch as they can see for themselves whether to defer or crack-on. Ask your AFCO if there's one available prior to the PRMC - thoroughly recommended.

5. Geespt

Geespt Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You still have just over a month to improve them! Train right and you’ll have no problem cracking the press ups on the day!

Have a look on here for methods that’ll help you improve press ups, for me i found the ‘greasing the groove’ method the most helpful for pressups, situps and pullups.

• Like Like x 1
  6. boarder34

boarder34 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'll try get myself on an RMAD to see how I fare under pressure & adrenaline. Hoping I will get there in time for the 10th though, just *text deleted* keep pushing.

7. Dang2696

Dang2696 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi, Guys went and done RMAD yesterday, would you say 17 is a good score on the RMFA?
    Thanks.