worries about fitness for prmc

Richie-marine

Reaction score
ive got my prmc on the 9th of december i can only do 20 marine press ups sit ups im fine 1.5 im fine and pull ups i can manage the 6 any tips? i realy want to pass this prmc and get training for that green beret its my dream.

chris1988

Reaction score
train train train is all i can say mate, the more you do it the more youll get better, also go on a website called one hundred press ups, type it in google.

i followed the programme for a couple of weeks and noticed a big difference, from 30-62 in a month, it might not work for everyone but it definatly helped me! so try it out mate, and tell me how you get on.

chris

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i am doing up to 1400 press ups a week (100 in morning and 100 in evening). Started off with sets of 15, then 20, then 25 etc over a couple of months. Every week i am beating my personal best effort in the 2 min time frame. Its worked for me, don't know if you want to try it mate, good luck

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
my sessions which i tried yesterday was staring with w/e number you want, and going down.

e.g. 10, then rest 9, then rest, etc...etc...

worked for me i do this and it equals 55 do this in the morning and evening,

my max straight off is 26 at the moment, but within 2 mins i can manage 39. which is good considering i couldn't even go beyond the 26 the other day.

Distant.RM.Cooper

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just started that programme looks like it gives good results from what you lot have said. Ill reply back after my first week tell ya how much *text deleted* improved. Pressups are a big weak point for me aswell :( . . .

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
serious lad you dont want to be going on prmc with only being able to do 20 press ups. you may be really passionate and it may be all you want to do but really it will be a huge blow if you go on prmc and fail due to press ups.

you got to give yourself the best chance possible to pass. you should be hitting close to 60 press ups in 2 minutes this close to prmc. you will get picked out for bad reasons. but you just got to keep doing press ups and bicep/tricep work on weights (and befor anyone recomends not using weights, it acctually helped me go from 40 in 2 mins to 60 in 2 mins within a couple months.

just train and if your not hitting 60 befor prmc then prospone it, there is no point going on prmc only to fail, because you will end up having to wait at least 3 months befor you take another prmc.

chewbaccas_leg

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Completely agree, just work your triceps and biceps the weights I've done as well as my other training have with out a doubt helped me

j.cunners

Reaction score
Does working your biceps help with press ups? And Why?:dontaskme:

And a bit of weight work on your shoulders and chest could help aswell.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Simply bang em out mate, you have a good month to do some solid training in! Everyone trains differently so just find a routine which suits you and stick to it religiously!
I do my press ups sit ups and pull ups every morning before my shower and every evening before i go to sleep. I have found that simply doing sets starting at 20 and building them up each week really helped.

emerson88

Reaction score
I agree, if you can only do 20 now then you may do even less at prmc as you won't be fresh. I can bang out 60 in 2 mins fresh but on prmc i got 48.

Also i would say tricep and chest are just as important, if not more than bicep for the marine style push ups.

Richie-marine

Reaction score
good news

only nine days till prmc doing 55 now and looking forward to the prmc cheers for all the tips lads and good luck

Joe-T

Reaction score
Good to see you've improved a lot, what method did you use to improve your press-ups?

All the best on your PRMC mate.