Worry with security check

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunatly I was arrested two years ago for supply of a controlled substance class c. Not something I am proud of at all, but worse than it sounds. I GAVE AWAY about £2 of cannabis, and got arrested for this. However I did it and it was wrong and payed the consequences.

Now though, I really dont want a small stupid mistake to ruin my chances of getting into the RM. Im just wondering if anyone could shed light on this. I phoned my AFCO and they seemed to think it was fine, but were a bit unsure. Factors in my favour though are that it happened when I was 17, Im now 19. I didnt actually get a conviction, but rather a final warning - much the same as a police caution. Ive also been told by the police that this will be wiped of my record two years after the event, and it is now over 2 years later.

Also, would this affect my chances if I applied for officer training?
Any info much appreciated, Fletch

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
this is a question for our forum god ninja!!

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Good old forum gods, there is always one on a forum, Ill wait with baited breath for a reply 8)

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Since you weren't convicted of anything you shouldn't have anything to worry about. This doesn't even sound like anything you need to declare since it was only a warning.

Always best to be honest though but I don't see it being held against you.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
PM inbound Fletch.

Eeek, apologies if it seems I'm projecting an omnipresent image guys :eek:ops:

(It's my professional daytime job- Careers, that is, not being all-knowing :D )