Worse Flavored??

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Whats everyones worse flavored shakes?? The Whey Protien i have is bloody amazing i could drink it all day long its basically the best milkshake you could buy :laugh: Its Banana and Vanilla flavored.

But i have this creatine crap which is bloody foul!, Its grape flavored and oh my days! Its flipping disgusting!, But its all good i suppose!

Whats everyone elses worst shakes??

Sam

D

Deleted

I don't bother with that stuff, I jsut eat more food, particularly egg and meat. Keeps you going, and gives you that energy which you might not get from the shakes. Then again I'm not properly into training yet.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
whilst working on endurance training i've been taking a creatine/dextrose supplement that's grape punch flavoured... to start with it wasn't bad but now i want to kill myself everytime i have to take it, with regards to proteins i just eat quite a high protein diet rather than take supplements but then i'm not trying to build mass at the moment.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
whilst working on endurance training i've been taking a creatine/dextrose supplement that's grape punch flavoured... to start with it wasn't bad but now i want to kill myself everytime i have to take it, with regards to proteins i just eat quite a high protein diet rather than take supplements but then i'm not trying to build mass at the moment.
Was this from holland an barret? sounds similar to mine mate, Yeah i was the same the first few drinks i loved it, And now its disgusting!.. I Have protein shakes and protein in foods such as tuna etc.

Sam

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* yeah they had a sale on so it was £5 a tub, would've been rude not to really. tricky thing with supplements though. a lot of people don't think they're worth the effort but in my experience it helps me train longer which is what i need in my cycle of training so i just man it up, as it were. and the bits....oh the bits.... it's like drinking sand water

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* yeah they had a sale on so it was £5 a tub, would've been rude not to really. tricky thing with supplements though. a lot of people don't think they're worth the effort but in my experience it helps me train longer which is what i need in my cycle of training so i just man it up, as it were. and the bits....oh the bits.... it's like drinking sand water
Yeah same one as mine mate, Yeah i bought it because it was a cheapo and ive got this £35 Stuff on its way from the USA!, So i bought it for the time being, And my god its bad!, But like you say it really does make you train for alot longer, Like tonight when i go to the gym ill be able to tell the difference!, Seriously tho you really can train for longer on this stuff

Sam

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeah it's to do with the energy available to the muscles, though it can be misleading as you gain "muscle" really quickly and actually over 30% of the initial gain is water retention (see my post in supplements sticky for details on how)

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Nice one, Seedy :wink: Bloody Yanks.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really buy commercial shakes only bought 2 before. Garnell Nutrition post workout stuff when I was BBing.

Worst Protein I've had though is Pea Protein, f'ing nasty. Taste of Whey is alright.

As for nasty tasting supplements, CEE(Creatine Ethyl Ester) and BCAA's take the win for that, bloody nasty, I've heard of CEE being reffered to as tasting like battery acid. :laugh:

Shouldn't waste your money with commercial stuff though when places like myprotein.co.uk etc exist, much cheaper and less crap in them plus you can formulate your own supps too.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have Halland and Barret Chocolate stuff i take to the gym with me, its alright but not when it clumps up and you feel big chunks of *text deleted**text deleted* going down the back of your throat

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I use unflavoured, unsweetend whey protein, no crap added, pretty much pure to the pound, tastes like utter turd however..

Babybell

Reaction score
Hey Rusty I thought you where going to start cutting down on the Protien shakes?

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Rusty I thought you where going to start cutting down on the Protien shakes?
No on the tuna mate, Protein Shakes will never be cutted!, There bloody magic!, My arms are bulking up now so its paying off.

Sam

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
All Holland & Barrett *text deleted**text deleted* is the same, the box/tub looks cool and its cheap as *text deleted**text deleted* so you're like why not? Take it a few times and your like wow this is cool....then after a while you will just *text deleted* pukewhenever you smell it *text deleted*.

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Oh my gym give out these free sachets, I forgot the make but there's Phase 1 a pre trainign energy drink which is lush, Phase 2 which is carbs and protein for after training, and Phase 3 which is just protein.

Phase 2 is the worst thing I've ever tasted, it was apparently tropical flavour, but I sat down in the changing room after training and drank it and then didn't get up for like 40 minutes because it felt like I was going to die.

D

Deleted

Phase 2 is the worst thing I've ever tasted, it was apparently tropical flavour, but I sat down in the changing room after training and drank it and then didn't get up for like 40 minutes because it felt like I was going to die.
*text deleted*, I know how it feels, I've had something similar once

Smith.m

Reaction score
the worst flavour whey protein for me is chocolate and my favourite one has to be straberry
chocolate one doesnt taste nice at all.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well the best shake I had was on saturday night when I was f.cuking steaming.
Got back to my mates after the night out and we were having a party there, he has this big tub of protein powder, so thought yeah Ill have one of them mixed it up with a load of scotch and continued getting wrecked haha.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
CHOCOLATE!! mmmmmmm yummy!!

its a b*tch to stir in though, i just give up stiring and drink it with lumps of powder in it *text deleted*.

:rock:

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Got back to my mates after the night out and we were having a party there, he has this big tub of protein powder, so thought yeah Ill have one of them mixed it up with a load of scotch and continued getting wrecked haha.
*text deleted* I bet you were soooo dehydrated the next day !