Would like to join but....

Dannyboy1989

Reaction score
Hiya new to the site and hoping to join up soon but just a quick question if anybody could answer it. A couple of years ago I applied to the royal navy and got as far as basic training but due to some bad personnel circumstances coming to light just before I started I never signed the contract and went home. Ever since the marines have appealed much more than re applying to the navy(sine the cuts seem to be gutting the fleet!) just wanted to know if it would affect my application process knowing I've turned down a career for the navy already?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Each case is viewed individually.

If an individual travels all the way to join the service & then doesn't join upon arrival, then it very much questions why they got on the train if the personal circumstances were so compelling.

Providing the previous application was withdrawn by informing your AFCO or HMS Raleigh rather than just vanishing and the personal circumstances are considered reasonable & now resolved then it may not be a significant issue.

Dannyboy1989

Reaction score
My girlfriend had a miscarriage and even though I had dealt with it she had not and when it came to it I wanted to be there for her. Worst mistake I made not joining up but she did not have anyone else fall back on.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Again, as long as you didn't simply disappear, it's unlikely to be a significant issue.