would you wear this running?

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
no because im not a royal marine...........yet

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if you wore that and ran past any RM base, you'd be forced to run fast. Might be good for your training.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
kind of bad luck to be honest to wear one unless you have earned it

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No.

I do have one (green with black lettering) which I picked up when I was in training but have never worn it other than occassionally round the house.

I also have the PRMC t-shirt (blue with yellow lettering "Potential Royal Marines Commando, Its a state of mind) which you get given on your PRMC and I do wear that running.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
They sell them at louise b's on camp but obviously only the RM's buy them, unless your a recruit on a suicide mission, but they do sell lots of other RM clothing there that just says "ROYAL MARINES" on the back of them wich a few of the recruits buy, the training team Had mentioned that its ok for the recruits to buy them as they don't state your a Royal Marine Commando.

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i was once out in guildford visiting a friend of mine who was at university. i was out, and obviously very drunk. then in this bar came along this lad who my mate loosely knew. he was wearing one of these T-shirts. i naturally tried to talk to him, and ask him for advice and his experience in the corps. however this guy seems a little perplexed by this topic, smiling at me like some braindead school girl.

my mate then had to pull me aside and explain to me that this guy wasnt a marine... but a hairdresser... and that he had borrowed this T-shirt from one of his cousins.

i was not very impressed.. to be honest.. i see it as disrespectful... i look at it in the same light as the green beret. u havent earned it, so dont wear it. i felt like mouthing abuse at this guy for being a tosser, however i was pursuaded against it.

i know it might seem like a bit of a strong point of view, but i think it just takes the piss when u get a hairdresser strutting around making out hes a royal marine. The two could not be further apart!!

mike

MrBannister

Reaction score
You guys should stop beliving in bad luck and crack on with things more important.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No i belive in bad luck. I refuse to tutch my friends beret. And + you dont want to advertise that your in the core its not the attention you want...

ChrisL

Reaction score
No i belive in bad luck. I refuse to tutch my friends beret. And + you dont want to advertise that your in the core its not the attention you want...

Yep my cousin in 45 and he was home a few month i was sooo tempted to try on his green lid but didnt want to cheat myself...Plus he told me any1 that trys on the Green Lid before they earn it is said to not make it through RT *text deleted* that also is Bad Luck

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
t-shirts etc don't worry! as for the green beret thats diffrent! you *text deleted* earn that ! when you cross that bridge after months of training and pain and tiredness and you first touch it/put it on, i bet thats a feeling you can't imagine! so ill wait till that day to touch one! if a fail then i won't touch!

*text deleted* earn it!