wowowowow

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00dtxgt
Yes yes, the undercover soiler. Much debate on wether is was right or not but anyway. At 9.14 that's my AFCO in leeds and ive actually sat in that room... it just shocked me how real the whole program is and I wonder what the guys at the AFCO will think about it because they're top notch fellas

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well that's one more point taken of the BBCs integrity, and one more reason for people wondering about joining the armed forces not to join, well done BBC. Really, top notch work. :applaus:

Anyone else think they should refund the army for that recruits training cost?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Guy he met in pub.. typical no brain retard *text deleted*.

Scrap that, so's the journo, liberal fag by the sound of it.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00dtxgt
Yes yes, the undercover soiler. Much debate on wether is was right or not but anyway. At 9.14 that's my AFCO in leeds and ive actually sat in that room... it just shocked me how real the whole program is and I wonder what the guys at the AFCO will think about it because they're top notch fellas

Yeah me too *text deleted*, mate do you attend holding troop in Leeds on thursday nights at all? because i'm starting this thursday.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Says I need to be in the UK to watch it. Pretty dumb.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'll sum it up for you:

1) Stupid reporter quite snobbishly joins the army
2) Stupid reporter shows evidence of recruits being beaten.
3) Stupid recruiter shows evidence of the system working and an investigation being underway
4) Stupid reporter undermines the investigation
5) You wonder where the last 60 minutes of your life went

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it was an interesting watch. Although it didn’t show much of training I do think it showed a lot of differences between the army and the Royal Marines and the kind of people that join each organisation. All I can say is im glad im joining the Royal Marines.

As for the bullying side of it, I think, for the early part of the program the journo was just dripping about a few beastings. The first actual confirmed instance of violence from the instructions was because a mouthy recruit threw the first punch against the Corporal - which in my book is fair game.

The other reported instances seemed to all get dealt with correctly by the chain of command however the programs 'documentation' of the events was based solely on speculation and word of mouth - naturally the recruits involved would elaborate when retelling the story.

---

I dont think the program would really discourage anyone from joining the armed forces. Anyone watching the program with serious intentions of joining would dismiss the program in the same manner we all have.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
'The army is a racist organisation' - wouldn't be a safe place for me then haha!

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Diverse

I don't know about the Army, but the RM are definately NOT racist. On the way through training everybody is generally treated the same. Once you pass out and are wearing the green lid, you're part of the family.

That's the top and bottom of it really mate.

Cheers

Steve

New Threads