wrists

C

critchmufc

pains in the wrist when i bend them inwards, also recently a pain in my lower abdomen wen i run, any ideas?

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im not quite sure of the abdomen mate, might *text deleted* be more specific, even on the wrists. Do you play a lot of video games or type on the computer a lot ?, could give wrist problems.

A great and cheap strength exercise is this. You'll need the following to make it.

Get 1x10 pound weight ( solid circular weight )

A sturdy stick , Im Canadian, so naturally I bought a cheap hockey stick, works brilliantly.

Finally some decent thin and strong rope, should be able to pick up from any hardware store.

So you want to put one end of the rope through the weight, and knot it off. Take the other end of the rope and wrap it a few times around the stick. I put a nail about half way into the hockey stick, and wrapped the rope around that a few times first, just for better traction. Then you stick your arms straight out, ( best to be straight at all times so you don't cheat ), and slowly twist your hands wrapping the rope up around the stick, and raising the weight all the way to the top of the stick. Then wrist it back down and continue.

I hope that makes sense. It will help turn your forearms into baseball bats. Also helps to strengthen grip, and strength. Hope it all makes sense :biggrin:

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure about the wrist problem, listen to Ty, he seems to know.

As for the pain in lower abdomen, sounds most likely like a stitch.

C

critchmufc

Im not quite sure of the abdomen mate, might *text deleted* be more specific, even on the wrists. Do you play a lot of video games or type on the computer a lot ?,

i had the similar feeling in my upper left forearm, the nurse at the walkin sed its from doing to many push ups, just leave it a week and it will be fine, ive left it a week and its not as bad but it still hurts

C

critchmufc

As for the pain in lower abdomen, sounds most likely like a stitch.

yerr it feels like a stitch, but i didnt no u could get them there, and ive only just recently started *text deleted* it

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i had the similar feeling in my upper left forearm, the nurse at the walkin sed its from doing to many push ups, just leave it a week and it will be fine, ive left it a week and its not as bad but it still hurts

Is it the inside, or outside of the forearm ?. It's more then likely golfers elbow, or tennis elbow ( depending on the side ). I was doing heavy lifting back in the day and ended up straining mine. If I even just tapped my forearm against any solid object it was painful. Your best bet is to take some anti-inflamatorys, like Ibuprofen. Rest the forearm for a few days. Would be a wise idea to build strength within that forearm before attempting more pushups. Do the exercise I listed above, or search online for some additional exercises. If your not too sure, just let me know, I use to be a Personal Trainer.

C

critchmufc

yeah, it was the outside of my forearm, but thats sorted now, its the pain in the wrists thats still there

it calms down so i cant feel it, but if i do a big bulk of push ups then it starts to hurt again after about an hour

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yerr it feels like a stitch, but i didnt no u could get them there, and ive only just recently started *text deleted* it

You can get a stitch in just about any where in your abdomen really. The other day, I got a stitch in the right side of my chest. I couldn't massage it, because my ribcage was in the way, so it hurt and didn't stop hurting till i stopped running *text deleted*.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
That wrist exercise is a killer! Used to do it in boxing see how many times you can do it in 2 mins.

edit: can't believe no one said this yet but stopping *text deleted* might help :flushed:

C

critchmufc

That wrist exercise is a killer! Used to do it in boxing see how many times you can do it in 2 mins.

edit: can't believe no one said this yet but stopping *text deleted* might help :flushed:

haha, now lets not be stupid

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
First build up the forearms, and then look into strengthening the wrists. I had bad wrists from typing a lot, and I slowly worked them up. The forearm workouts can help loosen up any scar tissue or past injuries, which helps a lot. Scar tissue build up can lock the wrists, and although you feel you have 100% motion with them, a slight bit here and there can stop blood flow and cause damage.

If pushups cause a lot of pain, slowly work into them. Do push ups against a wall, this only presses about 1/4 of your actual body weight. This will slowly increase strength, and not hammering your wrists all at once. After that feels comfortable ( a few days, maybe a week ), do pushups with your legs on the ground crossed. This position is only pushing up the torso, about 2/4 of your body weight. Finally, if your wrists feel good, and you've been working the forearms, do full push ups. You might even find by slowly getting your body into them, you have increased your max output and endurance.

Cheers !