wtf is this?

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ive boxed for a few years and thats certainly not boxing *text deleted*, im sure theres a good reason why they do it but what could it be?

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Its called controlled agrresion, you punch each other for 1 minute and then return back to being friends again, simple.

et-adams

Reaction score
It's called Milling. PARAs have to prove that when asked they can switch aggression on and off. It's part of P-company. If anyone doesn't have the right conviction, they fail.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Yeah as said it's called milling,
you're not allowed to block or dodge,
you just punch as hard as you can and as much as you can.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like fun. Only if your the stronger lad tho haha. What is it supposed to achive? that you dont give up?

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its controlled aggression, and the only not giving up bit is of your losing.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I heard it was so you learn to keep your head up no matter what is coming towards you seems rather pointless though *text deleted*

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Its not pointless what so ever, its better than unarmed combat, and it gives you the right mental attitude, paras are *text deleted**text deleted*ing hard lads, and too be fair no disrespect to any marines on here, but id rather fight a marine than a para. Paras never *text deleted**text deleted*ing give up

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Bullsh*t, have you met both? do you know both well? Have you trained for both? No.

Edit:and unless anyone HAS, then please stop the handbag fights over this subject.

RC

Reaction score
Its not pointless what so ever, its better than unarmed combat, and it gives you the right mental attitude, paras are *text deleted**text deleted*ing hard lads, and too be fair no disrespect to any marines on here, but id rather fight a marine than a para. Paras never *text deleted**text deleted*ing give up

That is probably the most ill informed, ridiculous statement I have seen in a long time.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
''I thought you said there were no marines in heaven?'' says para,
An Angel replies, ''no thats god with that bergen, he thinks he's one.''

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

This comment, made my head hurt.
Or maybe thats the weights, either way - dumb statement.

S

Sotiris

I'd much rather learn how to kill someone in unarmed combat then how to break their nose milling..

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bullsh*t, have you met both? do you know both well? Have you trained for both? No.

Edit:and unless anyone HAS, then please stop the handbag fights over this subject.

Bull*text deleted**text deleted*? doubt it pal, got mates in both 2 para and 45 commando, and i know which one id rather not mess with. But thats upto you who you judge.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Aye, seems a bit pointless to me. It may give you the confidence to keep your head up but when is that actually useful tell me? The less blows you get the better.

Unarmed combat teaches you how to block, dodge, counter attack which could come in useful. But accepting punches to the face doesn't seem a clever way to survive. Someone stabs at your face with a knife, hell just show courage and let them get on with it *text deleted*!

Though I guess it's just part of their tradition, I'm sure the Royal Marines have plenty of their own, like roll mat fighting or something?

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This is the third arguement i have seen on here about the Marines and Paras. There both as good as each other stop bitching over it.. There only difference is how they are disiplined.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Milling is only for one minute how is that suppose to teach you anything, plus they got head gear on, we dont even wear head gear at my boxing club. Keep licking para balls sunshine