WW3? Russian

Discussion in 'Current & Military Affairs Discussion Forum.' started by Shadow Frog, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Shadow Frog

Shadow Frog Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just got a few questions about this subject if I may.

1) Would WW3 be with Russia?

2) Is Russia that mad to start nuclear war on United States?

3) How would we react?

What kind of knowledge do any of you have on this subject?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

I personally don't know a lot about this but this documentary made by the BBC I found very interesting on the subject.

World War 3: Inside The War Room
    "Following the crisis in Ukraine and Russia's involvement in Syria, the world is closer to superpower confrontation than at any time since the end of the Cold War. Now, a war room of senior former British military and diplomatic figures comes together to war-game a hypothetical 'hot war' in eastern Europe, including the unthinkable - nuclear confrontation."

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v100958706dgM8wMZd

• Seen Seen x 1
  3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    There will never be a world war three. It will be a nuclear war. And we will all be screwed.

The Ukraine situation was a "Cold War by proxy".
    Russia could see the US as a powerful ally.

There's a lot more to Putin and his policies and his politics than the main stream media (which is bias and manipulative) will lead you to beleive.

I would be far more concerned about a "world war" between ISIS/Arabic/Islamic States and the western world.
    and yes I think they are that mad they would turn it Nuclear. Maybe not conventional but definitely dirty.

How would we react? Probably some wet lettuce limp wristed reaction because politicians have no spine, and are too scared to hurt anyone's feelings. And the liberal left wing special snowflake brigade will be protesting it, thinking we live in some hippy flower loving, tee hugging world where people don't get hurt and everyone can "get along" and all this diversity liberal propaganda bullish!t.

If you think about it, we already are in a world war. Inatead of conventional warfare and a state, we are fighting an religious ideology with lone wolf and sleeper cell terrorists. Home grown, protected and funded by a lot of back foot politics and underhand tactics. Attacking all around the world, regardless of country, attacking the idea of freedom and western society.

And we just sit back and let them. At least Russia had the right idea in Syria.

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 3
  4. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Back door politics*

Ukraine and Syria would never have gone nuclear.
    The two are completely different situations. I don't believe we are closer to a super power confrontation now, and if we are, it would be china I would worry about. Not Russia.

I think it will break down to a race war in America, and a religious war in Europe.

5. DD

DD Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    From the little I have read on watched on international conflict I believe that the days state-to state warfare are over (or at least the chances of it occurring are small). As stated before, wars are predominately fought through proxies and the general trend seems to be state against non state actors. In my opinion WW3 would be a highly unlikely event.

And despite not knowing much about the intricacies of Russian foreign policy, if one considers the Cuban Missile Crisis as pivotal event where Nuclear War was the most likely it can be seen that both the American and the Russian governments were reluctant to say the least to engage in nuclear warfare.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Thread moved from General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  7. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Your definition of left wing politians is spot on. In general "they" believe we can help everyone by taking everyone in from all the poor countries and house everyone and we'd be ok. They think as you say everyone should get on and they seem to overlook population rising and cultural differences in communities and how we cant just straight away intergrate.

I agree Russia arent the problem listen to putin he actually says its America who are the problem, even though putin backs assad he has mentioned that its America who have nuclear subs surrounding their border and ballistic misiles facing Russia not Russia

• Like Like x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  8. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

I think we would react how we did in the cold war and not do much unless threatened however theresa may in my eyes wouldnt mess about

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1