Yes Marines day i happy!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey lads, just got back from meet the marines. I am so please as the marines said i was the best there and if i had my prmc they are 100% i will pass that. We done a 3 mile run with some heavy mat, 4 guys carrying and 2 running so you can switch. I ended up not switching the any of the 3 miles, which took the piss as i was dieing. It was like 'right guys get up this mega *text deleted**text deleted*ing steep hill in 1 min if you do not you do it again'. Also these wimps on the course sucked, i had to do all there press ups for them as they could not complete them, guess what i could normally only do 30 marine style press ups, and *text deleted**text deleted* me i did 84. I asked the marine did i do them all right and he said yes, i am so pleased as i dont know how the hell i done that much, my arms are dead.

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like u had a good day , let this make u train even harder now, dont think just *text deleted* u have been told u would of passed ya PRMC u can be slack , KEEP IT BOYO :applaus:

j.cunners

Reaction score
Not heard of this 'Meet the Marines Day',

1.what is it?
2.how do I get on one?
3.similiar set up to RMAD or same thing?

And well done for doing so well. :applaus:

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Not heard of this 'Meet the Marines Day',

1.what is it?
2.how do I get on one?
3.similiar set up to RMAD or same thing?

And well done for doing so well. :applaus:

I just got on it with my collage. Also its like, paintballing, team activites, look at the weapons, assult course, unarmed display, rock climbing, absailing, survial thing, and a mega run with some hench heavy mat, depends who you have, but you could be running allday *text deleted*. I will never give up, im *text deleted* train,train and train, but *text deleted* 84 marine style press ups. I thought i was *text deleted**text deleted* at them, but i manage just to crack on, maybe as i saw the marines watching *text deleted*. I have only run 1.5 miles so today running 3 miles was good.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey ninja, there was some royal navy lady walking around taking pictures, she was like it was all on me. The navy man said why you taking them of him and she said just all in general. I asked her will we get to see the pictures, and she said look on the royal navy website, but i dont see them going on there as meet the marines is on all the time. Do you think they will?

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
NICE ONE MATE! good to hear you enjoyed, sounds similar to RMAD (get one of those booked next mate!) yeh i managed to do 51 press ups on my RMAD which id never done before, funny how the body reacts to military orders!:bud:

yeah but mate, i found it hard to get to 25 and just had trouble raiseing it to 30. All of a sudden i go out and get 84, i find it weird, but who cares, i got it :)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hey ninja, there was some royal navy lady walking around taking pictures, she was like it was all on me. The navy man said why you taking them of him and she said just all in general. I asked her will we get to see the pictures, and she said look on the royal navy website, but i dont see them going on there as meet the marines is on all the time. Do you think they will?

They usually take photographs for local press releases & general public relations advertising.. You may well appear in the Globe & Laurel, Navy News, possibly the RN website if they run a "Meet the Marines" feature or on the RM website. The RN employ fulltime photographers so the pictures may not always be published. Your local AFCO may well be sent digital copies and if you ask them, they may possibly get copies for you - not guaranteed mind.

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
i could normally only do 30 marine style press ups, and *text deleted**text deleted* me i did 84.

*text deleted* me, that's quite a difference! Hopefully I'll be able to pull off the same kind of numbers as I'm currently getting to around 40 and I feel like death when I've finished, *text deleted*.

Well done mate and good luck with everything else.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* me, that's quite a difference! Hopefully I'll be able to pull off the same kind of numbers as I'm currently getting to around 40 and I feel like death when I've finished, *text deleted*.

Well done mate and good luck with everything else.

*text deleted* i tryed doing it again, but cant. Maybe i should rest my arms then beast them, as my arm is dead, more my right arm from running with the heavy mat. I may just do sets, and every monday max them out. The best part of meet the marines is the running and press ups etc, well for me it was. It was like this ' Lads get down this hill quicker than this lot, if you do not we will do it again' (This is with a heavy mat). We get down there and he says get the *text deleted**text deleted* down as some people was not getting down, we all got down and he said press up now. 'Down, stretch etc'. My arms where dead from the last 84 i did earlyer like 10 mins before. After he said, run up this *text deleted**text deleted*ing hill with the mat in under 1 min, we got to the top he said, 'Get the *text deleted**text deleted* down press up now, down,stretch etc'. Then he said get up run to the end with the mat, i was collapseing but i pushed on. We had some girl in our team, and i had to hold the heavy mat the whole time, what a rat. I was dieing as my arms from the press ups, then running with the heavy *text deleted**text deleted*ing mat. Also that why girls should not join, they slow you down.

New Threads