Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

YO 2019 Batch

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by Caversham, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Apologies @dolly , missed the alert. If the application is already underway and you've passed the PJFT, you should make the cut but chase your ACLO to get your career discussion cracked as soon as possible.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dolly

dolly New Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    Not a problem, thank you for the reply Ninja! I passed the standard PJFT, did they also scrap the 2% incline for officers as well? As I completed mine without one and I saw on the RN website that officers must complete one with an incline, so I possibly might have to re-run? Thank you and all the best.

3. dolly

dolly New Member

App Stage:
    Thank you for the information! I've taken your advice and appreaciate the support, all the best, have a good new year!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The RN website is out of date. PJFT for RMOR & RMO is the same.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Polo

Polo Member

What is the closing date for RMO applications for 2019?

6. Flubberdog

Flubberdog Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    It is worth pointing out that there is only one YO batch per annum, so if you are interested for the 2019 batch you have no time to lose. After that you will be looking at a September 2020 intake. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maverick200597

Maverick200597 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    My application is going off today. Can't wait to get the process started!

8. NO.SF&G

NO.SF&G New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    I think that it depends where you take the PJFT. Mine for instance was completed with a 2% incline and had to be completed under 10 minutes. Dont believe they have managed to get consistency from test to test just yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dolly

dolly New Member

App Stage:
    UPDATE:

Application officially switched to officer, just waiting on the next stage, I do not need to re-do the PJFT as like Ninja said it's the same across the board now apparently. Thanks for the help all. I'm not sure I need to do the SIFT interview either? Could someone enlighten? I was asked a few questions over the phone and they may have added my answers to my previous SIFT interview for regular commandos.

10. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    On the letter regarding the invite to POC it states you should bring your own boots, is this mandatory/beneficial?

11. NO.SF&G

NO.SF&G New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    I don't think it's mandatory as it hasn't been before hand. However, you can bring boots that you have worn in to prevent blistering and also practice running in boots before the actual POC so you have some experience in boots.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Beneficial, not mandatory.

You should only take your own boots if you have had the opportunity to wear them in and they meet the requirements laid out in the letter; heal blocks etc.

My lad used the pussers boots and passed OK.

13. mayo4x

mayo4x New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Nice to meet you chaps. I’m hoping to join the 2019 batch as it’s my only chance (turning 26 in December). I’ve just passed my PJFT yesterday and looking to get on the POC as soon as possible. Is anyone else booked onto one coming up?

14. NO.SF&G

NO.SF&G New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Likewise mate, in the same boat as you as I'll be 26 in November. Waiting on my date too at the moment. Some talk of dates in late March/mid April on here currently so expect we'll have one around then.

15. Xeones

Xeones New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Last chance here too. I passed my career discussion in November, still have not got a POC date, should I be concerned?

16. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

The fact that you have done your medical and PJFT means you are all good for Sept 2019.
    You need to speak to your ACLO and have the initial careers discussion at which point you need to discuss POC dates.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Xeones

Xeones New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    ACLO told me that the AIB only went back to work yesterday so to wait a week then chase up again. I am trying my best to be patient but I am also very aware that time is ticking.

18. sharkie452

sharkie452 New Member

App Stage:
    Booked onto a POC starting 10th March, wondering if anybody else is on this? Could possibly get a group chat started for it?

19. green_beret0710

green_beret0710 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    @sharkie452

I’m also on this POC, would be happy to get a group chat going.

20. NO.SF&G

NO.SF&G New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    How long after your PJFT and CD did you both get your date for the POC?