YO 2021 Batch

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
As selection for the 2020 Batch is nearly complete, with only the FSB to go it now seems right to start a thread for next year's Batch as questions are now being asked by potential candidates.

Good luck to you all.

Alan

largelocal-124

Reaction score
I'm aiming for this batch - heading into my last year of Uni.

Just one question - does anyone know whether potential officer visits still take place?

Tractors

Reaction score
Can I just ask on average how many direct entry 18-19 year olds you would find in a YO batch, cheers.

1664rmcm

Reaction score
Also aiming for this Batch, just passed my VAIB recently for scholarship but the 2021 Batch is my aim over the scholarship. Will have to redo a few things to keep them from expiring.

Stroll147

Reaction score
Possibly 3 0r 4
What are the things that make these 3 or 4 stand out so much that they are picked straight after sixth form/college. Is it academics or other types of attributes that get them selected.

Many thanks.

TheRents

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is it academics or other types of attributes that get them selected.
The POC and AIB assess many facets of a candidate's personality and abilities. Academic potential is just one of many.

If you score highly in both assessments you will be selected, regardless of age.

I am not a military man, but in my experience the best teams always have a good mix of age and background and I would not be surprised if the Corps look to have a spectrum of age and life skills in the batch.

wattybanker

Reaction score
Someone told me the intake was January, was gutted when I realised it's actually September! Hopefully see you all there!

Flubberdog

Reaction score
All the best to everyone going for the Batch. There is a lot of help on this forum, so ask away, whether you are interested in a place yourself, or are a parent or partner. Good luck to you all!