YO Batch 2017

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by NALEXB, Nov 24, 2016.

1. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    3rd year in a row, a little thread for anyone gunning for 2017. Keep each other posted on here.

• Like Like x 4
  2. JAMBO2511

JAMBO2511 Member

App Stage:
    Hi mate, same boat as you!

3. PotentialToff

PotentialToff Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I'm aiming for this too. 3 years in a row is committed, what deferred you each time if you don't mind me asking @NALEXB ?

4. TheFTC

TheFTC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Second attempt for me lads, I have my AIB pencilled in for March

5. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    @PotentialToff you and I are stuck at the same stage at the moment...ringing capita tomorrow to see if I can get anything moving! How's everyone's training going?

6. PotentialToff

PotentialToff Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I am in touch with a Sgt who is chasing things for me, calling him every Wednesday without fail. Really frustrating cause I would of liked the option of an early POC incase of the worst case scenario of a fail. However more time to prepare is always a good thing.
    @TheFTC take it you did the November POC? How'd you find it?

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Good luck to all for this year's batch. Last year was a tough one with well over 40 more applicants passing POC & AIB, but not selected. A good number of those are re-applying this year and this will invariably keep the bar raised this year.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheFTC

TheFTC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    @PotentialToff due to my medical taking so long to get clearance (about 5 months in total) I completed my POC in may, having submitted my initial application in the previous September. And even then I was only able to get a position on that course at short notice after someone dropped out of it.
    My advice would be keep cracking on with the phys, so you can be ready for anything if doors do suddenly start opening.

In terms of how I found POC, I actually loved every minuete of it. I had prepared fully and effectively for all aspects and knew that I was able to pass, it was just a case of veering my personal bests and digging out blind. If you go into it with this mindset you'll be fine. I was surprised by others lack of prep, some never having practiced mock RMFA's for example, don't fall into this trap. You know what required of you before you go, so there's no excuse for not smashing these elements out in training before you go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  9. Quantumblade

Quantumblade New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Gunning for this batch as well. Originally applied November 2015 hoping to make the '16 batch but my medical took 6 months. Just have POC & AIB left.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    Only my second year applying, I meant its the third time the YO Batch thread has come about. I passed AIB but didn't get selected unfortunately, myself and Jambo are in the same boat having already redone our AIB's so we are just waiting the result of selection now.

Good luck everyone

11. ERFC

ERFC Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You're officers, totally agree with the"no excuse for not preparing". You guys are going to be the role models and need to be much fitter then the majority of the troop!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  12. PotentialToff

PotentialToff Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I've heard the above quote a lot from everyone at the ACLO. I think as an officer you should under no circumstances fail day one of the POC, as that is inexcusable without a genuine illness or injury. However the same can definitely be applied to the ORs as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bikeman2694

bikeman2694 New Member

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding the start date of officer training should I be fortunate enough to be selected. Does anyone know the exact date YO training begins? Looking to enter Ironman Wales on September 10th 2017 but don't want to shell £450 on entry if the dates would clash. Thanks in advance.

James

14. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    4th September mate

15. bikeman2694

bikeman2694 New Member

Thank you mate. I'll aim for Bolton I'm instead then. Had better get training!

16. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    Just be wary of any injury during that, obvs a big undertaking and if you're up for 2017 you don't want anything holding you back. Otherwise, hope you smash it!