YO Batch 2017

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by NALEXB, Nov 24, 2016.

1. pm12131

pm12131 Member

Well done lads! Looks like I'm going to be joining you too.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. jcrt111

jcrt111 New Member

Never posted on here before lads but this seems like a good time to start. Got the nod for the batch this morning on the phone. Buzzing dosen't even come close!

Well done all the rest of you boys who got it, best of luck for next year those of you who just missed it. As someone said on here before, it's a serious effort to get to selection stage anyway.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. MrDann

MrDann Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    On the batch!

Not a bad Monday.

Look forward to meeting you all.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    Got the nod

I'll be seeing you boys there it seems!

Congrats to all, and keep trying for those that didn't get it

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. jmttraining

jmttraining New Member

App Stage:
    Congrats to all the lads selected and best of luck in training.

Unfortunately didn't make the batch this time but already underway with proceedings for the 18 batch, bit of a ball ache re-doing the process after having completed it once but only 19 so age is on my side! Enjoy Lympstone lads!

• Like Like x 3
    • Seen Seen x 1
  6. BON

BON Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Made the Batch so looks like I'll be seeing many of you in September! To those who didn't get a place, good luck for next years intake or exploring other avenues such as Marine (it's no less of a challenge!) or Sandhurst. To make it as far the Final Selection is an achievement in itself.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Fozzdogzz

Fozzdogzz New Member

App Stage:
    Meanwhile in the US... still waiting -banghead-. Hopefully it will arrive this week *text deleted*

8. Joeblogger

Joeblogger New Member

App Stage:
    Same mate. Have tried emailing and calling but no luck. Has anyone got a letter yet?

9. larry

larry New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Sadly missed out the batch this year congrats to all that did and best of luck for September! Want to have a go at next years batch is it just a case of retaking AIB? Did my POC in Feb and AIB in May 2017 if that helps?

10. Fozzdogzz

Fozzdogzz New Member

App Stage:
    Are you in the UK? I assumed I didn't get mine yet because of the distance. If I don't get in this year I'll be applying again, I was told that I'd have to do POC and AIB again.

11. Joeblogger

Joeblogger New Member

App Stage:
    I'm in central America but letter was meant to be posted to my parents house in UK and they will let me know but still no sign of it. Has everyone in the UK got their letter?

12. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Nope I don't think any of the lads I've been talking to have had theirs yet either!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

My apologies for being behind the curve this year due to a short camping expedition in North Wales to an area that evades 4G. Bliss in some respects, a curse in others.

A sincere congratulations to those making the cut this year and commiserations to those not selected this time around. As ever it's heartening to see some guys are going Other Rank, others may intend giving it another shot.

I'm impressed with the number of winners on this thread but it is my dour duty to just remind everyone, even if you don't need reminding, about the dreaded "persec" aspect.

CTC monitor this site because it's ace, obvs, but at the same time they do so to ensure people don't identify themselves online and compromise their own safety. Equally, there's nothing some like more than bringing any indiscretions to the attention of the fellow Young Officers in your batch -nailbiting-

To this end, and again my apologies for stating the bleeding obvious, your best bet security-wise is to not publicly post details about yourselves which may help identify you and likewise as you progress through training, please don't publicly divulge training issues.

Well done all - the vast majority, and I really do mean the vast majority, do not get as far as passing AIB and getting put forward for RM Officer selection. That in itself is worthy of a mention on a CV.

• Like Like x 8
  14. MadMan48

MadMan48 Member

Gents,

How much phys are lads doing over the next month or so? Half of me wants to go down in top condition but the other half is thinking we'll be getting smashed and it's better to go down fully rested and niggle free. Thoughts?

15. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    I'm going to go down there as close to poc shape as pos. I figure if you're fit, that's one less thing to worry about, and if your training hard, your body is less likely to react badly to the smaller respective increase in training level once we get down there and thus less likely to get injured.
    Will be taking a weeks rest before it all kicks off, and stuffing every orifice with pasta, but till then, training and tonnes of bloody reading are on the agenda..

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  16. MrDann

MrDann Member

App Stage:
    I'm going for a happy medium.

Plenty of swimming and cycling to avoid any lower body injuries, and general body weight phys.

Want good scores for the reassessment but I'm not going to risk injury.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    Agreed on niggle free though, train within reason etc

18. Quantumblade

Quantumblade Member

App Stage:
    I agree with NALEXB, I'm aiming for as close to POC fit as I can. So a lot of leg strength/conditioning and plenty of 800m sprints etc, but also recognising as soon as something doesn't feel right to stop pushing so hard. Will stop training a week before aswell

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  19. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Active Member

For those joining in September. Give this a shot: 3 rounds for time of - 800m run, 50squats, 800m run, 50burpees.

Relatively comparable (if that's even possible) to IMF which is going to be your life for the first 9weeks.

Just remember the only person you are cheating is yourself if you take it easy. Go balls out and see what time you get. You want those 800m under or around 3min. Don't do too much of that though in the next few weeks haha...

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  20. Duff1996

Duff1996 Member

App Stage:
    @Ninja_Stoker , is there any information about 2018 entry available??