YO18 Batch

mactavish80

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I'd start this thread for everyone else who was aiming for the 2018 Young Officer batch.

Drop a comment below with how you're getting on and where your up to, be good to know how everyone's getting on

mactavish80

Reaction score
Not too bad mate, currently starting to get more hill sprints in to sort me for bottom field.

What kind of time you hoping for an AIB?

RedStag

Reaction score
Alright lads

I've just sent away my medical questionnaire and opticians report etc waiting for interview and medical date at the moment.

How's the training for PJFT going? hating the treadmill running myself -vomit-

Jadefish

Reaction score
Hi all - long time lurker after 2 years of failed medical attempts I was declared fit in September and completed the PJFT last week. Still waiting to book the SIFT in though, anyone got there's coming up?

RedStag

Reaction score
Do you mind me asking what you were failed on Jadefish?

I've got a clean bill bar one surgery on my hand over a year ago for damage to tendons in 2 fingers and I'm concerned that Capita are going to make it an issue.

Circuits21

Reaction score
Hi all

I too am aiming for the 2018 batch! Have my PJFT coming up on the 2/12/17 !

Jadefish

Reaction score
Mine was a complicated kidney op that I had when I was a child. Only advice I would give is get in early and be incredibly persistent even if you get told no the first time!

Mr_F

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm aiming for the 2018 YO batch as well.

Got my POC coming up soon, hopefully all goes well!

RedStag

Reaction score
@Jadefish Glad to see they finally relented, seems to be a huge early stumbling block for a lot of lads

Mr_F

Reaction score
@Mr_F Good luck with the POC mate, be sure to let us know how it went!
Cheers mate

@Mr_F Best of luck with the POC - what was the turn around time between SIFT and POC?
I did my SIFT back in mid July and was given an October POC (which I could not make due to exam commitments). So all in all, it was about a 12 week wait between my SIFT and the original POC date I was offered.

How are you feeling for your SIFT interview?

mactavish80

Reaction score
Glad to see there's a few of us going for it.

Where abouts are we all with our corps knowledge and current affairs, etc?

Cal_Lakey1

Reaction score
Alright lads

I've just sent away my medical questionnaire and opticians report etc waiting for interview and medical date at the moment.

How's the training for PJFT going? hating the treadmill running myself -vomit-
What kind of times you getting for the second 1.5 miles? Mundane running on treadmills but its all about getting the training in.

RedStag

Reaction score
Where abouts are we all with our corps knowledge and current affairs, etc?

I used this pdf for the basics then built up around it adding a bit here and there, as far as current affairs I use social media heavily particularly the RN & RM Facebook pages.

Attachments

• RM FACTSHEET.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 94

RedStag

Reaction score
What kind of times you getting for the second 1.5 miles? Mundane running on treadmills but its all about getting the training in.

Times vary on roads, a good day is ~8:30 with bad day being closer to 9:10 depending on diet and other training etc.

On the treadmill everyday is a bad day haha usually coming in around 9:20/30 for the second leg, I definitely find it much harder to stay in rhythm

Cal_Lakey1

Reaction score
Coming in a similar times to me mate. Sure on the day of the pjft you will do much better with the adrenaline coming into it. From what I've seen a combination of longer runs & interval training is the best way to get the time down.

mactavish80

Reaction score
I used this pdf for the basics then built up around it adding a bit here and there, as far as current affairs I use social media heavily particularly the RN & RM Facebook pages.

That's sound, cheers for that mate.

On a fitness note, does anyone have trouble running on the treadmill? Like, I just can't get into my stride as easy and seem to find it harder to keep going then on road running?

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
Found out I passed my medical last week - now in the same boat as you guys, waiting for a date for my PJFT!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
YellowBelly98 YO18 Batch - feedback request POC Section 4
dvd 2023 RMYO Batch + Pausing Application POC Section 2
J Sep 2022 RMYO Batch POC Section 7