YO18 Batch

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by mactavish80, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Give your afco a call and they will have your medical pass on there systems so they’ll give you the number to book your pjft then we’ll I'm sure it has to be 28 days within your medical pass.

Are you going officer route?

2. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    28 days? I hope this chesty cough gets gone soon then.

Yes, going for the officer route (hopefully!)

3. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yea 28 days if not it classes as a fail.

I rang mine up soon as was given the all clear on medical and booked it then.

Got mine next week and I not long got over the flu so know how you feel!

Good luck with that fella!

4. Daleee

Daleee New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I had the exact same issue but it was 1 finger and i was alright mate. They said as long as youve got full mobility in it its not a problem just get the medical records from nhs for a 10er for when you go to the medical

• Like Like x 1
  5. RedStag

RedStag New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    That's good to know mate cheers, I've got full mobility and rock climb once a week so no issues with finger strength! Just got my medical records the other day as well so hopefully won't be an issue

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chelonian

Chelonian Well-Known Member

For anyone not aware the monthly Navy News contains much current affairs information about Royal Navy, Royal Marines and Royal Fleet Auxilliary. No subscription required. Access the digital editions and archives here:

https://navynews.co.uk/digital-edition/archive?date=1506812400&selYear=2016

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. ginge94

ginge94 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi everyone,

Great to see other people in the same boat! I've got my NSRT next Wednesday so sounds like I'm a bit behind everyone else, going down the officer route also.

If anyone has some advice on the test or the officer questionnaire id be grateful (i.e. prep you did for test or how you structured your answers)

• Like Like x 1
  8. RedStag

RedStag New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    There is a great thread on here about it with lots of links to free practice tests, definitely give the mock tests on the RN website a go as they are taken direct from the test books.

I used the RNRT book suggested and found it to be exceptionally useful as far as providing lots of Qs of a similar style to the test.

Biggest take away is practice and practice under timed conditions! More than a few officer applicants on my test day were caught out by how fast 9 minutes can disappear with a few not even knowing what the required pass mark was -banghead-

9. JF1310

JF1310 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hows' it going lads?

I'm from Belfast applying to be a RM Officer. Just passed my SIFT (careers discussion) interview today! So any questions fire away and I will try to answer them as best I can. Here in Belfast we do things slightly differently to the mainland so if there's any specific questions anyone would like to ask, don't hesitate!

Hoping to be in the YO September 2018 batch.

10. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    Good luck this year lads, the current batch are looking forward to meeting some of you down here when you come for your POCs.

@Ninja_Stoker do you know when they are this year? We've only seen one so far and we were on Ex during it, so couldn't hang around to answer questions. If you know any of the dates could you post them on here so that we could figure out if we are around for them?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. jmttraining

jmttraining New Member

App Stage:
    Alright lads,

Also eager to find out the POC dates for the YO18 batch. Hoping to get it all completed closer to selection this year, ended up with a 6 month wait for FSB after my AIB pass last time which was as expected, horrendous.

Good luck to anyone starting the process up for 2018, happy to answer any questions!

12. mactavish80

mactavish80 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

Hey mate,

How was the selection process for you? Anything you focused on which paid off, or anything that you wish you'd know before hand?

Just out of interest, were you a graduate or straight out of college? And had you had any experience in cadets/UOTC/work?

13. Argo_V

Argo_V New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    From the Rum Ration AIB thread:

Has anyone heard about this?

@Ninja_Stoker?

14. NALEXB

NALEXB New Member

App Stage:
    So some general advice (apologies if it's vague);
    For me it took me two cracks at the whip to get onto batch, visiting HMS Sultan and AIB twice. In a nutshell I'd say both POC and AIB are a mental game, and as long as your approach them both as such you'll do fine. POC is about a high standard of fitness yes, but at a point it's more about who is willing to keep going despite the physical duress, rather than who is the absolute fittest. Everyone is hanging out, the most mentally tough will just endure it and laugh.

As for AIB, that is the toughie, but as long as you are reasoned and take a step back to think when faced with the problem rather than just blabbing the first thing that pops into your mind (as I did on my first AIB), you'll do well.

I am a graduate, and did my first POC/AIB in my last year of uni, passed both but didn't get selected, after which I went through AIB again the following year whilst working a civvie job.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Circuits21

Circuits21 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Passed my PJFT today! Careers discussion on the 10th Jan, anybody had one recently and caught out by anything??

16. mactavish80

mactavish80 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I had mine yesterday mate! Don't worry about it, they're not out to get you or anything, just make sure you have a broad knowledge on the roles, training, structure etc and you'll be good.

What was your PJFT time, if you don't mind me asking?

17. Circuits21

Circuits21 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    All go okay then? Congrats if so! 12:08 and 9:34 yesterday, not a treadmill runner me! Sit about 8:30-8:50 on roads. How's your phys going?

18. mactavish80

mactavish80 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Went fine mate cheers, when are you hoping for a POC? I know what you mean about treadmills though, horrible things to run on

19. Circuits21

Circuits21 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm hoping for a Feb/March POC. What about you? Training going well?

20. mactavish80

mactavish80 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Middle of March would be my ideal time. Trainings not too bad, what program you following?