Yoga ??

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey chaps.

I've been advised by a friend of mine, a marathon runner to get into Yoga. Since most of the stances and stretches provide unique muscle building to both sides of the body, it helps strengthen the body, and most importantly provide excellent posture for running.

I suffer from bad posture from doing computer work for the past 5 years. Im going to look into it, but so far from what I've read it seems to work good. Also teaching you how to regulate your breathing properly, which may prove really good while in training on those long runs and speed marches.

Just some food for though.

robj

Reaction score
yeah yoga is supposed to be amazing for posture and your muscles will become really supple therefore reducing the risk of injury etc.
pilates is probably better for actual strength building as it concentrates more on the physical side of things rather than the 'spiritual' side or whatever like yoga does, either one will give you benefits though

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Yoga definately helps lads and its a most effective way of using strecthes to help tired muscles but also strengthen them at the same time.
Even if your only doing one 45/60min session a week, after a few weeks you'll notice the difference!