YOMP Section

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure if this is the correct place to request this but can we have a new section for discussions about the YOMP?

It's just that i'm quite a noob when it's comes to yomping (i'm sure i'm not the only one!) and have a lot of questions regarding food/clothing/sleeping arrangements/map reading etc and it would be a lot better if we could have different theads about it rather than just the one in jollies bar.

thanks guys,

Marco

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
talking of which if you guys are walking a long distance with loads on your back get your bergens fitted, if you don't know how to do it yourself, otherwise you're *text deleted* be in a lot of pain. the majority of the weight should be carried on the hips not the shoulders, any decent outdoorssop will sort it out for you.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
AGREED PLLLLLEASEE GREYWING?!?!?!!?

with sections like :

MAP READING
SHELTER BUILDING
KIT
FOOTWEAR/CLOTHING
FOOD
BASIC FC

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys I'll need to have a word with Ninja, it's OK with me but if something goes wrong on this, I need to know if chaps that work for the RN/RM will get in trouble from on top.

If it comes to it, I'll figure something else out but got to check this first.

Hope you guys understand,

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
OOooooo im excited our on section on the forum for our yomp :laugh:... Good idea mate!, Really cant wait for this yomp now as marco said before to me all he is thinking about at the moment is this yomp!, Going to be quality!.

Sam

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
RE: New section.

It would be great to have one, as it would mean all the things are not lost in the main thread, now approaching 50 pages.

However, even if it is only a Sub-section from the Jollies, it would be good. We do not need sections for Map reading etc, like Blocky said. Just one temporary sectionm until late August. After that time, it will go back down to a single thread with all the photos.

As for the 'people above you' getting into trouble. I have written up a quick paragraph which everyone should have read and understood. Explaining that www.prmc.co.uk has nothing to do with the trip etc, that everyone is liable for their own wrong doings.

I will copy and paste it into this thread, so you, GreyWing, can edit it as neccasary and use it as a Disclaimer in the new section.

Ross.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
By agreeing to come on the trip, you assume all responsibility to yourself, you agree that no other person(s) on the trip is liable for any wrong doings / actions committed by yourself. Any injuries sustained, valuables lost or damaged, are entirely your own fault.

PRMC.co.uk and anyone associated, take no responsibly for your welfare, possessions and/or valuable goods. PRMC.co.uk are in no way associated with the trip, the forum is only a 'middle man' for planning.

WrapJuice

Reaction score
Alright chaps, i hope they are ok with making us our own section but if not i happen to have a dab hand in building websites... http://www.marcobaldanza.com so if the administrators of this site can't do it i have a backup plan to make our own one. obviously ideally we can have a subsection on jollies bar though.

WrapJuice

Reaction score
thank you for make our section! it's wicked!