Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

You know you are a PMRC/POC when. . . . .

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by JMC, Feb 8, 2012.

1. JMC

JMC New Member

You know you are a PRM/PO when. . . . .

Lets see if people come up with any good ones. . . .:

"When the first thing you type in your browser changes from 'faceb. . ' to 'prmc. . '!"

"When you are in the gym and people ask you 'why do you hardly ever use weights'?"

"When you have seen every bit of RM footage or documentary on the entire internet. . . . . at least twice!"

• Like Like x 3
  2. MacheteMeetsBiscuit

MacheteMeetsBiscuit Member

All of your suggestions, plus:

When a mate asks if you're still joining the army and your blood boils...

When your biology teacher uses the word 'marine' and you start daydreaming and/or using this forum on your phone under the table.

When everyone you know regards you as the absolute tank of your group! jokes jokes... :amuse:

• Like Like x 1
  3. jm745

jm745 Loafing Member

"When you use phrases like crack on, hanging and good effort".

"When you remember your girlfriend's Birthday by remembering it's 10 days before the day the Marines were formed" (Don't worry she's not almost 350!).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Garethr123

Garethr123 Member

When your shift work partner says "Do you talk about anything else"

5. LJohnson

LJohnson New Member

When you meet new people, Joining the Royal Marines seems to always flow into the general chit chat

6. Titch_SA

Titch_SA Member

When at least 10% of your 'friends' on facebook are people you've never actually met, but always talk to about the marines.

7. MacheteMeetsBiscuit

When you've checked that there's no new posts so you click out of the forum and stare blankly at Google for 30 seconds, wondering what else there is to do on the internet (no dirty suggestions lads, there's family in the room)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Titch_SA

Titch_SA Member

I totally do this all the time.:sad:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anthony_H

Anthony_H Member

When you check the forum and there's nothing, and have to start threads like this to get your fix :laugh:

10. Ross154

Ross154 New Member

You know you're a potential RM when...
    You apply to join the RM. No? Am I missing the point? :eek:h:

Love the one about checking for new posts, finding none, so start racking your brains for something else to do on the internet :laugh:

Ok, you know you're a potential RM when you try to type the word "command" for whatever reason but automatically stick an "o" on the end.

11. Anthony_H

Anthony_H Member

When you get all giddy because there's a new documentary on. Or when you spot Royal Marine on tv in somthing, you make everyone else around know.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jburns

jburns New Member

When you feel guilty for having a day off the phys to rest.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Coco

Coco New Member

You know you're a prmc when...

you don't mind when your asked to bring the hundred bags of shopping in from the car as it's a little bit of extra phys

you find yourself almost starstruck when you shake hands with a bootneck

• Like Like x 2
  14. RossH

RossH New Member

Haha, i know this scenario very well!

15. Anthony_H

Anthony_H Member

Worked with a guy last year who had just left the Rm after like years. EX sniper and had worked with sfsg. I was like this with him, a very nice chap. Been places, seen things, wasn't affraid to tell anything about the horrors of war. But one very moddest bloke, I had massive amounts of respect. He new why, but everyone thought I was little wierd as to way this guy was as I put one it one of my idols haha. Outsiders just dont get it.

16. Macca

Macca Active Member

Wait until you bump into someone wearing the SBS cap badge/beret at CTC, never seen so many men excited over another man

• Like Like x 1
  17. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Should of seen me when I met Andy McNab, I think I dribbled on his leg!!

18. Connor!

Connor! New Member

Where was that mate? What was he like?

19. westy

westy Well-Known Member

He was at the national army museum last year mate!! Fantastic speaker, was speaking about the way forward in Afghanistan. He works with the government as an advisor etc.

He's a jack the lad, gobby south Londoner haha, still built like a unit though!!

20. MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Yeah met him at my old school, he was doing his general life talk to 'encourage reading' and all that. Really nice guy and even though a lot of people chat *text deleted**text deleted* about him, the fact is he was an SF Sergeant within 7 years of being 'badged' and holds DCM and MM. Not exactly the "fake" some people claim!