your 3 mile runs.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hey lads,

i see a lot of you have 3 mile times up on your signiture which is the fastest you can do a 3 miler in..

i just need to say and make sure you know that you have to train to do the 3 miler in the right way... which is 1.5 miles in 12:30 and then 1.5 miles in 10:30 or under.

only saying this for those who may not have realised.. i dont want to seem like im stating the obvious but i just wanted to make sure everyone is training properly *text deleted*.

S

Sotiris

Hehe except that the new regs state you have to do 1.5 miles in under 10.00 bud.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Hehe except that the new regs state you have to do 1.5 miles in under 10.00 bud.

Thought that was just for a 1.5 miler on it's own,
I thought the 3 miler was conducted how ZZ said.

Joe

TommyK

Reaction score
Thought that was just for a 1.5 miler on it's own,
I thought the 3 miler was conducted how ZZ said.

Joe

That's what I thought, and was sort of relying on *text deleted* as my 3 miler times aren't too consistent at the moment

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought, and was sort of relying on *text deleted* as my 3 miler times aren't too consistent at the moment

Yeah I'm struggling to get the second mile and a half under 11 minutes.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that, a 3 miler is a 3 miler.

If you can do it in a decent time(under 20 mins) you don't need to worry about those times.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that, a 3 miler is a 3 miler.

If you can do it in a decent time(under 20 mins) you don't need to worry about those times.

Well if you can do a 3 miler in under 20 minutes then you don't have to worry,
as 12:30 then 10:30 is piss easy if you can do that,
but as I'm doing 3 miles in over 23 minutes it helps to think about those times when reducing the time it takes me.

Joe

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You guys sure about this?
Sounds rather odd that they would take 30 seconds off the 3 miler time when they currently have a large number of candidates failing this when given 10 minutes 30 seconds...

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

no its 10:30 for the run back. its recently changed, so i doubt they are going to change it then think.. actually we will change it back, about a few months later *text deleted*.

and refering to what baker said, ok if you can do a 3 mile run in under 20 mins you have a pretty good chance, but its much better to train for 1.5 in 12:30 first, because someone may be used to going for it for the first 2 miles at like a 6 - 7min mile pace which gives them an opertunity to slow down. but the reality is on the prmc you run at a steady pace after a warm up and then go all out (as you will know). it can be all well and good someone being able to run 2 miles in 14mins straight off, but they need to be able to run 1.5 in under 10:30 after a warm up and a 1.5 in 12:30