Your last session/workout!

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
AM
Pull ups
7,7,7 with 10kg vest
Finished with biceps and grip work
Was going to do press ups and core in this same session this morning but I felt super heavy on the pull ups and just generally like a bag of *text deleted* during this and psyched myself out so decided I’d regroup and continue it tonight

LilInac

Reaction score
@LilInac like you say, ice and stretching but from personal experience a good pair of compression socks worked wonders for me when I had shin splints so worth a try, can get them off amazon for cheap
Cheers will try and get them asap, shins feel alright now but iffy not sure if I should run tmoro or leave it till Sunday and see going to ice it a few times today ! Cheers

Griff149

Reaction score
@LilInac like you say, ice and stretching but from personal experience a good pair of compression socks worked wonders for me when I had shin splints so worth a try, can get them off amazon for cheap
Interesting shout on the socks. Have just ordered a pair off amazon!

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@Griff149 worked wonders for me mate and I still wear them after running now, don’t do any harm at least

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
PM
Took myself off for a 20 mile bike ride to get my head together then came home and smashed out about 400 odd press ups and a good chunk of core work

Roo_

Reaction score
Afternoon= Circuit and Gym
Sets = 3
  • Burpees = 20 reps
  • Sit - ups = 30 reps
  • Press - ups = 20 reps
  • Plank = 1 minute
Shoulder session
  • Military Press and Twist = 35 kg, 5x5 reps
  • Bent Over Rear Deltoid Raise = 35 kg, 8x4 reps
  • Lateral Raises = 12.5 kg, 12x4 reps
  • Front Raises = 12.5 kg, 15x4 reps
  • Upright Row 17.5 kg, 10x2 reps
Evening = 3 mile run
Warm up = 12:09
Run = 9:29/ pace (min/mil) = 6:18 - Not too bad considering I was working all morning and had little energy.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Morning: 5 mile fartlek run.

Evening: VPJFT+ Circuit.

Finished the VPJFT+ but was actually quite surprised at how difficult it gets once you're in the last set. The way it really targets the core and gives no rest if you follow the audio, it cuts out all those little 2 second breathers you allow yourself when normally doing a circuit and your abs and obliques start burning. Even though I'm now hitting max scores on press-ups and sit-ups to the bleep, and do quite a bit of Plank in my phys, by the end of this circuit I was really squeezing for reps/time respectively. Now going to start doing it as a warm-up for every strength session until hopefully it becomes habit. Also going to start doing it twice back to back so 'on the day' it's no drama.

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
AM
12 mile cross country run with some big old hills made for a sweaty session in the 20 degrees of northern heat, also got 3rd place on a strava segment I’ve been eyeing up so happy with that but the KOM is definitely within reach!

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mock BFT
1.5 : 12.01
1.5 : 9.26
Happy with that on heavy legs and a bit of a headwind

Lockerz2112

Reaction score
Afternoon
Relatively hilly 10 mile hike with 10kg vest + small backpack with water, extra layers etc. On

Evening
Warm Up + 10 Burpees Buy in
10 x Rounds of
2 Pull Ups
10 Press Ups
20 Squats

10 Burpees Buy out

3x 1 min Plank

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Steady 5 miles to stretch the legs followed by set of 60 press ups to bleep then 5 sets of 40

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
AM:
VPJFT+ Circuit
5x 6 OHP @40kg
5x 10 BO Row @40kg
5x 12 Decline Press Ups
5x 10 Pull Ups
5x 15 Squats @40kg

PM:
Deck of Cards
- Bastards
- Sweepers (holding 20kg sandbag)
- Sandbag Lunges (per leg)
- Sandbag Thrusters

cobb

Reaction score
Failed my vPjft+ (The trial one) 2 Weeks ago struggled on my core strength ! so I’ve adjusted arnys plan to train for new targets.

Monday AM 10xHills PM ???
Tuesday AM 6.0 Steady. PM Gym
Wednesday
Thursday AM 6.0 Steady. PM Gym
Friday AM 1xBFT. PM ???
Saturday. AM 6.0 Steady. PM Gym
Sunday

gym
mock test Vpjft then move onto individual exercises
— 10kg vest —
Pull up 3xFail
Bench Dips 3xFail
Burpees 3xFail
Sit up 3xFail
Press up 3xFail
Plank 3xFail
—-Regression—-
Pull ups 3xFail
Bench dips 3xFail
Burpees 3xFail
Half sits 3xFail
Knee rested press up 3xFail
Knee rested Plank 3xFail

•Free sessions are sessions I haven’t planned as don’t want to over train the Bodyweight movements.

•I’m starting this plan this week any recommendations or tips would be great .

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Failed my vPjft+ (The trial one) 2 Weeks ago struggled on my core strength ! so I’ve adjusted arnys plan to train for new targets.

Monday AM 10xHills PM ???
Tuesday AM 6.0 Steady. PM Gym
Wednesday
Thursday AM 6.0 Steady. PM Gym
Friday AM 1xBFT. PM ???
Saturday. AM 6.0 Steady. PM Gym
Sunday

gym
mock test Vpjft then move onto individual exercises
— 10kg vest —
Pull up 3xFail
Bench Dips 3xFail
Burpees 3xFail
Sit up 3xFail
Press up 3xFail
Plank 3xFail
—-Regression—-
Pull ups 3xFail
Bench dips 3xFail
Burpees 3xFail
Half sits 3xFail
Knee rested press up 3xFail
Knee rested Plank 3xFail

•Free sessions are sessions I haven’t planned as don’t want to over train the Bodyweight movements.

•I’m starting this plan this week any recommendations or tips would be great .
Suggestion: don't always train to failure. There is a huuuuge wealth of research out there that suggests training to failure is harmful, has a big effect on your central nervous system and can slow down the rate of progress.

Obviously for our goals we need to test ourselves to failure once every week or so and once in RT it's out of our hands (I don't remember many times as a nod the first time round that circuits or IMF took us to absolute failure though, unless lads were genuinely behind the curve) but up to that point you will gain more from training to near-failure. That normally means stopping 1 or 2 reps before you feel that you'd fail.

For example in my strength session today, I didn't manage to do the whole thing with the weights I planned. So when I knew I was on my last 'good' rep I stopped and lowered the weight, in the end managing to get more volume done than planned in the session too.

By all means do a failure session once per week but you'll benefit more from not doing it any more than that.

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mock vPJFT+ circuit - feeling good but just got a message on the application portal saying that my app has been put on hold so need to get onto careers adviser first thing tomorrow about thato_O
Finished with more press ups, core work and shoulders

KingDom

Reaction score
Mock vPJFT+ circuit - feeling good but just got a message on the application portal saying that my app has been put on hold so need to get onto careers adviser first thing tomorrow about thato_O
Finished with more press ups, core work and shoulders
Sorry to hear that mate. What stage are you at.

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@KingDom i was waiting for a date to retake PRMC (Failed 1st attempt in January) but obviously that would now be a date for a vPJFT+ so unsure as to why I’ve been put on hold, hoping it’s nothing serious