Your last session/workout!

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hilly 4.5 miles picking up the pace going up the hills followed 10 land of nod hill sprints and a mile back

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Went out for my 10 miler and felt good so decided to run my first ever Half Marathon.

01:48:30.

Not sure if that's a decent time or not but nice little achievement and might allow myself my first takeaway in 6 months tonight, maybe pizza haha

Aerial

Reaction score
Went out for my 10 miler and felt good so decided to run my first ever Half Marathon.

01:48:30.

Not sure if that's a decent time or not but nice little achievement and might allow myself my first takeaway in 6 months tonight, maybe pizza haha
That's a very decent time - I think normally anything under two hours is seen as pretty good and you're comfortably below that. You've earned that pizza!

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That's a very decent time - I think normally anything under two hours is seen as pretty good and you're comfortably below that. You've earned that pizza!
Decided against it in the name of good clean scran to refeed after an RM mate currently preparing for selection messaged me to plan a thr*shing together tomorrow (at a social distance of course). Should be fun to see what he has in store.

stoic_phys

Reaction score
Anyone got any good circuits which are low impact on the knees (currently injured) Cheers.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone got any good circuits which are low impact on the knees (currently injured) Cheers.
20 down to 1:
- Press Ups (or swap for any upper body)
- Sweepers

For the sweepers if you don't have a barbell or sandbag you can just hold a broomstick or something to make sure your arms stay fully extended. Obviously with weight it engages the chest more.

You might also find doing bodyweight squats helps your knees. "Motion is lotion and if you don't use it you'll lose it" as they say. Some physios will add air squats into a program for knee rehabilitation.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
20 down to 1:
- Press Ups (or swap for any upper body)
- Sweepers

For the sweepers if you don't have a barbell or sandbag you can just hold a broomstick or something to make sure your arms stay fully extended. Obviously with weight it engages the chest more.

You might also find doing bodyweight squats helps your knees. "Motion is lotion and if you don't use it you'll lose it" as they say. Some physios will add air squats into a program for knee rehabilitation.
20 down to 1 is that what I think it is?

20 pressups
19 pressups
18 pressups

and so on?

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
@Mattys bit of road, but of single track, 'extra phys' round some local ish trails then same again back
ohh nice one wasn’t sure if you was doing it down the side of cliffs or countryside!

There’s a lot of coastal paths where I am which are pretty good but at the same time you get a lot of tourists who just seem to stop and talk 95% of the time!

What sort of bike you use?

LilInac

Reaction score
Last week hurt my shin stopped it since running wise but walked 5km fine only until I ran jus to test it out got that pain so rested it from Friday to Wednesday(yesterday)
Hill sprints Yesterday
3km in total 10 sprints 22.15. Felt arlight but ankle felt iffy till about the 5th run up the hill the pained eased a bit, and it felt alright not perfect and before I stretched for a Peroneal tendonitis after looking up it felt that was the pain, stretches were okay before and after iced it yesterday and today. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able for the 3 miler. Just annoying getting setbacks I was considering new pair of runners but the ones where all okay till a while back! Just have to see