Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Your last session/workout!

Discussion in 'Training Plans and Diet Suggestions' started by m2013, Feb 13, 2014.

1. thirdtry

thirdtry Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Run day today, weather is glorious so might head out for 10 miles or so, but equally happy to do 6
    For sure, thanks for responding. Once upon a time I also did the Level 3 PT and Level 4 "Super PT" quals but have never used them (was funded by gym owner because he got some sort of grant from the government), so have a good awareness of how the body works too, but it's been maybe 8 years now and the knowledge fade is considerable!

I opted in the end for a reduced week but one where certain sessions or days remain hard. I've stepped back my running from ~30 miles per week to just 3 runs this week. Did an 8 miler at easy pace Monday, a 5 mile easy pace today and Friday will be 6-8 easy miles too. However, I chose to keep the volume high on strength & conditioning. Yesterday did 3 separate sessions (a bodyweight circuit, a weights session, and a quick HIIT power session) staggered through the day. Tomorrow will be a weights session in the AM and a bodyweight circuit in the PM.

All in all, feeling fresh and it's a welcome change. Should be back onto high mileage, sprints sessions etc again next week.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Press ups to beep
    60/54/41
    5 sets DB floor press 30kg
    TRX extension SSet banded tricep pushdowns both done to failure x 4

3. stoic_phys

stoic_phys Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    AM: 2 mile run, knee feels better although getting shin pain/discomfort so *text deleted* have to be careful.

Core circuit.

PM: EMOM 10 Press Ups. 100 total. Press Ups def biggest weakness so would appreciate advice/tips.

4. thirdtry

thirdtry Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Chilled 45 mins of strength today.

Each pair done as a superset:

5x
    - 10 OHP @30kg
    - 10 Pull Ups

5x
    - 10 BO Row @35kg
    - 12 Decline Press Ups

5x
    - 20 Leg Raises holding a 20kg sandbag in the air
    - 20 Squats @30kg

Didn't do much leg work as DOMS from Tuesday's 3 sessions was still huge, so Saturday is going to be very leg and core heavy to make up for that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. User1234

User1234 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    12×400m rest 1:30
    6×200m rest 1:00
    4×100m rest 0:30
    Was holding 1:20ish for the 400's which is a 10sec pr since I last did the workout so happy with that

• Like Like x 1
  6. ALDL9RM

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    20 miles mountain biking last night and another 18 this morning, desperate to get back running but needed the rest for my shins

• Like Like x 1
  7. ALDL9RM

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    5 mile walk 10kg mainly to get some fresh air

• Like Like x 1
  8. Private_Ryan

Private_Ryan Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Did my actual vPJFT today! Passed and gassed!

• Like Like x 9
  9. LilInac

LilInac Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    WEDNESDAY
    10 hill sprints 3km in total 21.25min small improvement.
    TODAY
    4km only mainly due to pains I’ll get onto under but in total 21min.
    found out earlier this week about the flat feet and the big negative effect running wise one foot was more flatter then the other where all my problems injury wise where happening, so looked through and found my old custom made insoles but haven’t worn in a year or two, running on them is a pain for now getting skin burn on my feet got a bad blister today running had to walk the last km took my a good 10min to walk it ! Very sore but moisturized my feet today and will tomorrow, hoping this doesn’t go on I think if I remeber correctly the pain will go away when the feet get used to the insoles. Also bashing out the pushups 70 a day 5 day a week for now might up it soon, also doing 3 upper body sessions a week.
    My ankle pain have basically vanished since the insoles although not 100 percent yet but it’s a good sign, didn’t run last Sunday so to pain I’ll be trying Sunday hopefully if my feet feel ok! Still sore now as of tonight though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ALDL9RM

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    First run back after a week off to rest my shins
    Steady 5 miles with lots of hills 41:02
    Legs feel good which is reassuring! Can’t say the same for the weather though-vomit-

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattys

Mattys Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    New workout for this week.

‘Gone from the usual reps at 400m to doing 800m intervals instead so hopefully see some improvement on the running front.
    I’ve decided to lower the sets on press/sit-ups from 3x to 2x but increased the reps which is down to me thinking quality reps is better than slugging burning myself out ones so went from 3x 20 to 2x 25 but will improve this week by week depending on how that week goes.
    I’m not to concerned on sit-ups so for the time will just keep them the same as the pressups.

Decided to drop the negatives and add the resistance band pull-ups instead (black band) so I can work on the correct form and get my body used to it but have increased the dead hang times so hopefully they will help.

‘Have kept the bleep test at 3x level 6 for this week as I felt the 3rd set I last did I had to dig deep so will do one more week at that level.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. browner467

browner467 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    On March 25th these were my stats: press ups - 42, Sit ups - 47, Pull ups - 6

Yesterday I conducted my first run through of the vPJFT+ and hit every rep so hopefully that’s a sign of some improvement. Will retest my Press ups/Sit ups/ Pull ups on Sunday.

Today AM session I have hit some heavy compound movements followed by press ups, triceps dips and a 25min AMRAP finisher

• Like Like x 1
  13. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

One. More. Second. Off. -banghead-
    D6EFBCF2-448F-4DA8-A64B-66F7799E4A1C.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. ALDL9RM

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Rapid mate! That a return 1.5?

• Like Like x 1
  15. ALDL9RM

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Pull Ups
    15/11/11/10/13
    5s Negatives
    15/15/15
    DB single arm rows SSet Hammer curls 20kg x 3
    Biceps and 20 minute Ab circuit to finish

• Like Like x 2
  16. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

Yeah mate. Boiling! -vomit-

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Sweltering again today!!

I’m surprising myself a lot with my current running.
    I thought I’d overdone it by increasing it to much from 10x400m to 6x800m in just a week.
    Always seem to struggle when I start running for couple minutes but then I’m fine once I get going!! my calves started going tight around the last 600m but I had a look at the splits and overall I was doing the 1.5 mile in 12.53 and 12.58 I know this is terrible times and having 2 min rest in between the 800m but on was very happy with the 3 mile overall!
    I didn’t push out the effort just wanted to get the distance in before I work on pace but I’m starting to feel like I’m fitter than I give myself credit for!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Forearms are super weak now after doing those dead hangs for 30sec! It’s the combination of doing several that’s ruined me.
    Ended up making a 5 egg ham ,cheese mushroom omelette with a chocolate milkshake probably not the best stuff to have after being in the sun most the day sick as a dog now.

19. geraltofrivea

geraltofrivea Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    MURPH.
    1 Mile,
    100 Pull ups,
    200 Press ups,
    300 Squats,
    1 Mile Run.

killer.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

My favoured omelette ratio is two whole eggs (chicken, not gull) plus a separated egg yolk. Mix in ham according to taste.

• Like Like x 1