Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Your last session/workout!

Discussion in 'Training Plans and Diet Suggestions' started by m2013, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

De-load weeks can be a god send!

Once you get to a decent amount of mileage, consider staying at that mileage for a few weeks. Jack Daniels suggests increasing weekly mileage by the number of runs per week.

For instance, if you’re doing 30 miles per week, over 5 runs, do 30mpw for 3-4 weeks, take a de-load week of about 15-20 miles. After the de-load week go up to 35 mpw, then repeat.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mattys

Mattys Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    What another hot day today sweating in places I didn’t know I could!

Really surprising myself again completed 3x 1600m 5 min rest each set but didn’t stop on any of the laps wasn’t tired or anything and could have easily just carried on but better to be safe than sorry!
    I was just trying to see if I could get the distance in without stopping so kept a slow pace but didn’t stop.

1.1600m - 9.47
    2.1600m-10.26
    3.1600m-10.31

Terrible times but happy I can keep increasing it every week and having no issues breathing or physically.

I’ve got one more of this workout Friday then next week I’m going to change it to 2x 2400m (1.5mile each) and if that goes as well as I think it will ill start working on 1.5 mile times and increasing the tempo.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah maybe toning it down a bit until there healed properly is a better approach that over doing it to quick.
    Do you think doing 3x 3 mile runs per week is good if your suffering a lot with shin splints even if on the softer ground as that seems quite a bit to run or it’s just me *text deleted*?

4. Smurfy0103

Smurfy0103 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Having what seems like an off day today...

2.3mi steady jog this morning to get the week going. Was intended for yesterday but didn't want to compete with the heat.

Went to set a new benchmark for this week off VPJFT test this evening and absolutely flaked mid way way through second set which was damn annoying. Think I've been thinking about what I'd be getting today too much through the day, then my mind got the better of me mid way through thinking I was going backwards haha.

Need to also improve my core. Seems to be my achilles on the sit ups...

Good nights kip and try again tomorrow

5. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

Evening long run.

12.03 miles, 1:30:50, 7:33/mile
    9FEA9EE0-E06C-45D7-B7A1-3BE5DF10D9B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  6. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    6 miler this morning

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Feel like I’m getting stronger when it comes to pressups noticing the stages I would previously start to burn I’m getting past that at later points now which is always good to see.

Resistance band pullups I think I’m *text deleted* have to use the next one up to assist more which I think is 100-120lbs.
    I am currently using the 70-100lbs but I feel after doing 1 set of 4 my form goes out the window and I’m really struggling then and seem to be mainly using the arms to pull me up as apposed to my back!.
    I really need to focus on just bashing out 20/25 every other day even if the assistance is a lot to get my form and body used to the motion rather than really struggling and not having no form at all once it starts getting tough.
    Even in my younger days I never did pullups at all so it really is something I’m not used to and with the extra weight I’m carrying also doesn’t help so once I can do them regularly with a band comfortable then ill drop the assistance.
    Will take time but I will get there as everything else is just not these.

8. thirdtry

thirdtry Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    1.5 miler this morning - 3rd week now that I've got the exact same time. Happy enough because it's under 08:55 but annoyed that it isn't getting faster.

Doing a Murph with 20kg Sandbag on the Squats this evening.

• Like Like x 2
  9. komsic27

komsic27 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I see what you’re saying. Last season I had two injuries that stopped me from training for a month at a time and I always knew I should stop but I thought I was just being too soft. Now I’ve heard you two actually say what I knew I should be doing I’ll pack it in now and just focus on what I can control. Both times I was injured it was someone fouling me and out of my control, cheers.

Also how would you advise training for the vPJFT? Do you recon doing 4 rounds 3-4 times a week would help?

10. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That’s the issues really and playing local football where you have boys who just set out to hurt you or *text deleted* fight is not really worth it and you get blokes that are 20 stone who would rather just snap you then let you get the ball or go past them.
    It’s one of those things you play football and you pull something or get crunched and you can’t go do your bft or pjft because of that then that should be the signs there for you really as much as it’s a terrible position to be in as I loved those saturdays just play local football although we were terrible and there was probably 3/4 that can actually play for the longer than 20 minutes before going off having a beer and a fag.
    By all means you can still train and stuff as that’s a great workout and all those short bursts wether it be shuttle runs , sprints or laps etc that will all cross over to your bft and bleep test and all the other fancy stuff you do at training but just stop when it comes to ball work/mini matches etc.
    I would say become a goalie in training but then again I’ve also seen a few arm breaks and goal keepers get knocked out from trying to catch the ball so I’d give that a miss to! *text deleted*

In all honest I’m not the one to give you advise on that as I haven’t done it but if you have a look on here a few people have done it and said they were asked to do a 4th set so that would be good for you to maybe do 3 sets twice a week and 4 sets once or week or depending how you feel doing them every other day with recovery etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @komsic27

It only takes a split second before it’s to late listen to that noise at 1.37!

• Like Like x 1
  12. komsic27

komsic27 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Haha sounds like our team half of them are over weight but it’s a good crack. That sounds bad Jesus that’s the sort of thing I was always worries about happening but the gaffer would say stop being a pussy. I’ve just rang up and told them I’m not playing I’m going to go to pre season training for fitness but that’s about it. Cheers for that :)

13. Smurfy0103

Smurfy0103 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Steady 6k run tonight - feeling fresh.

Splits below - getting there slowly.

Fintan circuit tomorrow... Can't wait

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah I’d rather watch a Sunday league match than any professional game that’s for sure so much more entertaining!
    I think it’s the same with any local team you see a challenge coming and pull out your instantly getting ridiculed for being a sh.it house! When that happens I always say I don’t get paid is a hobby and I don’t *text deleted* lose my job and be in a cast for 3 months!
    That’s no worries good luck!

15. ALDL9RM

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    25 mile mountain biking

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just finished bleep test and fintan session.

Completed 2x level 7 so very chuffed with that and starting to feel a lot lighter on my feet but obviously later in the session walking like John Wayne.

I was meant to do 2x sets of fintan but only did 1 set once I finished the bleep test I wasn’t hurt or tired or anything but I just thought I’ve upped it a lot lately and didn’t *text deleted* overdo it on the sprints when I’m still carrying extra weight but today is mainly about progressing with the bleep test more than anything.

My mind set has changed a lot lately as usually I cycle to the field I train on then just relax cycle back which is around 1.3 mile from where i live but lately ive just started walking there then slow jog back which is a good feeling things are coming along nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ALDL9RM

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    AM
    20 min AMRAP
    1 bastard 1 jump lunge each leg 2 bastard 2 jump lunges 3 bastard 3 jump lunges and so on
    PM
    15 mile bike ride
    vPJFT circuit and core workout

18. thirdtry

thirdtry Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    This morning did:

2km Run

30 Minute AMRAP
    - 5 Pull Ups
    - 10 Leg Raises (20kg sandbag extended overhead)
    - 15 Press Ups
    - 20 Squats @20kg sandbag

2km Run
    ---

And just now did a 10k. Annoyed that it could have been a PB but I didn't realise how good i felt until about 2 miles in! First 2 miles were steady 8 min miles then the last 4.2 miles were at 06:25 mile pace and felt I had more to give by the end -banghead-

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Was meant to be a rest day today ended up doing an 8 mile cycle was very cool today so wasn’t to bad.

A question regarding sweating in the gym at prmc.

I’ve noticed now since i have upped the tempo on the bleep test and running as a whole I’m obviously sweating a ton more! And this is outside so got me thinking what happens inside the hall say after the bleep test and stuff when the sweat is dripping off you are you aloud to wipe this?
    I obviously wipe it as I’m running when I can and when I stop I use my towel to wipe down but when your not aloud to figit what is the situation with this?

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  20. ALDL9RM

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    When I was on PRMC it was 1 person fidget and you all get extra phys, so if you want to get popular with the lads then I wouldn’t move a muscle! Something my dad (Ex Army) always remembers being told in drill was to only move if you’re going to sneeze or die:D

• Like Like x 2