Your last session/workout!

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Saturday - 2 x Bleep Test. First one (done on grass which was a bad idea) 11.0 Second one (done on tarmac) 12.0
Sunday - 8 miler
Today - AM:Pull Ups
Mid day:1000 Strict Press Ups for time
PM: BFT and core
Starting the second week of Arnys plan (mostly just a couple of changes) and feeling good so far!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Saturday - 2 x Bleep Test. First one (done on grass which was a bad idea) 11.0 Second one (done on tarmac) 12.0
Sunday - 8 miler
Today - AM:Pull Ups
Mid day:1000 Strict Press Ups for time
PM: BFT and core
Starting the second week of Arnys plan (mostly just a couple of changes) and feeling good so far!
What’s the issues with doing it on the grass that’s what I do unless it’s very wet and makes it a bit harder??

1000 press-ups in one days gee that’s some doing i see people post 200 in a day and stuff! but 1000! I need to learn your routine.

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What’s the issues with doing it on the grass that’s what I do unless it’s very wet and makes it a bit harder??

1000 press-ups in one days gee that’s some doing i see people post 200 in a day and stuff! but 1000! I need to learn your routine.
It’s been raining loads up my way mate so I was sliding all over haha! After doing it the other day it felt mint (apart from the hellish DOMS) so thought I’d try it again!

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Probably just how slippy it is.

At CTC you usually do it in the gym but I have also done it once on the astro there. And in RMR we did it on gravel haha, so good to prepare on any hard surface really.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My week has gone out of kilter now I do 6 days on 2 days off phys... today is my last day of phys before a couple days of PS4 and chilling :cool:

Anyway, today:

30-25-20-15-10
- Press-Ups
- Sit-Ups
- Squats

Intuitive weights - no set plan but I'll aim to do about 45 mins Strength work with the sandbag and 40kg bar I have access to.

Aerial

Reaction score
I’ve decided to drop the weights ive been at 14 stone for 2 weeks and feel I need to work harder at being lighter rather than carrying extra weight still even if muscle it’s no good to have and milk will also be getting the boot as drinking 2 litre a day isn’t helping!
What is your diet and nutrition like mate? What do your meals and food throughout the day look like? If you get that side of things right then the weight should drop off easily.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It’s been raining loads up my way mate so I was sliding all over haha! After doing it the other day it felt mint (apart from the hellish DOMS) so thought I’d try it again!
Makes sense fella it’s been absolutely horrendous here also other than today which has been sunny!
I’ve only ever tried it on the grass wet/dry isn’t it any different (harder) would you say to do it on tarmac/sports hall?

Probably just how slippy it is.

At CTC you usually do it in the gym but I have also done it once on the astro there. And in RMR we did it on gravel haha, so good to prepare on any hard surface really.
Gravel that would have been fun in the later levels with someone kicking bits everywhere I expect!
Only reason I been doing it on grass is the impact least you have some give on grass but I’d say you get more grip on tarmac not that ive tried but will find out soon enough!

What is your diet and nutrition like mate? What do your meals and food throughout the day look like? If you get that side of things right then the weight should drop off easily.
Last 2 months I’ve been eating a lot of jacket potato , sweet potato fries , omolette , pasta bakes etc cut out everything junk wise and bread other than 1 day last weekend where I went mental on it!!
I drink a lot of milk! around 2 litre a day reason being for the bones as ive gone from doing no exercise for over a year to a lot of impact stuff so this is just to get the protein and calcium so relatively shred the weight and tone at the same time.
Can’t remember where I seen it on YouTube but some runner on there advised drinking milk all the time if your physically active is a great thing to do for the body (recovery) and to get stronger, ive always liked milk but over the past 2 months gone crazy for it!!

It’s the age and my body type aswell I’m only 5 foot 8 but since I was 25 I’ve been at least 15 stone other than at one point where I got down to 12 stone 7 for a previous medical in 2017 i just can’t maintain it if I go that low I’d honestly be ill!

I’m still at 95cm waist measurement so that will be the route ill be going for but because I’m constantly increasing my fitness workout I’ve *text deleted* be careful I don’t out on weight through muscle so will be cutting down the milk it’s just finding that balance that’s all.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Workout done today very sunny indeed! Take the rain and cold any day for sure.

Completed 2x 1.5mile runs was very difficult as I don’t have a watch yet and I can’t run with my phone so I put the phone at a point on the 400m where the stop lock was running and checked it quickly as I was running after completing 3/6 of the first 1.5mile.

3/6 laps done the time was 5.17!! I new I was shifting but never would have guessed that but I payed the price as I started to slow down on the 5/6 lap ended up coming in 12.47 so was happy with that.

The second 1.5 mile I didn’t check until I completed the 5/6 lap so had one lap to go it showed 11.48 I knew I wasn’t going to get under 13.00 and didn’t really want to just try sprint it out as that wasn’t the plan I came in at 13.27.

I’ve got so much more to give it was just difficult to know how fast I was running I couldn’t tell if it was 2.00 or 2.30 laps and it’s a big difference over the 6 laps if you get this wrong as you won’t be able to catch up if you leave it to long.

When my watch comes I’ll be able to track each lap as I’m running so will be much easier to work on my pace as a whole and progress from there!

Other than that was happy to get 12.47. Finished the workout off with 20x hill sprints with 5x squats and a 100m jog back around after each hill , them squats made a massive difference was starting to get fatigued a bit!

LilInac

Reaction score
TODAY
Said I’d try my best time at the 1.5miler since I didn’t do as much last week, managed in 11.55min which is an improvement of over a 1min about 4 weeks back and an improvement of nearly 5mins from the start of this year !

I checked my weight in at 236lbs at around 16% percent body fat to say I was shocked was an understatement I couldn’t believe I have gained weight even though I haven’t checked my weight in over a year I noticed though I have gained a lot more muscle due to training weights very hard the same time I started running so January. My BMI is 28.8 at the moment, I have scaled up now doing fast 5k walks everyday when not running. bit shocked of the weight I was around 210lbs this time last year, but noticed more muscle and since it’s heavier then fat I have been on a strict cutting cals since January too high protien med fat, low/med carbs.

Aerial

Reaction score
Last 2 months I’ve been eating a lot of jacket potato , sweet potato fries , omolette , pasta bakes etc cut out everything junk wise and bread other than 1 day last weekend where I went mental on it!!
I drink a lot of milk! around 2 litre a day reason being for the bones as ive gone from doing no exercise for over a year to a lot of impact stuff so this is just to get the protein and calcium so relatively shred the weight and tone at the same time.
Can’t remember where I seen it on YouTube but some runner on there advised drinking milk all the time if your physically active is a great thing to do for the body (recovery) and to get stronger, ive always liked milk but over the past 2 months gone crazy for it!!

It’s the age and my body type aswell I’m only 5 foot 8 but since I was 25 I’ve been at least 15 stone other than at one point where I got down to 12 stone 7 for a previous medical in 2017 i just can’t maintain it if I go that low I’d honestly be ill!

I’m still at 95cm waist measurement so that will be the route ill be going for but because I’m constantly increasing my fitness workout I’ve *text deleted* be careful I don’t out on weight through muscle so will be cutting down the milk it’s just finding that balance that’s all.
I'm 30, about 5 foot 9 and 12 stone with a fairly stocky build. Like me you'll probably never be a racing snake, but I am fairly confident you can get to around 12 stone without making yourself ill if you do it in a structured and planned way.

If you've had to starve and dehydrate yourself in the past to make weight then of course you will feel ill, but you can still get your weight down to that level again in a healthy way.

You don't need to be a bodybuilder and count your macros, but 2 litres of semi-skimmed milk is 900 calories. Also that looks like a very carb heavy diet even if you are avoiding bread.

What are you having with your jacket potato, omlette and pasta bake? Given that these are often had with cheese/mayo and you also say you eat a lot of sweet potato fries you are probably still taking on lots of calories you don't need.

If you cut out calories you don't need, then the weight will drop off. There's no secret trick to losing weight and it isn't a case of 'cut out bread and drink milk to lose weight', all it is is a simple calculation - consume fewer calories than you burn.

Keep it simple with lean protein sources (chicken/fish) with lots of vegetables, complex carbs for energy and things like nuts/avocado for fats. Know how many calories you're consuming and control portion sizes.

It might be boring, but you need to give yourself the best chance of success you can. I honestly think that right now your #1 priority shouldn't be improve your scores, it should be to lose weight.

I'm not trying to have a pop or anything - you're putting in a lot of graft with the phys and I want you to succeed, but it will all be for nothing if you don't drop the weight.

Harry McRunFast

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
‘Greasing the groove’ method seems to be working well.
Heads up there for anyone struggling!

Did 8 sets of press ups (sets of 30), and of pull ups (sets of 9) today.

AM workout:
4 sets press ups / pull ups
3x12 Australian pull ups

Remaining sets of press ups / pull ups throughout the day.

———

Steady evening run. Deload week this week, so this’ll be it for running until Friday.

8.18 miles, 1:01:03, 7:28/mile
8E595A1B-9D70-4259-98B9-84FC95F503A4.jpeg

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Makes sense fella it’s been absolutely horrendous here also other than today which has been sunny!
I’ve only ever tried it on the grass wet/dry isn’t it any different (harder) would you say to do it on tarmac/sports hall?
It’s definitely harder on wet grass as (in my experience) I spend more time, focus and energy on not stacking it rather than running, dry grass is no problem

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 30, about 5 foot 9 and 12 stone with a fairly stocky build. Like me you'll probably never be a racing snake, but I am fairly confident you can get to around 12 stone without making yourself ill if you do it in a structured and planned way.

If you've had to starve and dehydrate yourself in the past to make weight then of course you will feel ill, but you can still get your weight down to that level again in a healthy way.

You don't need to be a bodybuilder and count your macros, but 2 litres of semi-skimmed milk is 900 calories. Also that looks like a very carb heavy diet even if you are avoiding bread.

What are you having with your jacket potato, omlette and pasta bake? Given that these are often had with cheese/mayo and you also say you eat a lot of sweet potato fries you are probably still taking on lots of calories you don't need.

If you cut out calories you don't need, then the weight will drop off. There's no secret trick to losing weight and it isn't a case of 'cut out bread and drink milk to lose weight', all it is is a simple calculation - consume fewer calories than you burn.

Keep it simple with lean protein sources (chicken/fish) with lots of vegetables, complex carbs for energy and things like nuts/avocado for fats. Know how many calories you're consuming and control portion sizes.

It might be boring, but you need to give yourself the best chance of success you can. I honestly think that right now your #1 priority shouldn't be improve your scores, it should be to lose weight.

I'm not trying to have a pop or anything - you're putting in a lot of graft with the phys and I want you to succeed, but it will all be for nothing if you don't drop the weight.
You’ve *text deleted* ask yourself tho how long would it take someone like me to get to 12 stone with all the exercise im currently doing and without it effecting me physically as I’m 31 in 2 months. Ive already dropped 2 stone since March and I can near enough be passed medically on waist measurements.

Yeah it is a lot of milk but at the same time it’s because I was running at 16 stone at one point and it’s to make sure my bones don’t take the hit!
I eat a lot of meat mainly chicken but I don’t eat veg barely as I don’t like it carrots ,peas that’s it all the others I don’t like and I dont like sea food or nuts so not to easy *text deleted*.

Yeah I have cheese on the pasta bake and jacket potato usually with baked beans etc

I know what your saying but I’ve got the build of a rugby player so dropping to 12 stone would never happen and if it did on a healthy way it would take me a very long time which I don’t have because my age and the age barrier.

Im not fat at all really just got a bit of muscle and a biggest build to a degree but it’s difficult to do slot of workouts strength training,cardio daily and eat next to nothing without it effecting your overall performance.

Think there’s a reason at ctcrm they have what 3 meals a day!? And big portions also I may be wrong if that’s with breakfast or not

Griff149

Reaction score
You’ve *text deleted* ask yourself tho how long would it take someone like me to get to 12 stone with all the exercise im currently doing and without it effecting me physically as I’m 31 in 2 months. Ive already dropped 2 stone since March and I can near enough be passed medically on waist measurements.

Yeah it is a lot of milk but at the same time it’s because I was running at 16 stone at one point and it’s to make sure my bones don’t take the hit!
I eat a lot of meat mainly chicken but I don’t eat veg barely as I don’t like it carrots ,peas that’s it all the others I don’t like and I dont like sea food or nuts so not to easy *text deleted*.

Yeah I have cheese on the pasta bake and jacket potato usually with baked beans etc

I know what your saying but I’ve got the build of a rugby player so dropping to 12 stone would never happen and if it did on a healthy way it would take me a very long time which I don’t have because my age and the age barrier.

Im not fat at all really just got a bit of muscle and a biggest build to a degree but it’s difficult to do slot of workouts strength training,cardio daily and eat next to nothing without it effecting your overall performance.

Think there’s a reason at ctcrm they have what 3 meals a day!? And big portions also I may be wrong if that’s with breakfast or not
There are other great sources of calcium if you’re worried about your bones that are a bit less calorific. Kale is a good one and is also widely known as a “super food”, with anti-inflammatory effects.

You can cook it into various meals and it’s relatively tasteless if you’re not a big fan of veg. Not disagreeing with anything else you’ve said in your post but often “milk for strong bones” is more of a marketing ploy as opposed to something proven with reliable medical research.

Good luck either way mate!

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
4 meals a day mate! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and another meal at 9 o’clock:D

Smurfy0103

Reaction score
Yesterday
AM - Gainers (Pressups & Situps)
Bodyweight Core Exercises & KB Exercises

PM
Stretched out followed by;
Interval Session
1mi warmup
8x1min High Intensity(Garmin HR Zone 5) w/ 1 Min Steady Walk Between(HR Zone 1-2)
Cool Down Lap To Home
Stretch out again
Felt really good and smashed a few times.

Seem to have picked up a bit of an injury though - feels like i have overstretched my Peroneus Tendon which has utterly p*s$ed me off. Didn't happen during the run - it appeared about 10 mins after I did some cool down stretching.

Best let it rest and smash some bodyweight for next few days...

Griff149

Reaction score
5 Rounds:

6 Pull ups
30 sit ups
25 press ups
20 burpees
60s plank
20 24kg kettlebell swings
15 leg raises

Time: Slow and steady 55:30