Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Your last session/workout!

Discussion in 'Training Plans and Diet Suggestions' started by m2013, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Mattys

Mattys Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    ‘Cheers for that mate appreciate it I’ll have a look now!

On situps which I’ve recently only started doing past few weeks as I felt it wouldn’t be something on my weak point so didn’t add them in till later!
    I do my situps with my feet under dumbells which keep them locked down but have noticed these few weeks that I’m getting the burn in my quads more than anything when doing them is it’s something I’m not used to I expected the burn to be in the back or mainly ab area!?

2. thirdtry

thirdtry Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    If you're doing them right they should engage the abductors too, which is close ish to the quads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    thanks mate

Maybe it’s because I’m not doing reps of 50+ yet that’s it’s not targeting that area!

4. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

If you unfix your feet you’ll get more core engagement.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thirdtry

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    100%.

But the feet and knees together is for a purpose. RM style rope climbs are pretty much done with the knees so same muscle groups.

6. cobb

cobb Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    AM - Arnys gym session With amrap of
    20 5Kg dumbell Burpee thrusters
    30 Knee to elbow
    20 bench dips
    15 Kettlebell swings 16kg

PM - Football training 90 mins

Tomorrow rest day and Monday morning attempt at Mock vPJFT hope I hit required reps ! Last weeks numbers

burpees 20-20-20
    Sit ups 30-15-10
    Press up 20-15-10
    Plank 60-30-30

7. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah your right there when I do the situps on the fintan workout I feel it slot in my abs then as nothings holding my feet down!

On that note the 400m field I use has been getting cut a lot more as of late and the 400m lines are nearly gone!
    So I’ve been spending a lot more time placing cones down on those faded lines but one more cut won’t be anything there!
    So have decided on my day off tomorrow I’m going to screwfix getting a line marker can (spray paint) and doing a few lines on the bends!

8. thirdtry

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Just done an 11 miler. Set a PB for the route despite really not feeling it for most of the run... turns out I probably wasn't feeling as comfortable as usual because I was faster than usual! But good progress.

• Like Like x 2
  9. cobb

cobb Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Anyone got any recommendations for rug burn from sit ups ?? . Might use some Vaseline . Any help would be great

10. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    If I was you I would purchase a yoga mat there very comfy and can get difference thickness the more the comfier!
    There not expensive ive had mine for around 5 years and use it for planks , press/sit-ups , burpeees and would originally use it for doing the weights on.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8101640?clickSR=slp:term:yoga mat:2:31:1

11. smashlegs

smashlegs Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I do first the most part but sometimes I can end up breathing slower than the movement, for example during the press up test. Once I get to the later reps it’s hard not to breath fully out the mouth though, so I tend to let my breathing go then as it’s max effort.

12. smashlegs

smashlegs Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Where are you getting rug burn? I’m constantly doing sit ups on carpet and not once had this, only place I could imagine is your lower back? Pair of shorts sorts that right out.

13. thirdtry

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    T-shirt tucked in and it should sort it out.

14. smashlegs

smashlegs Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yesterday:
    Rest & 1hr Stretch

Today: (1:30 rest between sets)
    Press - 53, 27,27,27
    Sit - 85, 40,40,40
    Plank - 1:45 x4

Now 1hr stretching for the legs with some strengthening exercises

That’s a 3rep increase on my max press ups from Friday, and a 5rep increase from Thursday. Also upped the plank time by 15secs, so very happy!

15. LilInac

LilInac Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    First week with 4 runs ever, really happy have no problems at all. Just shows with stretching and taking it easier on leg weight lifting can decrease chances of injury’s went down a good bit for me,
    Monday 1.5miler
    Wednesday hill sprints 19min
    Friday 3miler 27.50min
    Today 4miles with sprints no idea on time forgot to check !
    Happy with my progress feeling easier on the hill sprints especially, so going to keep upping them 1 more every week I think.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That’s good new fella keep with it!

If your finding the hill sprints a bit easier maybe after each one do a leg workout? In my case I went from doing 5x hill sprints to 20x as was finding them a bit easier but now I do squats after each hill which of course has made the hills so much harder now!

• Like Like x 1
  17. LilInac

LilInac Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ohhh I like that *text deleted* try that tuesday ! (Secretly hate hill sprints ahah) still nowhere near The standard yet but getting there am a big fella at 230lbs have gotten a lot more strict and upped walking on days off from the runs!
    Gyms are back now and time I crack with the pull ups have my bands ready !!

18. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I know how you feel fella I was 226lbs (16 stone 1) in March I’m currently 196lbs (14 stone) now.
    It’s funny you say that I’m the opposite I actually enjoy hill sprints! Ha Your weight will fly off if you just keep working out and not eating junk food so keep with it!
    Ha yeah resistance bands are very handy! But I wouldn’t say just use the gym to use them purchase a pull-up for your door frame or if you can afford it get a pullup station for your garden think I payed around £40 odd for mine! Which I use the resistance bands on.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mattys

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Bit late doing the workout for this week!
    Was just looking over my 1st proper workout I posted on here 6 weeks ago when this training routine started and the fact I was only running 400m is shameful but has got me to this point now so had to start from somewhere!

I have thrown caution to the wind for this weeks plan and just going for it and have upped the mileage considerably.
    I have no idea how my body will cope with it and just going to see what happens and hopefully there is no issues so put a rest day in the middle rather than the end of the week.

Attached Files:

20. LilInac

LilInac Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Haha was fairly big my self near the 300lb but lost a lot over the year ish, never was a runner more of a rugby type build ! BMI is a bit high 28 but I’ve heard there is an exception but hopefully looking to lean down to 210lb at 6’4ish! But to be honest my running has been doing good bodyweight are a problem especially the pull ups might invest in the door frame sounds like a good idea I’ve looked at em before but the problem are the doors in my house are a bit small ! Am tempted to put it on a wall but the aul one wouldn't be happy !!
    If I’m going to the gym it’ll be twice a week so I could get in pull ups then but not sure it would be any good what do you think? Might have to go for the wall option I’m thinking now