Your last session/workout!

LilInac

Reaction score
I know how you feel fella I was 226lbs (16 stone 1) in March I’m currently 196lbs (14 stone) now.
It’s funny you say that I’m the opposite I actually enjoy hill sprints! Ha Your weight will fly off if you just keep working out and not eating junk food so keep with it!
Ha yeah resistance bands are very handy! But I wouldn’t say just use the gym to use them purchase a pull-up for your door frame or if you can afford it get a pullup station for your garden think I payed around £40 odd for mine! Which I use the resistance bands on.
Haha was fairly big my self near the 300lb but lost a lot over the year ish, never was a runner more of a rugby type build ! BMI is a bit high 28 but I’ve heard there is an exception but hopefully looking to lean down to 210lb at 6’4ish! But to be honest my running has been doing good bodyweight are a problem especially the pull ups might invest in the door frame sounds like a good idea I’ve looked at em before but the problem are the doors in my house are a bit small ! Am tempted to put it on a wall but the aul one wouldn't be happy !!
If I’m going to the gym it’ll be twice a week so I could get in pull ups then but not sure it would be any good what do you think? Might have to go for the wall option I’m thinking now

Reaction score
Was just looking over my 1st proper workout I posted on here 6 weeks ago when this training routine started and the fact I was only running 400m is shameful but has got me to this point now so had to start from somewhere!
Hit the nail on the head with yourself. You've absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. We all start where we start fitness-wise.

All you can do is get up, put one foot in front of the other and do something about it. Beating yourself up about it (or the past) won't get you any fitter!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Haha was fairly big my self near the 300lb but lost a lot over the year ish, never was a runner more of a rugby type build ! BMI is a bit high 28 but I’ve heard there is an exception but hopefully looking to lean down to 210lb at 6’4ish! But to be honest my running has been doing good bodyweight are a problem especially the pull ups might invest in the door frame sounds like a good idea I’ve looked at em before but the problem are the doors in my house are a bit small ! Am tempted to put it on a wall but the aul one wouldn't be happy !!
If I’m going to the gym it’ll be twice a week so I could get in pull ups then but not sure it would be any good what do you think? Might have to go for the wall option I’m thinking now
Absolute beast then! Haha
Yeah as long as *text deleted* waist is under 94cm which is the route I’m taking
I know how you feel being a heavy person makes any of the bodyweight exercises difficult but it’s good your running is coming along and hopefully the rest will soon follow as you drop the weight!
You will have to check the max weight for those door pull up frames as some of them have max weights in the 15 stone weight!!
Me personally if pullups you really struggle with you should get a station or as you said one that sticks to your wall as it’s something you want to work on frequently and if you can’t make it to the gym at least you have them at your house which is better!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head with yourself. You've absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. We all start where we start fitness-wise.

All you can do is get up, put one foot in front of the other and do something about it. Beating yourself up about it (or the past) won't get you any fitter!
Was just funny looking at the workouts from 6 weeks ago that’s where I thought shameful!
But yeah your right unless you put one foot in front of the other or go out your way to improve yourself nobody else is going to do it for you and the hard work has to come from yourself if you want to improve

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just completed 3 mile without stopping! I haven’t ran that far as in 1 run for at least 10 years and thought I got carried away by upping it to quick!

My goal was to get under 25.00 but I didn’t click until I was about to start that’s 12.30 1.5mile which most of mine have been around the 12.50 range! So just wanted to try and complete the run and not think of the time.
Managed to complete the run in 28.52.
My breathing was fine could easily talk normal wasn’t breathing heavy or anything but after around lap 8/12 my calves and shoulders started to get tight and seize up a bit very similar to what happened to me 6 weeks ago when I started off doing back to back 400m jogs so I believe it’s just the same issue not having that endurance or being used to running so hopefully in the next weeks these runs will seem like nothing again!

LilInac

Reaction score
Absolute beast then! Haha
Yeah as long as *text deleted* waist is under 94cm which is the route I’m taking
I know how you feel being a heavy person makes any of the bodyweight exercises difficult but it’s good your running is coming along and hopefully the rest will soon follow as you drop the weight!
You will have to check the max weight for those door pull up frames as some of them have max weights in the 15 stone weight!!
Me personally if pullups you really struggle with you should get a station or as you said one that sticks to your wall as it’s something you want to work on frequently and if you can’t make it to the gym at least you have them at your house which is better!
Ahah cheers, bodyweight excerises been an issue but workin on em slowly but surely ! Going to have a look into the wall mounts and see would be good invest like your saying I wouldn’t be surprised if they closed again in the future with all this virus sh*^e ahah!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
AM
5 rounds
20 burpees
10 pull ups
30 press ups
40 sit ups
Best effort plank
All done to bleep except plank
What sort of time length you getting on the best effort planks?
I just did 2x 90sec planks and my abs were proper pulling around the 80sec.

jaketyghoust

Reaction score
Am
2 mile steady warm up run
60s sprints x 12 with 60s walking in between each sprint.

Pm
- 3Rounds -
15 cleans
12 shoulder press
15 press ups
25 sit ups
5 pull ups

1 km assault bike

- 2 Rounds -
15 cleans
12 shoulder press
15 press ups
25 sit ups
5 pull ups

1km assault bike

- 1 Round -
15 cleans
12 shoulder press
15 press ups
25 sit ups
5 pull ups

1km assault bike

Reaction score
AM - 3 mile run (22:07)

PM - vPJFT(ish!) - (16 burpee, 25 sit, 16 press and 50 second plank) x 4

For circuits I'm training specific at the moment by just grinding away at doing more and more volume on the vPJFT circuit to beep.

Obviously all round fitness is important for Lympstone, but just trying to get the the vPJFT out the way and then will get back to all sorts of other exercises. Any advice or pointers to the contrary will be graciously received!

cobb

Reaction score
AM - Mock test VPJFT
Last week
burpees 20-20-20.
Sit up. 30-15-10.
Press up. 20-15-10.
Plank. 60-30-30.

This week
Burpees. 20-20-20
Sit up. 30-30-15
Press up. 20-20-10
Plank. 60-60-30

•Lil bit off improvement from last week on VPJFT so happy with it.
•I’m doing the sit ups indoors now on carpet to so hopefully no rug burn , cheers for reply’s.

PM - Steady 4.8K = 26:30 (Tight hamstring from football)

SnakeEyes

Reaction score
A year ago yesterday I went for my first run, I ran 1.10 miles, it took me 11:24, stopped 3 times, and threw up at the end.

What a difference a year makes!

Today’s run:

11.10 miles, 1:24:10, 7:35/mile
639096C4-E771-4281-901F-29983AC372FE.jpeg
Keep grafting lads!
Christ mate what an improvement... this gives me massive hopes for the future. Hopefully one day i can move my fat carcass (hopefully not so fat soon) like you can!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
A year ago yesterday I went for my first run, I ran 1.10 miles, it took me 11:24, stopped 3 times, and threw up at the end.

What a difference a year makes!

Today’s run:

11.10 miles, 1:24:10, 7:35/mile
639096C4-E771-4281-901F-29983AC372FE.jpeg
Keep grafting lads!
Fairplay fella that a great improvement.

Just shows that everybody starts from the bottom and with hard work and dedication they can achieve a lot in time.

Harry McRunFast

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully one day i can move my fat carcass (hopefully not so fat soon) like you can!
Just shows that everybody starts from the bottom and with hard work and dedication they can achieve a lot in time.
Yeah just keep putting one foot in front of the other and eventually you’ll reach your goals. Week by week it’ll get easier!

Keep it up lads!

Tractors

Reaction score
Managed 1 and 3/4 YO VPJFT today (7 sets) felt like my core was about to explode by the end of the incredibly long last minute!

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What sort of time length you getting on the best effort planks?
I just did 2x 90sec planks and my abs were proper pulling around the 80sec.
I wasn’t timing them but I’d guess about 90 secs - 2 mins?

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Did Bench and Arms this morning just for a bit of fun! Hill sprints tonight

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way you should be doing press-ups / sit-ups breathing wise? I know when you get out your comfort zone you cant control your breathing really but is there a way where you don’t cut yourself short when you do these?

Langa please?

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way you should be doing press-ups / sit-ups breathing wise? I know when you get out your comfort zone you cant control your breathing really but is there a way where you don’t cut yourself short when you do these?
Like you say, most people find your breathing will go out of whack when you get to the grind but the general advice seems to be breathe in on the down and out on the up.