Your last session/workout!

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@Mattys your sessions have improved tenfold on a few weeks ago!

Don't stress about 5 secs difference across 3 miles. It's negligible and could literally be the difference in where you cross a road or how wide you take a corner.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
@Mattys your sessions have improved tenfold on a few weeks ago!

Don't stress about 5 secs difference across 3 miles. It's negligible and could literally be the difference in where you cross a road or how wide you take a corner.

Yeah they sure have I think that’s just where putting in the effort comes in and hoping to see the rewards for it.

Ive always known I’ve had a great cardio based engine (always played football) and never drank or smoked it was just trying to do something new ive never done and just get used to doing longer runs regular as apposed to stop and go etc

After next week I will be testing myself just to see if I can manage a much faster pace and will start doing 4/5 miles soon its funny even thinking that when was doing 400m in May! *text deleted*
I’ll be half way to the realm of @Harry McRunFast

smashlegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers fella , Feel good hopefully I can pass a mock before the test Monday to give me that confidence but all I can do is train hard and give it my best on the day !

What are you struggling with *text deleted*?

cobb

Reaction score
What are you struggling with *text deleted*?
The press ups & plank mate especially that last set . done another mock today followed by Arnys gym session. I got the following

burpees 20-20-20
Sit up. 30-30-30
Press up. 20-20-15
Plank. 60-60-45

Reaction score
The press ups & plank mate especially that last set . done another mock today followed by Arnys gym session. I got the following

burpees 20-20-20
Sit up. 30-30-30
Press up. 20-20-15
Plank. 60-60-45

My careers advisor was pretty clear with me that you shouldn't ask to book on to a vPJFT+ until you were able to complete the test with ease. If you haven't already seen it, another person on here failed recently, so they are not just letting people scrape by.

Its your career in the end, but its worth thinking about if you're truly ready for the test in the short term. Nothing lost by waiting a few weeks and smashing it properly first time as I see it!

geraltofrivea

Reaction score
AM: 3k run

PM: For time -
10 Burpees
10 Burpees, 25 Push Ups
10 Burpees, 25 Push Ups, 50 Lunges
10 Burpees, 25 Push Ups, 50 Lunges, 100 Sit Ups
10 Burpees, 25 Push Ups, 50 Lunges, 100 Sit Ups, 150 Air Squats
10 Burpees, 25 Push Ups, 50 Lunges, 100 Sit Ups
10 Burpees, 25 Push Ups, 50 Lunges
10 Burpees, 25 Push Ups
10 Burpees

Circuit via @grizz_phys on Instagram

LilInac

Reaction score
TUESDAY
5km trying a slow pace run for a change instead of hill runs, 32mins a pace of 6:30 per km which is great I felt really good and feel I could really stick at that pace for another 2km/3km

FRIDAY
Fastest 5km ! 27.44min fairly happy about that about 6min improvement since February, would be more on flat ground

Bit lazy that weekend so will be doing 4 runs this week to make up for it

TODAY
5km tried to run at a slower but it’s a bit strange for me tempo wise I’ve only ever beeing doing my best managed 28:55 bit annoyed as I’m thinking I’ll be adding one long run as I know in the PRMC you could be doing up to 6miles, going to add a long run starting off at 5km adding 500meters every weekend. At a slower pace I normally managed around 5:20 in my 5kms so around the 6:30min mark for this run which will hopefully be my “long run” in a few weeks !

my push ups have been doing fairly good too I haven’t tested my max I might tonight for the fun.
Currently on gainers 11-10-10 but feel this is easy but sticking to it slowly as slow progress is better then fast then plateauing !

cobb

Reaction score
I totally agree mate I’ve got a another mock test tomoz and if I fail to hit correct numbers I will ask to delay.

Reaction score
AM: 1.5 mile swim open water.

PM: VPJFT+ prep
Burpees: 20,20,20
Sit ups: 30,30,30
Press ups: 20,20,20
Plank: 60,60,60
2.5 mile run: 17.5 mins

30 dumbbell snatch
10 burpees
20 snatch
10 burpees
10 snatch
10 burpees

woke up today rev regretting not warming up for the snatches!

Langa please?

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nice easy 4 miles today @ 8:00 min/mile

Was planning on a 3 mile tempo run but I was feeling quite tight in my hamstring, so decided to get some recovery miles in instead of pushing the pace.

Corona

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Following cavershams idea of targeting my core solely:

Sit ups 60 60 60 60
Oblique Sit Ups 55 55 55 55
Flutter Kicks 1.5 min 1.75 min 2 min 1.5 min
Cycle Crunches/sit ups where your legs raise to meet elbows 15 15 15 15
Finish with a 2 min plank

no rest between exercises, 30 secs-1 min rest between sets

Langa please?

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Following cavershams idea of targeting my core solely:

Sit ups 60 60 60 60
Oblique Sit Ups 55 55 55 55
Flutter Kicks 1.5 min 1.75 min 2 min 1.5 min
Cycle Crunches/sit ups where your legs raise to meet elbows 15 15 15 15
Finish with a 2 min plank

no rest between exercises, 30 secs-1 min rest between sets

That looks like it gives a nice burn!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
(70 reps split into 5x sets)
pressups & situps

5x2 res band pull ups (underarm)
7x1 res band pull ups (overhand)

(3x sets)
20x burpee
60s plank
10x squat
10x lunge

Been trying the underarm pullups to help the biceps so working the whole arm definstely neglected them!

Doing squats then lunge into burpees are brutal on the thighs!

WHATAMELT

Reaction score
3 Miles in 20 minutes, no stop.

My gym has reopened an outdoor area.
Bench press (safe to say I can’t bench 100kg anymore)

Followed by

Static bike - 500m intervals with 20 press ups in between x 10.

20 Sit ups to the bleep, with 20 weighted squats in between x 5.

45 Second Plank x 3

Finished with some curls for the girls, as I was feeling vain.

LilInac

Reaction score
Tried the pull ups with heavy band today at the gym it was a bit of a disaster but a learning curve I could manage 3sets x5reps form was terrible more like chin ups going to have a look later on today on YouTube about using the bands proper, and proper technique! Suppose it’s a starting point and I’m a heavy fella

smashlegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

burpees 20-20-20
Sit up. 30-30-30
Press up. 20-20-15
Plank. 60-60-45

I’m not sure what your weekly routine consists of but all I can say is do a PJFT mock then smash gainers with planks after, it’s been a good way for me too progress so I’m sure it’ll work with you just prior to your test

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Tried the pull ups with heavy band today at the gym it was a bit of a disaster but a learning curve I could manage 3sets x5reps form was terrible more like chin ups going to have a look later on today on YouTube about using the bands proper, and proper technique! Suppose it’s a starting point and I’m a heavy fella

Hey fella

What’s your heigh/weight?

I myself struggled alot with pullups as it’s something I’ve never done.
Your weight will make a massive difference to how well you improve!
I bought all the thickness bands not to long ago but I started doing dead hangs first.
You hang on the bar for say 10 seconds then jump down so something like this..

Hang 10sec , rest 30sec , repeat this 5 times every other day.

You need to have grip strength in your arms something I didn’t realise at the time! But I did this and worked up to 10x 60sec dead hangs which made a massive difference!.
Because your a heavy person like I was doing negatives will ask for an injury especially if you can’t hold your body weight so I wouldn’t advise doing them until you get used to the bands but that’s down to you.
There’s no point doing say 3 sets of 5 if 14/15 are terrible form where your kicking your legs for momentum not getting your chin above the bar and not holding urself there for a second etc
If I was you I would stick to lower reps so say 7 x 1 you need to prioritise form so that way you no how well your actually progressing.

Trust me I couldn’t do a single pullup 2 months ago I couldn’t hang on the bar for more than 5 seconds without my arms giving in but once the weight was coming off and I went from doing dead hangs to using the bands regular it’s made a massive difference.

So do something like..

7x 1 (thick band) - When you can do these with proper form so legs straight (knee in band) chin above bar,

Then...

3x 2 (next thickness band)

When you start noticing good progress then just either you the reps or sets and no and again test yourself on a thinner band to see how you fair.

So if your doing 3x 5 (good form) then try one or two reps at a harder band before you do those just to see how you do as you might surprise yourself!

Losing weight , getting grip strength , using correct form , consistency is what will make you improve if you stick with it!
Don’t worry if you can’t do more than a couple with the thickest band even if their singles just make sure the reps are correct form and you will get better quicker!
If you can record yourself doing them would help you to see where your going wrong (form)