Your last session/workout!

ODB

Reaction score
Right so thought I might as well get on this to make myself accountable for my *text deleted* fitness.

Did a loose attempt at VPJFT yesterday. Didn't use the bleeps but had no breaks-just thought I'd see where I'm at.

Burpees-20,20,10.
Situps-30 (barely), 12, 12.
Pressups-20, 20, 15.
Plank-45s, 20s, 30s

jaketyghoust

Reaction score
Did 2 assault bike workouts this morning.

1st workout
20 burpees, 1min assault bike, 19 burpees, 1 min assault bike... all the way down to 1 burpee.

2nd workout
10s assault bike sprint, 50s easy x 10.

Simple but effective.

ODB

Reaction score
Ran home from work today. Didn't go to hard as haven't run much the last couple weeks due to a couple of niggles. Did 2.8 miles in 30 minutes. Did 3 miles for 31 minutes about 3 weeks back so need to get back on it. Started smoking again as well which probably hasn't helped *text deleted*

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Although the furthest ive ever run is 3 mile and I’ve only did it 2 times these past week 2 weeks , I’m meant to be doing 3 mile again tomorrow but going to just give it ago and see if I can manage 5 mile was going to wait till Monday but I’m impatient so eager to try it.
Il try just manage 10 m/m so if I can run that far for 50 minutes it will be a very big step for me so at any point I start tightening up or struggling ill be sure to stop!

Langa please?

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Although the furthest ive ever run is 3 mile and I’ve only did it 2 times these past week 2 weeks , I’m meant to be doing 3 mile again tomorrow but going to just give it ago and see if I can manage 5 mile was going to wait till Monday but I’m impatient so eager to try it.
Il try just manage 10 m/m so if I can run that far for 50 minutes it will be a very big step for me so at any point I start tightening up or struggling ill be sure to stop!

If you do start tightening or struggling and stop, have a quick stretch to loosen up, catch your breath and crack on.

If you set out to do the 5 miles make sure you complete it regardless of time, it will help massively with the confidence to go at it again.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If you do start tightening or struggling and stop, have a quick stretch to loosen up, catch your breath and crack on.

If you set out to do the 5 miles make sure you complete it regardless of time, it will help massively with the confidence to go at it again.

Appreciate that mate I will finish it wether it’s hobbling or walking soon find out.
I’m at that age now where it’s now or never really so don’t really have the time to keep taking it easy or being comfortable just need to take risks and if it isn’t to be then that’s how itl be.

Langa please?

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Appreciate that mate I will finish it wether it’s hobbling or walking soon find out.
I’m at that age now where it’s now or never really so don’t really have the time to keep taking it easy or being comfortable just need to take risks and if it isn’t to be then that’s how itl be.

That's it mate. Don't knowingly injure yourself but it'll hurt your legs if you're not used to the distance, just push through as best you can.

Obviously if any pops, cracks or twists happen don't break yourself.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The field had been cut today to the point where I just ended up running with my phone using strava so had a nice bicep workout carrying it for that long as it’s like a brick!

Very chuffed 3 mile two weeks ago longest ever run now just finished 5 mile although not fast pace did last 1 mile in 8.49 so definitely had a lot more in the tank and physically felt fine.

Attachments

• 8C95CD39-3797-4E49-A070-CF655D2FBC1D.png
    8C95CD39-3797-4E49-A070-CF655D2FBC1D.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 30
  • CEF76452-734C-4ED1-8121-DB72C26772F9.png
    CEF76452-734C-4ED1-8121-DB72C26772F9.png
    449.9 KB · Views: 34

Langa please?

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The field had been cut today to the point where I just ended up running with my phone using strava so had a nice bicep workout carrying it for that long as it’s like a brick!

Very chuffed 3 mile two weeks ago longest ever run now just finished 5 mile although not fast pace did last 1 mile in 8.49 so definitely had a lot more in the tank and physically felt fine.

Good effort mate

ODB

Reaction score

Well in mate

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Pinched from Grizz Phys Instagram page, one of their posts from last month:

15-30-45
- Press-Ups
- Sandbag Burpees @20kg
- Sandbag Jump Squats

2km Run

45-30-15
- Sandbag Front Squats
- Sandbag Shoulder Press
- HR Press-Ups

Time to beat on the page: 37 mins
Time cap: 50 mins

My time: 48:49 -banghead-

I'd consider myself fairly fit these days but that session was absolutely disgusting, definitely highlighted some weaknesses!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone on here use strava and post regularly on it for running?

I’m going to be posting on it a few times a week but don’t actually have anyone on it!

Be good to see others workouts as a friendly competitive and give extra motivation to improve seing others standards well above mine!

Im not sure if you can build groups on strava but would be pretty cool if had one for the people who post regular on here!

Chelonian

Reaction score
A quick note about PERSEC. Anyone using Strava or other similar GPS apps should be mindful of security settings. Geo-location services accurately record and display one's training routes and times of training to the world.

Having said that I use it myself for cycle training and find it useful. The biggest risk for me is the sense of disappointment and humiliation it provides. :(

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
A quick note about PERSEC. Anyone using Strava or other similar GPS apps should be mindful of security settings. Geo-location services accurately record and display one's training routes and times of training to the world.

Having said that I use it myself for cycle training and find it useful. The biggest risk for me is the sense of disappointment and humiliation it provides. :(

Fairpoint I’m a bit slow like that didn’t think! *text deleted*

Yeah haha same issue good thing I don’t have anywhere on their yet!
Been just observing the “Potential Royal Marines “ club on strava and some of the runs are unreal people getting 5 min miles then others are getting 12 min miles so i will most certainly fit in there!