50 Mountain Climbers (each leg)
30 Sec Plank

40 Russian Twists
30 Sec Plank

30 Sit-Ups
30 Sec Plank

20 Leg Raises
30 Sec Plank

Mate nice one for putting me on to grizz phys, had a look at their workouts yesterday and planning give one a go in a bit

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate nice one for putting me on to grizz phys, had a look at their workouts yesterday and planning give one a go in a bit

Aye they're a good page! To be honest I started doing them because I was bored of always writing out similar sessions for myself but it's surprising how hard the sessions are written.
Some of them look like fairly easy Reps numbers but once you're doing it you realise they're all designed to absolutely thrash you :eek: get a proper pump on and breathing goes out the window

ODB

Reaction score
Aye they're a good page! To be honest I started doing them because I was bored of always writing out similar sessions for myself but it's surprising how hard the sessions are written.
Some of them look like fairly easy Reps numbers but once you're doing it you realise they're all designed to absolutely thrash you :eek: get a proper pump on and breathing goes out the window
To be honest they're probably above my level fitness wise at the moment but if I will my way through the worst through I'll have to adapt to it haha. I was planning to give the core one you posted today and may just have to do max effort on the planks if I can't hit 30s

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest they're probably above my level fitness wise at the moment but if I will my way through the worst through I'll have to adapt to it haha. I was planning to give the core one you posted today and may just have to do max effort on the planks if I can't hit 30s

Can always break them down if you need to. The ones I've done so far I haven't managed to do much completely continuous except this mornings which I somehow 'grizzed' through.

A lot of them seem to be For Time so you can be as fast or slow as you need to be as long as you see it through to the end.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Was meant to do 3x 1mile but just going to keep that as a full 3 mile.
Time keeps coming down which is good now for fintan

Attachments

• 397E2AA2-1F04-4D7C-BDB7-1A85ED178909.png
    397E2AA2-1F04-4D7C-BDB7-1A85ED178909.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 25

ODB

Reaction score
Did a 1.9 mile run in 20 minutes as per the 12 week program. Was meant to be 2 miles at 11 minute mile pace but obviously I misjudged it haha.

Then did the scheduled workout for that day. Have a home barbell set so didn't deadlift or clean from the floor as the plates aren't big enough and not sure about my 1rm on these so picked a weight that seemed about right for good form.

50kg deadlift-16, 16.
30kg barbell row (no access to lat pulldown) 16,16.
35kg clean-16,16.

Then did the grizz phys core workout @thirdtry mentioned. I got:

20 leg raises, 30s plank, 30 situps, 30s plank, 20 russian twists each side (meant to be 40), 30s plank, 30 mountain climbers each side (meant to be 50), 30s plank, 20 russian twists e/s, 20s plank, 24 situps, 20s plank, 14 leg raises, 21s plank

Did better than expected on this and didn't really stop throughout. Obviously room for improvement though.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Did a 1.9 mile run in 20 minutes as per the 12 week program. Was meant to be 2 miles at 11 minute mile pace but obviously I misjudged it haha.

Then did the scheduled workout for that day. Have a home barbell set so didn't deadlift or clean from the floor as the plates aren't big enough and not sure about my 1rm on these so picked a weight that seemed about right for good form.

50kg deadlift-16, 16.
30kg barbell row (no access to lat pulldown) 16,16.
35kg clean-16,16.

Then did the grizz phys core workout @thirdtry mentioned. I got:

20 leg raises, 30s plank, 30 situps, 30s plank, 20 russian twists each side (meant to be 40), 30s plank, 30 mountain climbers each side (meant to be 50), 30s plank, 20 russian twists e/s, 20s plank, 24 situps, 20s plank, 14 leg raises, 21s plank

Did better than expected on this and didn't really stop throughout. Obviously room for improvement though.

Are you from a strength training background already? They're pretty good numbers for home weights and likewise for core strength if you're just starting out.

A lot of 'strength athletes' don't even bother training core because lifting engages it quite a lot anyway, so if you come from a weights background you'll find your core probably has a head start

Reactions: ODB

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
PM
1.5 miles - 12:04 - paced in my head rather than checking my watch for pace so I can get better at gauging speeds
1.5 return - 9:10
Also did the Grizz Phys core workout posted above!

SnakeEyes

Reaction score
60 min LISS jog/walk/jog - staying between 135-150 bpm heart rate. Covered 4.3 miles in that time...

One day i’ll be like some of you guys smashing out 7 minute mile with ease! Still have a lot of work to do until then and once i get to that point, i can start thinking about getting to the start line at RT... only then can i start thinking about that green lid. So close yet so far away...

SRGJ94

Reaction score
Grizz Phys is a class page! Just waiting for my 30kg sandbag to come so can step my training up a bit!

Today going for a slightly different workout.

1000 push ups
1000 sit ups (RM form)
120 ring pull ups

40 sets of 25-25-3 break it into two workouts

Reactions: ODB

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Grizz Phys is a class page! Just waiting for my 30kg sandbag to come so can step my training up a bit!

Today going for a slightly different workout.

1000 push ups
1000 sit ups (RM form)
120 ring pull ups

40 sets of 25-25-3 break it into two workouts

fairplay!
1000 Press ups in a day!? How long would it take you to complete the total of all these? Surprised your arms can handle that amount mine start burning/getting sore after 100 odd in sets ha

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nice early 6am Fartlek session today.

4.3 miles, 06:30 min/mile average pace. Absolute blowout! After I read online that 'true' Fartlek (as it was designed) is meant to be alternating between fast running and sprints, not meant to jog for the recovery period apparently.

ODB

Reaction score
Are you from a strength training background already? They're pretty good numbers for home weights and likewise for core strength if you're just starting out.

A lot of 'strength athletes' don't even bother training core because lifting engages it quite a lot anyway, so if you come from a weights background you'll find your core probably has a head start
Cheers mate. Yeah I play rugby and before lockdown hit the gym quite a bit and generally focused on the compound moves and powerlifting style workouts so I think this helped. Haven't done a lot since lockdown but am definitely better in this area of fitness, but not used to the high reps yet. Yeah mate I used to half arse core work at the end of a workout but think it is probably from heavy squats and deadlifts. Not great with situps though as I never really rated them but know they're helpful for the military. Thing I'm struggling most with is cardio but think I just need to let that build up

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
More GrizzPhys ones.

20kg sandbag, for time:

- 20 Thrusters
- 40 Sit-Ups
- 80 Sandbag Squats
- 20 Pull-Ups
- 80 Jump Over Burpees (jump over sandbag)
- 20 Pull-Ups
- 80 Sandbag Squats
- 40 Sit-Ups
- 20 Thrusters

GrizzPhys Record: 18 mins (madness!)
Time Cap: 26 mins
My time: 23:55

Then their other session:

- 7 Pull-Ups
- 28 Clean & Press

- 7 Pull-Ups
- 21 Clean & Press

- 7 Pull-Ups
- 14 Clean & Press

- 7 Pull-Ups
- 7 Clean & Press

- 7 Pull-Ups

----

Then did my own Core Finisher:

- 20 Leg Raises
- 1 Minute Plank
- 1 Minute Feet 6" Off Floor
- 1 Minute Plank

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
PM workout

press/sit-ups
25 , 20 , 15 , 10 , 10

Res band pull-ups

5x2
7x1
5x1

3 sets 15x each
burpee , squat , lunge , plank(90s)

*text deleted* start adding more squats and especially lunge to my other workouts as I feel there such a great add to have!

Onto black res band next week now where it involves putting my foot in rather than my knee so 2 bands down 2 to go so will start of again with single reps and see how i do.

Johnwayne

Reaction score
This week I’ve started on the Post PRMC plan. Made the change because I have lost confidence in the programs that I’ve put together for myself. They’re not terrible, but I don’t think they’re good enough. Also decided to take my own advice and KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

That being said I’ve added a few things here and there (Bleep test, extra strength on swim days, and GrizzPhys workout on some days). I initially made the mistake of not taking the program serious enough, but it definitely lays a very good foundation! We can always find ways to make it more challenging or to address weaknesses ( I don’t think the program has enough pull up sessions in it).

That being said today I did:

10 minutes skipping

Circuit 2 on week 1

10 minutes skipping

The goal was to rest as little a possible. It got pretty sweaty!

ODB

Reaction score
Did a run today- 3.22 miles in 34 minutes. Around the 11 minute mile target for the RM 12 week program. *text deleted*ed up when I went to check how far I'd gone and ended the run so only know for sure that I did 2.82 miles in 29 minutes. The watch I used showed that my activity lasted 34 minutes at 3.22 miles so pretty sure this will be accurate for the overall run. Walked for a minute or so after this as I was knackered and *text deleted*ing boiling, but should just about be on track for the program.

Also did a quick couple sets of pullups before, 7 then 5. Really focusing on pausing at the top at the moment.