Your last session/workout!

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Taking some inspiration from Grizz Phys style sessions to make this one up, about to have a crack:

4x
800m Run
20 Burpees (with press up)
20 Sit-Ups
20 Jump Squats
20 Sandbag Clean & Press @20kg

Another 800m run to finish

SnakeEyes

Reaction score
3 rounds of:

20 Press-Ups (to beep)
25 Sit-Ups (to beep)
25 BW Squats
26 (13 each side) Single-arm floor press with 20kg kettlebell
1 min plank

60s rest between exercises
3 min rest between rounds

ODB

Reaction score
Ran back part of the way from work today. This was just a steady run as need to get more cardio in. Did 2.5 miles in 26 minutes, including a couple walks while I got some water out my bag. Just a casual run but hoping these will add up. My bag probably weighed 5kg+ with my *text deleted* in it so hopefully this will help increase fitness.

Did a grizz phys workout this evening. Don't have a sandbag but used a punchbag which I would guess is at least 20kg. Was meant to do sandbag throw overs but instead just essentially cleaned the punchbag to my shoulder. Didn't want to *text deleted* the bag up by throwing it on the ground.

1000m run

2 rounds:

20 situps
20 punchbag clean
20 Bear hug squats
20 Burpee jump overs
20 bear hug squats
20 punchbag cleans
20 situps

1x 1000m run

Complete this in 38:25 which was just over the time limit of 38 minutes so pretty happy with that. Thought the time limit was a lot less till I just checked.

Josh24

Reaction score
Am - 6 miler in 49:22

Pre lunch - 4 rounds of VPJFT circuit completed in my own time.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Was meant to have Tuesdays and Thursdays as rest days but have made them both a casual 2 miler very hilly jog with the route resembling a “U” shape so 2 big hills either side.

Also have finally got under 14stone! Not by much mind 13.13 now so hopefully with a few tweaks and running a lot more now itl come off quicker.

Attachments

smashlegs

Reaction score
10min warm up run
600m x4 @7-7:30m/m pace
400m steady run in between
10min cool down run

Then once I got inside began a little core circuit, nothing much just something to stimulate it as it’s constantly getting worked anyways.

16reps each ex, no rest, 3 rounds.
Russian Twists
Leg Raises
Windshield Wipers
V-Ups
Ab

Upperbody is quite sore today so going to make sure do get plenty of protein in. Tomorrow is another run day.

Aerial

Reaction score
I was feeling tired and uncreative today so I just did the RMFA four times.

1.5 mile return: 09:18 (only did this once)
Push-ups: 51 / 60 / 60 / 59
Sit-up: 85 / 85 / 85 / 85
Pull-ups: 10 / 10 / 9 / 8

My RROP is at the end of August so still a little time to chip away at my run time and also increase the pull-ups. I waste a lot of energy on pull-ups with my current training set-up since the doorframe bar is fixed relatively low and I have to tuck my feet up to stop hitting the floor. Hopefully with a proper set-up I can eke out a few more.

SnakeEyes

Reaction score
Did my first hill sprint session today... I massively underrated both the hill I used and also how hard hill sprints are after 2 months of purely LISS work.

Did 5 sprints which took between 35-40 seconds each. Felt like in the last 10 seconds of the last 3 sprints that I was going so slowly that I was no longer sprinting as I was hanging out so much...

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
10.8 miler yesterday, nice easy pace for the sake of aerobic mileage.

Had an absolute shocker today! I planned to do one of the harder Grizz Phys sessions but for some reason it's an off day, just couldn't get any reps done.

So decided to at least get something done and did 7 sets of 7 Pull-Ups, with 20 sandbag clean & press between each.

Not too worried because it's been a really good few weeks of phys and smashed some PBs recently, just going to eat a lot today, sleep well tonight and smash out a hard one tomorrow.

Josh24

Reaction score
PM - 4 mile hilly walk with the dog straight into a grizz phys session:

20 leg raises - 30 seconds plank
30 situps - 30 seconds plank
40 russian twists - 30 seconds plank
50 mountain climbers - 30 seconds plank
40 russian twists- 30 seconds plank
30 situps - 30 seconds plank
20 leg raises - 30 seconds plank

Enjoyable little circuit!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys.

This week done 1x 3 miler (Mon) , 1x 3 miler (Wed) , got 1x 6 miler (Fri) and 1x 1.5 miler (Sun) to do which will now be near enough the same running routine for a while to work on times and overall mileage.

I do a fintan about 10 minutes after Wednesdays 3 miler would it make more sense to give that 3 miler the boot and use that day for something else?

So fintan , 100/200m sprints and anything that just destroys the legs so more lunges/squats/burpees etc?

Or any suggestions other than hill sprints that really target the legs that don’t involve running or gyms that I can do on a field or something I can purchase that will help?
I also now do very steady but very hilly slow 2 miler jogs on the Tues and Thurs just as a small add to get used to running on consecutive days without killing myself so I’ve got the running side of things planned out.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@Mattys I would stick the fintan on a different day to your runs, if you're doing it the way the original post describes then you should be doing a 400m sprint between each round anyway.

Also just watch that 6 miler. I know we went on for months to convince you to up your mileage but you've gone from about 3 miles per week to over 20 miles per week there in the space of about a month which is just asking for achilles tendinitis.

Maybe swap the 6 miler for a fintan for now, but keep that 5 miler. As you get fitter, you can start adding miles onto the 5 miler. So maybe in a week or so make it 6 miles. 2 weeks later make it 7 miles etc etc

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
@Mattys I would stick the fintan on a different day to your runs, if you're doing it the way the original post describes then you should be doing a 400m sprint between each round anyway.

Also just watch that 6 miler. I know we went on for months to convince you to up your mileage but you've gone from about 3 miles per week to over 20 miles per week there in the space of about a month which is just asking for achilles tendinitis.

Maybe swap the 6 miler for a fintan for now, but keep that 5 miler. As you get fitter, you can start adding miles onto the 5 miler. So maybe in a week or so make it 6 miles. 2 weeks later make it 7 miles etc etc
Yeah each round was ment to finish with a 400m sprint the only reason I didnt add the sprint was because I was either doing a bleep test or some form of distance running before the fintan so just left out the sprints in that case!
Your right tho ive been thinking of using 1 day for just leg strength training for a while in this case where I could possibly do 3/4 rounds if I’m doing just that but have only been doing 1 round as I’ve been doing things just before it.

Haha yeah still baffles me the amount I’ve increased it so soon but your right I do need to take a step back before I do regret it and actually be more smarter I think it’s just because I’m sein results all the time I’m not used to and just pushing myself to quickly that’s all.

I don’t do a 6 and 5 miler in the same week the 5 miler I have been doing I just added an extra mile to it. The 2x 3 milers are on two different days I just thought should I get rid of 1x 3 miler and use that day as a fintan/leg destroying day. I would use swimming but can’t do that currently and was thinking maybe a 10 miler hiking would have the same benefits carrying some weight for the legs?

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
36 seconds quicker than last time.
I always set out to beat my last time and as long as I keep doing this my pace will become quicker and my time will get better.
Mate you’re getting quicker by the session:cool:

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mate you’re getting quicker by the session:cool:
Haha yeah mate Im getting there i always just track my time per mile when I’m running and as long as I can keep pace with a better mile pace than previously I’ll have a better time.
Be interesting to see what happens tho when the times do get into good territory if I’ll be able to cope as there nothing special currently.