Your last session/workout!

ODB

Reaction score
Ran to the gym. Watch kind of *text deleted*ed up when I tried to end the run so it may be a little long, but I definitely got at least 30:03 for 2.92 miles so a little over what I'm aiming for at the moment. Walked for half a minute or so at one point to drink water.
Did weights then ran part of the way back. Didn't bother timing this but it was at least 2.5 miles. Hoping this milage will add up.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
5x 3
5x 2
5x 1

5x 2(UA)
5x 1(UA)

resistance band pull-ups

3x 20 squats & lunge (21lb weight vest)

Was meant to do burpees with the weight vest but just wasn’t possible as the vest would move around when I’d kick back so probably need a more secure one for that exercise.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bit of speed work over 4 miles. Grim! The dream will be to get at least a few of them into sub-6 miles over that distance but that won't be happening between now and ROP haha

20200730_144855.jpg

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Press/sit-ups. 25 , 20 , 15 , 15 , 10

3x 90sec plank

Then into a 2 mile hilly run meant to be going a lot slower on these runs as in 2 m/m slower but seem to be doing them quicker everytime which I don’t want so will have to try harder with it.

Also doing weight vest squats and lunges last night definitely felt it in my hamstrings today so will make sure to do them more often!

Attachments

smashlegs

Reaction score
Not posted in some time but been on top of my phys none the less.

Today - vPJFT AMRAP - 7th round

Got onto the 7th round on the 11th rep of press ups and my Delts just couldn’t keep up. Absolutely sweating buckets but I can tell my fitness is very good right now as my breathing was still somewhat controlled throughout. Form was strong throughout until around the plank on the 6th set.

Eye test in a week and a bit then hopefully it all gets processed with my medical paperwork and my face 2 face medical goes smoothly so I can just crack on with the vPJFT and straight into ROP. Want to be down there already..

smashlegs

Reaction score
Bit of speed work over 4 miles. Grim! The dream will be to get at least a few of them into sub-6 miles over that distance but that won't be happening between now and ROP haha

20200730_144855.jpg
Strong effort! How long until ROP? I don’t think that’s impossible to get atleast a couple sub 6 within a few weeks, just get those legs moving quicker mate!

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Strong effort! How long until ROP? I don’t think that’s impossible to get atleast a couple sub 6 within a few weeks, just get those legs moving quicker mate!
Aye we'll see. My 1.5 miler is 08:40ish which brings it in sub-6 miles but holding that for 4 miles is a whole different game.

Definitely found that increasing cadence/step rate makes running faster easier. Sounds obvious but I mean it feels less intense. Taking shorter steps and hitting 170+ is much easier than longer steps at 150-160 step rate, even if you're doing the exact same pace.

ROP in September, subject to f2f medical and security clearance.

smashlegs

Reaction score
Aye we'll see. My 1.5 miler is 08:40ish which brings it in sub-6 miles but holding that for 4 miles is a whole different game.

Definitely found that increasing cadence/step rate makes running faster easier. Sounds obvious but I mean it feels less intense. Taking shorter steps and hitting 170+ is much easier than longer steps at 150-160 step rate, even if you're doing the exact same pace.

ROP in September, subject to f2f medical and security clearance.
My mistake I read that as 4x 1mile repeats. Absolutely agree on cadence. Consciously thinking about how you’re running when you’re running brings more efficiency and in the long run more energy.

Best of luck for ROP! Ive been waiting a month and abit for my eye test and I presume capita are just waiting on the results of that until they can process my medical Questionnaire. How long from that point was it till you got your face2face date?

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My mistake I read that as 4x 1mile repeats. Absolutely agree on cadence. Consciously thinking about how you’re running when you’re running brings more efficiency and in the long run more energy.

Best of luck for ROP! Ive been waiting a month and abit for my eye test and I presume capita are just waiting on the results of that until they can process my medical Questionnaire. How long from that point was it till you got your face2face date?
Still waiting for f2f medical to be booked, I did my eye test on the 6th July. Got lucky and managed to do vPJFT after triage phonecall, before they brought in the rule of doing medical first.

Not entirely sure how the medical is booked though as I've heard nothing yet and my CA just told me capita will handle it all. Capita did some sort of paper review on Wednesday so hoping they follow through with a physical booking soon!

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Edit to the above @smashlegs they just booked my f2f medical for early August, so about a 1 month wait. I've heard of others on here getting them in September though so maybe it's down to your Region!

Josh24

Reaction score
Yesterday - 1 mile warm up - followed an iron wolf video - 200 burpees 200 pressups 200 squats. Check him out on youtube some nasty volume sessions on there.

Today - 6 miler in 51:03 before practicing Vpjft later on this afternoon.

HAWJ94

Reaction score
Today’s workout was not nice -vomit-

25 minute AMRAP:
- 60 skips
- 40 single arm KB thrusters @ (20es)
- 20 chest to floor burpees (no jump)
All in a 10kg vest.

Managed 4 full rounds and completed the thrusters of r5.

KB can be swapped for odd object. If you don’t have a vest then you can aim to complete more rounds

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Strength this AM:

5x
- Max Pull-ups
- 8 OHP @35Kg
- 12 Decline Press-Ups

Tabata Jump Squats

Tonight will be a medium pace 6 miler, and some core because I wrapped on doing it earlier.

smashlegs

Reaction score
Edit to the above @smashlegs they just booked my f2f medical for early August, so about a 1 month wait. I've heard of others on here getting them in September though so maybe it's down to your Region!
I thought as much since Covid has just slowed everything right down. More time to train and prepare I guess!

LilInac

Reaction score
these last two weeks have been the most challenging so far in my life cardio wise, and I’ve done pretty well, I think!
Last week
Monday 6.5km sprints 38min
Tues 5km 27.20min

Wednesday I climbed one of the biggest mountains here in ireland Crough patrick finally all them hill sprints payed off !! It was really nice although not sprinting ahah felt very good and was overtaking most people felt great but my knees got battered on the way down, all In all 3hrs 10mins 7km all round !
I took a fairly big break as felt really *text deleted*ed after it.

Push-ups have been going good aswell I’m currently on 16-16-15 gainers has been working quite well so far I haven’t tried my best but I’m guessing high twenties

onto this week back on the grind !
Wednesday will sprints 18mins again 3km going to start the squats like a member here said but took it easy knees felt not 100 percent but went ok!

Today I done my first ever 6miler in 59mins I couldn’t believe it with a backpack on aswell, really I didn’t think I’d do it but with missing my bus and no other buses I said f it let’s go ran back to home it’s a nice run fairly flat and downhill and uphill in some spots I couldn’t believe i done it in under an hour as well, this February I could hardly run 5km in one go while my times haven’t dropped a ton my stamina especially taking it slow has gone up loads ! I managed 6min roughly per km which I think was pretty good for a 236lb fella really happy today!!

I feel fairly tired and sore now after it but pretty proud of how progress is going !

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Rest day today so *text deleted* chill and watch the fa cup then rearing for the champions league next week!

Had no idea I’ve ran 8 days in a row and will finish tomorrow with the 1.5 miler so averaging now 15+miles per week which is good

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
34 seconds off PB if I looked at the time near the end would have got under 11.00.

More happy with the mile paces than anything mile 1 7.26 then was 7.16 for the rest which is 24 seconds better than my best average pace.

Attachments