Your last session/workout!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Body weight exercises then into this cycle.

Although my pace for cycling isn’t very fast I do mainly hills which is the best way for a cycling workout than just doing a flat which doesn’t have nowhere near the same benefits!

I’ve also got a sports injury clinic by me which I never even knew which they charge £35 for 50 minutes so I will be doing that in the coming days just for them to have a look , They also do gait analysis with in-depth muscloskeletal screen which is £60 for 1 hour so might look into this also as I’m not sure if me running in trail running shoes on a flat service which have high arches might have something to do with me hurting myself.

Attachments

LilInac

Reaction score
hill sprints today.
3km 10 sprints up and a fast jog down the hill managed it in 16:50 improvement of nearly 40secs from pb happy with that goal is to get down under 16 but will be a challenge! always trying to progressive overload with everything not just the weights going “harder then last time” ;)
february this year i was managing the same hill in 3km in 26mins 50 !! my cardiovascular fitness has gone up leaps and bounds still more to go this year i’m not going to college so have plenty of time to focus on the runs

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Fantastic training area. Are you familiar with
‘The Land of Nod’ which is a notoriously difficult area of terrain
I certainly am! Try to avoid it at all costs!;) You’re right it is a great place to train, I’m lucky to have it on my doorstep

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
vPJFT this morning, having mega long legs isn’t helpful on the burpees aha

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I thought with it absolutely hammering it down today there would be no tourists how I was wrong!
They can’t help but stand in the middle of cycle paths and chat or instead of walking in single file they walk in width ways to eachother , I thought looking out for dog sh*it was more frustrating ohh I was very wrong.
I stopped to many times today wether due to traffic our tourists which explains why my heart rate isn’t very high.

Did resistance band pull-ups and I feel on the next 2 weeks maybe max I can jump to the next band as I can feel the quick progress with this band.

1x 5
1x 4
1x 3
1x 2
1x 1

Although I’m not losing weight still around 14 stone I seem to be getting stronger and my waist is now 91cm so just hoping I can get back to running soon and when I do hopefully my bod weight exercises have improved alot.

Attachments

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not posted in here in a while.

Cut down on the huge smashings and now back to training "hard but smart" - lots of strength, 80/20 running etc. Will maintain this until i get another start date. Run times still coming down and fitness still going up, still 2 sessions a day, but little bit of injury prevention rather than ultra intense like I started once I had a start date.

LilInac

Reaction score
6th 5miler yesterday
sometimes i take a bit of pre workout although only when i really needed i do feel it helps on the longer runs decided not to felt fairly up to the run, although got caught up a few times when running by bloody tractors hah.
managed it in 44:40 one min better then last happy with that goal is to get around 40min next year!
pushups gainers 25-25-25
going fairly good happy with the progress with gainers

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
6th 5miler yesterday
sometimes i take a bit of pre workout although only when i really needed i do feel it helps on the longer runs decided not to felt fairly up to the run, although got caught up a few times when running by bloody tractors hah.
managed it in 44:40 one min better then last happy with that goal is to get around 40min next year!
pushups gainers 25-25-25
going fairly good happy with the progress with gainers
Personally hate preworkout, black coffee and a banana is all you need, a red bull if going for heavy lifting.

However really advise against using it for runs!! The number of fatalities tied to it are huge. It has a purpose - for strength training - but not for cardio.

Multiple marathon fatalities, and I believe also some notable military ones in recent years, have been attributed to the use of preworkout.

HoldFoldEm

Reaction score
Recovering slowly but surely from surgery so did a 30 minute non-stop (except when I just had to breathe and one moment when the dog decided to bark loud enough meriting a reprimand)

Sets of 7 repetitions using a sledgehammer -

Shoveling coal imitation (forward)
Shoveling sirt (behind) your back)
Churning butter
Flipping a big switch
Chopping wood
Chopping a tree
Back scratching
And 2 more that are just not easy to explain *text deleted*

And in between those, a minute of Ab work or shadow boxing. Tried not to stop at all to get my endurance back up after two long months of recovery.

Kept going for 30 minutes, after which stretching, mobility work, light walk (inside as quarantined) and then a cold shower.

Still can’t run yet but getting there!

best,
R

Partridge

Reaction score
Early morning gym session this morning , think it was the earliest I've been to the gym.

Leg Strength:

Back Squat 5x5
Lunges 3x20 (10 each leg)
Leg press 3x5
Hamstring curls 4x10
Leg extensions 4x10

Little bit of abs at the end:

3x15 weighted sit ups with Russian twist's
3x10 knee raises
3x5 toe to bar

5 minutes on the bike to finish it off - 30s normal and 30s fast.
Now into a 2 hour history lesson o_O

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Upped the runs to 5 miles this week - feels good to be getting back into the swing of things

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Have decided to give gainers ago.

Started off doing

Press-ups - 15/15/15 (60s rest each)

Sit-ups - 20/20/20 (60s rest each)

band pull-ups - 3/3/3 (60s rest each) (2x)

3x 90s plank (60s rest each)

Finished with the cycle

Need to get back into running sooner rather than later not a fan of cycling , The only good thing about it is hills everywhere so it’s a brutal workout if you just focus on mainly hills.

Attachments

Chelonian

Reaction score
The only good thing about it is hills everywhere so it’s a brutal workout if you just focus on mainly hills.
Hills are the basis of all my cycle training. I can measure watt output at the pedals but my main metric of success or failure is whether I have to step off the bike and push it. -banghead-

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hills are the basis of all my cycle training. I can measure watt output at the pedals but my main metric of success or failure is whether I have to step off the bike and push it. -banghead-
Yeah for sure! Going for long rides on flats I don’t se the benefit just feels to casual and me personally get bored quickly!

Ha yeah I carry a bag on my bag also usually with a 2ltr water bottle and the odd jumper incase it rains but regret it when I’m cycling up the hills then.

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just short of 9 miles this morning! Cut around Striding Edge though due to the weather and being on my own. Rather be safe than sorry!08596801-05C9-44B4-A297-DE815444E9B0.jpeg

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
First proper BFT this morning since being injury free, 1.5 out 12:04 1 min rest 1.5 back 9:09 - happy to know I’ve still got some speed in my legs and lungs!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Press-ups
16/16/16

Sit-ups
21/21/21

Res band pull-ups
(3x sets) 2/2/2

3x 90s plank

3 mile walk

10 mile cycle

Haven’t done any running for about 3 weeks or there about a not properly foot feels okay now but I’ve just started walking again to see how it feels first also just to make sure I won’t run in my trail trainers anymore as I’m not sure using them on concrete was wise and might have been why it happened! Purchased a pair of road running trainers so hopefully these end up being worth it.

Attachments

Foxx

Reaction score
Testing my press ups and sit ups.. Did my max In 2 minutes, then in 1.30 minutes then in 1 minute.
For the 2 minutes, I got 40 press ups and 48 sit ups. Not anywhere near where I need to be but at least I know where to build up from. Did a 2 mile run in 8m/m just to get used to my running. Think some hill sprints may be my workout tomorrow. Huge hill nearby.

Also looking to get the Garmin Fenix 6X, need something that'll be easy to use and great for planning all my exercises. Turn 18 next month so will be a nice treat for myself, though I know I won't be able to take it into RT.

Hoping I can build my fitness up so that I can do my VPJFT and pass right at the start if the year. Will be a good start to 2021! Also need to get myself to the swimming baths, know they can train you in RT but really don't *text deleted* fall on that.