Your last session/workout!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
How steep are the hills you’re cycling up!

151bpm is quite high for 11mph isn’t it?
I guess it just depends what sort of hills you do really some might be 200m long but a gradual incline and others might be 100m but 3 times as steep! Ha
Depends what route I take but my cycling is all just hills some gradual others are brutal which will cause the heart rate to get high.
This is same distance I did not long ago but less steep hills and heart rate is casual of anything!
It’s funny the stair master you see in the gym 10 minutes on a high level on that my heart rate goes 190 odd which I can understand why they have life threating pictures on it if done to much!

Attachments

Kilo_Corleone

Reaction score
I’ve heard those stair masters are really good, but never actually used one. Might have to give it a go!

Josh24

Reaction score
Also looking to get the Garmin Fenix 6X, need something that'll be easy to use and great for planning all my exercises. Turn 18 next month so will be a nice treat for myself, though I know I won't be able to take it into RT.
I recently upgraded my Garmin and was looking at the 6x but it comes in a 51mm case - not sure if you child like wrists like myself but I tried one on and it looked ridiculously massive !Screenshot_20201006-170909_WhatsApp.jpg

I went for this one in the end and doesnt look oversized on my wrists - hope this helps!

Foxx

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my Garmin and was looking at the 6x but it comes in a 51mm case - not sure if you child like wrists like myself but I tried one on and it looked ridiculously massive !Screenshot_20201006-170909_WhatsApp.jpg

I went for this one in the end and doesnt look oversized on my wrists - hope this helps!
Thanks mate I will look into this! Could save me a couple hundred pound if I go for the middle size. Will have to see one in a shop instead of buying online then!

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
4 miles @ 8 min mile with a couple of stinking hills on training area

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve heard those stair masters are really good, but never actually used one. Might have to give it a go!
Yeah its the only machine or workout I have done that’s made me feel physically sick everytime it’s basically just walking up the stairs at a faster pace but it’s one of those machines your only really meant to do a few minutes on it if you do the hard levels.

User1234

Reaction score
I deep cleaned mens changing room and pool deck(pb 20 minutes) I think the squeegee was heavier than it was last time!!;)

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not posted in a while! Been getting back into strength work recently, while making sure I don't lose my running ability.

Today's gym session was a timed 5k on treadmill at 2.0 incline, followed by "Pull" strength.

- 5k in 19:52. PB is 19:40 but given the 30 secs it took to get up to speed I'm happy.
- 14 Pull-Ups PB, then 4 sets of 5.
- Deadlifts pyramid sets from 100kg up to 170kg and back down (2 reps per set). Never really done them so these are a weak point but 170 is still a PB. Goal is >220.
- 3x 10 Pull-Ups again.
- 5x5 Seated Rows @65kg

Sadly the gyms in Merseyside are about to close again, so all progress in strength will go down the drain and I'll be back to Conditioning Circuits like those I used to post in this thread every day over summer. It was fun while it lasted!

Tomorrow will be "push day" so a bodyweight circuit to start (Press-Ups, Sit-Ups, Squats, Burpees) before going into Heavy Squats (>100kg), Smith Machine Bench Press (PB 100kg so aim to beat), then push days usually also involve some conditioning so probably tabata sandbag Squats, tabata jump squats, RMFA Press-Ups etc etc.

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
7.5 mile run straight into 5 x Max Pull Ups 5 x Max Sit Ups 5 x Max Press Ups

Foxx

Reaction score
Little ab workout then did my fastest one mile time, 5.55 minutes. Soo happy with that

smashlegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
In fact my strava says it was 5.51, plus the half mile is 8 m 39
I love doing a 1mile best effort as it gives you a mental boost for knocking down your 1.5mile PB. I’m just under 6mins also and my 1.5mile time in June was 10:30-11 so massive improvements. Extremely confident I could at least break sub 9:30 now. But like you said the pace suggest sub 9

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I love doing a 1mile best effort as it gives you a mental boost for knocking down your 1.5mile PB. I’m just under 6mins also and my 1.5mile time in June was 10:30-11 so massive improvements. Extremely confident I could at least break sub 9:30 now. But like you said the pace suggest sub 9
If you can run a 6 minute mile you can run a 9 minute 1.5, it's just how much you're willing to stay in the 'cave' for that last little push.

Any time I've gone sub-08:40 has usually ended in vomit, dizziness or the occasional accidental sh*t in my shorts, no joke -banghead-

Foxx

Reaction score
I did a really subpar workout today so I figured lets do a 5k as I haven't ran properly in a week apart from sprints, I started running and checked my phone towards the end of a mile and seen I was on 0.9miles at 5.5m/m pace and was like WHATTT. Seeing as my last best 1 mile time was 6m 48. I think I am going to try to go even faster tomorrow and get the 1.5miles done. Part of this run is a tiny bit of downhill so I thought maybe it's cheating ahaha but I don't think I'd have been much slower on a flat surface. It just confirms to me how much your mind plays with you. I literally did sprints the other day at 6.3m/m pace and I could hardly manage 300m as I was running way too fast for 100m and messed my breathing up for the rest. Got a better workout tomorrow but will try fit this route in again but carry on running to get a good PR. Can only go up from here. (Unless I get fat again).
If you can run a 6 minute mile you can run a 9 minute 1.5, it's just how much you're willing to stay in the 'cave' for that last little push.

Any time I've gone sub-08:40 has usually ended in vomit, dizziness or the occasional accidental sh*t in my shorts, no joke -banghead-
100% this confirms to me that it's all mental. Without looking at the time I didn't think I was running that fast!