Your last session/workout!

RCTJ0012

Reaction score
Yeah I can't wait to get back, it was the most rewarding time of my life even though I was still only a recruit. Hindsight is 20/20 right!

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
100%. You are heading back in with the benefit of foresight. Hopefully you smash it this time round. Keep an eye out for oppos that are on the verge of wrapping, don’t allow them to make the same mistake that you did. Encourage them to pick their chin up and crack on.

Cheesy but the pain you feel in training is temporary but that beret is for life. Stay focused.

RCTJ0012

Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind when training gets hard and lads are feeling down, being one of the older lads/rejoiner I need to help out as much as I can. Pain is temporary, glory is eternal.

JHS1989

Reaction score
Congrats on passing it pal! One step closer to the end goal.

Quesiton on the sit ups, are they assisted i.e your feet under something or are you just to keep your feet tight to the floor?

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats on passing it pal! One step closer to the end goal.

Quesiton on the sit ups, are they assisted i.e your feet under something or are you just to keep your feet tight to the floor?

Feet fixed, and in good view for the Cpl watching.

I used a coffee table which the camera was mounted on, so he could see fingertips on head and knees together etc.

Foxx

Reaction score
100 press ups, sit ups, squats and burpees then a sprint session at the field near me. Started to slack so made a whole new training plan that I have to stick to.

Foxx

Reaction score
No training done today as asked to do a 12 hour shift last minute. I had to leave at 07:05 and won't be back till 11:30.. I thought you are meant to enjoy being 17 -banghead- will get a nice session in tomorrow though!

smashlegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No training done today as asked to do a 12 hour shift last minute. I had to leave at 07:05 and won't be back till 11:30.. I thought you are meant to enjoy being 17 -banghead- will get a nice session in tomorrow though!

Prioritise mate! If you’ve applied I would lay off the overtime and get your training done, unless you really need the money!

Partridge

Reaction score
Just had to cut my session short as i was doing shoulder press and on my last set my left shoulder just went made a pop noise and done an unnatural movement and now my left shoulder isn't in pain but just has a weird feel to it. Luckily Wales is on a 2 week lockdown now so gym's are shut so i will just be focusing my running.

Was just wondering if anyone knows what it could've been or what the injury is?

Foxx

Reaction score
Prioritise mate! If you’ve applied I would lay off the overtime and get your training done, unless you really need the money!
Yes I know mate. Only 1 person in Transport as two were off and had to be in early for an important meeting with a big potential customer! I wouldn't take on this shift again unless the circumstances were the same, as much as the new TM has turned into a snob, I don't want to throw her under the bus! Get a long run in tomorrow hopefully and a nice full body gym work out :) on the bright side, my boss who wants me to be the next best salesman heard me talking about the marines and said he could see me being one... not what I expected ;)

DBrookman

Reaction score
Nice Saturday morning run to finish off the week of training. Did my eyetest and sent my medical forms away this week so hoping for a good result.

(Strava route a fair distance from I live)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201024-115201__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024-115201__01.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 32

SnakeEyes

Reaction score
3 rounds:

35 bodyweight squats
25 press ups
35 sit ups
15 (each arm) single-arm floor press (with 20kg kettlebell)
70sec plank

I’ve come a long way from struggling to to 5 proper press ups to now being able to do 3x25 with good form!

HoldFoldEm

Reaction score
Hello lads!

Recovering quite nicely from the surgery, running is still not on the agenda but it’s just a matter of time now.

Last workout done was an upper body circuit and a mini workout as a finisher -

5 rounds of

20 decline push ups
20 sit ups
2 pull ups
60 Russian twists
10 TRX reverse push ups (can’t remember the name of the exercise)
1 min decline plank*

then 10 rounds of

250m rowing machine
2 pull ups

* done decline due to surgery, avoiding placing undue pressure on the toes until I can take that load with ease.

Target is 30 pull ups every time I workout, next work out will be in sets of 3, keep progressing until those 30 pull ups can be done in 2 sets of 15 hopefully by the time I can apply.

best,
R

Jonno1987

Reaction score
5 mins treadmill @ min 13km/h
5 mins rower (min 250m/minute)
5 mins stepper (min 40 flights/minute)

the above = 1 x set.

did 3 x sets without rest. Only rest was the time it took to setup machines. Essentially 45 mins at high intensity

finished with 12 minutes of EMOM
6 x 15 sit ups
6 x 15 press ups

Jonno1987

Reaction score
5 mins treadmill @ min 13km/h
5 mins rower (min 250m/minute)
5 mins stepper (min 8 flights/minute)

the above = 1 x set.

did 3 x sets without rest. Only rest was the time it took to setup machines. Essentially 45 mins at high intensity

finished with 12 minutes of EMOM
6 x 15 sit ups
6 x 15 press ups

Jonno1987

Reaction score
6am
15 x 2 min rounds on the heavy bag with 20 sec rest in between

3 x sets of the following.
16 burpees
24 sit ups
16 press ups
45 sec plank
(To the vPJFT test timing/beep)

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
6am

16 burpees
24 sit ups
16 press ups
45 sec plank
Not going to lie, those odd numbers of reps do trigger me.

codislife

Reaction score
6am

16 burpees
24 sit ups
16 press ups
45 sec plank
You using a metronome for the beeps mate?

Jonno1987

Reaction score
You using a metronome for the beeps mate?

I am mate yes. I seen someone had posted their tips and programme for the vPJFT, so thought I would utilise it for myself. Used the metronome beep and also used the same amount of rest periods between each and exercise
I did that round relatively comfortable, so will do the next set of
18 burpees
27 sit ups
18 press ups
50 sec plank

will aim to do the above for a week, with a minimum of 4 attempts within the week.

then after that, will be running through the full circuit, as per the test

hope the above helps