Your last session/workout!

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
vPJFT run through this morning - groin is starting to niggle me during the sit ups which is troubling in the lead up to the real thing-banghead-

Foxx

Reaction score
Always so crazy when after a week of laziness I perform better than before. 5k done in 22 minutes, nothing crazy but my best time before was 21.08 and I was was more exhausted than I was here with more decline too. Just done 30 press ups in one go meaning I'll definitely get around 70 if I do max in 2 minutes.. Swimming lessons soon and thinking about starting at a Nuffield health gym but the price is making me question it... All in all happy with things. Need to order a pull up bar too. Who knew fitness came at such a cost ahh -banghead-

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Pull Ups session this morning and an hour walk with a 10kg weighted vest on.

editomo

Reaction score
Got my app resumed last week (on hold for what I thought were going to be exams). Using Sean Lerwill’s pass the vPJFT as a rough guide, combining it with some of the training plans from here. Run through vPJFT and some HIIT today

Corona

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
vPJFT run through this morning - groin is starting to niggle me during the sit ups which is troubling in the lead up to the real thing-banghead-
Did you manage to get this sorted? Having the same issue with raised side lunges

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Did you manage to get this sorted? Having the same issue with raised side lunges

I had this happen to me after I didn't warm up properly once before a VPJFT, it took me a week off to fix it, I couldn't do anything that invlolved abs or core due to the pain.

HAWJ94

Reaction score
@ALDL9RM @Grimey Arches could most likely be related to psoas issues - considering the RM sit up is very hip flexion dominant as opposed to abdominals it would make sense - the issue in your groin is because your psoas inserts into the lesser trochanter of the femur and allows for hip flexion, adduction and external rotation. All of which are tightly used during the sit up. Stretch it out and strengthen your glutes and see how you get on

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@ALDL9RM @Grimey Arches could most likely be related to psoas issues - considering the RM sit up is very hip flexion dominant as opposed to abdominals it would make sense - the issue in your groin is because your psoas inserts into the lesser trochanter of the femur and allows for hip flexion, adduction and external rotation. All of which are tightly used during the sit up. Stretch it out and strengthen your glutes and see how you get on
That’s pretty much what I’ve been tol, appreciate the help though bud

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not had a lot of spare time outside of working, training and sleeping *text deleted* of a new job but cracked a 5 miler this morning straight into 3 x Max pull ups 3 x Max press ups

Hammerhead26

Reaction score
Extra energy type Sunday workout...

Pull ups 10 9 8 7 6 15
Sit ups 10 9 8 7 6 15
Push ups 10 9 8 7 6 15
Squats 10 9 8 7 6 15

No rest between rounds.

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
3 mile run with hill sprints then immediately followed by a VPJFT, pretty disgusting to be honest.

HAWJ94

Reaction score
Final main training session completed before starting ROP on Monday. Apart from a few gainer bits and pieces thats it, well prepared and squared away, ready to go.

Last session ended with hill sprints and a core circuit. Nothing special, just doing the simple stuff well.

Here’s my training board from September..... feel free to ask any questions if there are any (the additional two weeks means the countdowns don’t correlate with the start date....).

Since starting my application back in April, it’s already been 32 weeks, I suppose that’s the easy half done o_O4495AF06-210D-4BFB-8C97-9A807B8F83DC.jpeg

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Final main training session completed before starting ROP on Monday. Apart from a few gainer bits and pieces thats it, well prepared and squared away, ready to go.

Last session ended with hill sprints and a core circuit. Nothing special, just doing the simple stuff well.

Here’s my training board from September..... feel free to ask any questions if there are any (the additional two weeks means the countdowns don’t correlate with the start date....)

Since starting my application back in April, it’s already been 32 weeks, I suppose that’s the easy half done o_O4495AF06-210D-4BFB-8C97-9A807B8F83DC.jpeg
13/10..You must be some twisted individual to come up with that workout!

Hammerhead26

Reaction score
Burpees 50
Pull ups 20
Sit ups 50
Squats 50
Plank 1 minutes
Run 1 mile >8 min

Push ups 100
Kettlebell Swings 50 @ 24kg.

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
An hour and a half and 15 rounds of VPJFT+...... it wasn’t too bad in terms of toughness or intensity, the duration of how tedious is was was the worst bit aha!
I've never seen the VPJFT incorporated like that so fair play to you, I think I'll have to give it a try myself.

Reaction score
First time posting on here. Yesterday morning was circuits for a little over an hour.

20 to 1 circuit:

Burpees
Squats
Press ups
Sit ups
Lunges
Pull ups - a long way off of doing 20 in a row so I just did maximum for each set, which totalled 65 across the 20 sets.

Evening:

2 mile warm up
10x 100m hill sprints
2 miles best effort return

Today was just a slow and steady 10 miler before work at 9:43 min/mile pace.