Your last session/workout!

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the detail mate, is there a trick to breathing whilst running to keep heart rate down?
Nasal breathing only. If you need to stop to really bring it down do “box breathing” 4 sec in - 4 hold - 4 out - 4 hold before the next in

Murk

Reaction score
Nasal breathing only. If you need to stop to really bring it down do “box breathing” 4 sec in - 4 hold - 4 out - 4 hold before the next in
I’ll give that a try! Is it recommended to do box breathing whilst running or only in recovery?

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll give that a try! Is it recommended to do box breathing whilst running or only in recovery?
Just recovery, having said that if you are in a safe environment with preferably an other runner having a go at hypoxic short distances (running while holding your breath after you exhaled) can increase your tolerance of the build up of metabolic by products that cause fatigue. There are just so many things that you can try it gets to a point when you are just better off sticking to the basics unless you only goal is to improve running. Training for the RM is about being fairly decent at everything but if you are doing strength training and running in the same time (like most of us -concurrent training-) you will never be getting optimum results for both so just bear that in mind.

Murk

Reaction score
Just recovery, having said that if you are in a safe environment with preferably an other runner having a go at hypoxic short distances (running while holding your breath after you exhaled) can increase your tolerance of the build up of metabolic by products that cause fatigue. There are just so many things that you can try it gets to a point when you are just better off sticking to the basics unless you only goal is to improve running. Training for the RM is about being fairly decent at everything but if you are doing strength training and running in the same time (like most of us -concurrent training-) you will never be getting optimum results for both so just bear that in mind.
Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Same hill session as previously. The 4.18km return home was a real test of my resolve today - legs were feeling heavy and willpower was low, but I did it and was rewarded with a 23sec improvement overall on my previous time:

KM 1: 3:54
KM 2: 4:18
KM 3: 4:49
KM 4: 4:59
0.18 KM: 0:45

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
3.9 km weighted walk @ 12.5 kg
Roughly 400 m swim in the sea (fully wrapped like a cock)

New Threads