Your last session/workout!

user12345

Reaction score
today i have just done the bft 1.5 milers test so obviously 12:30 for the warmup and on the return i got just under 10 minutes.looking forward to keep progressing and getting the time down as this was my first one i have done after my injury. then later have the apfa which is a bleep test and best effort set of situps push ups and pull ups.:)

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Today was fun trying to fit all my normal sessions in to the space of a few hours.

Pull Ups at 6am

1.5 warm up followed by 800m best effort sub 3 minutes at 11am.

Gainers on press ups and sit ups 6 x 28 with 1 minutes rest between sets.

Time to relax! Merry Christmas everybody.

Corona

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
First run after a two month lay off following injury. Decided on easing myself back in slowly.

What software are you using there? Find it really cool how it tells you foot strike angle as I always seem to do that part wrong

Chelonian

Reaction score
I love metrics even if my own depress me.
What interests me about the screenshot posted by @WHATAMELT is the potential measurable performance increase which might be possible by increasing Average Stride Length by, say, an incremental 0.75cm. I could do the arithmetic but someone probably has an app what can do it faster and more accurately.

thenodfather

Reaction score
Deadlift 120kg 3x5
Barbell row 75kg 3x10
Squat 105kg 3x5
Lat pulldown 105kg 3x10
Back row 110kg 4x10
Pullovers 3x10 27.5kg
Hammer curls 17.5kg 3x12

6 mile run few hours after
I have no idea why my deadlift is so low

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Deadlift 120kg 3x5
Barbell row 75kg 3x10
Squat 105kg 3x5
Lat pulldown 105kg 3x10
Back row 110kg 4x10
Pullovers 3x10 27.5kg
Hammer curls 17.5kg 3x12

6 mile run few hours after
I have no idea why my deadlift is so low

That completely threw me then, so good that you've pointed it out yourself. That's genuinely mega low compared to what are otherwise very respectable lifts!

Are you using an Olympic bar? Or Hex bar? And likewise is that your absolute best effort or do you stop yourself short there? Without seeing your form it's hard to say if it's anything to do with that but looking at your other lifts it makes sense you should be able to DL at least 160.

Not talking down, genuinely trying to identify what might be holding your DL back.

thenodfather

Reaction score
That completely threw me then, so good that you've pointed it out yourself. That's genuinely mega low compared to what are otherwise very respectable lifts!

Are you using an Olympic bar? Or Hex bar? And likewise is that your absolute best effort or do you stop yourself short there? Without seeing your form it's hard to say if it's anything to do with that but looking at your other lifts it makes sense you should be able to DL at least 160.

Not talking down, genuinely trying to identify what might be holding your DL back.
No idea mate. I thought it was down to form too but I asked a bloke who competes in UK strongman at my gym and he said it was fine. My only possible answer is my lack of practice as I only started doing them again a couple months ago, but even then I thought progress would be quicker.

edit: Olympic bar by the way, and I do go best effort

Hatters

Reaction score
Gave myself some good ole' self-inflicted pain today after having near my body weight in beer and food yesterday!

4 Sets of the VPJFT
rest
3 Sets of the VPJFT
rest
2 Sets of the VPJFT
rest
1 Set of the VPJFT

AMRAP 10 Minutes
10 Squats
10 Dumbbell Thrusters
10 Lunges

25 Flutter Kicks to 25 Scissors x 4

Even though I passed the VPJFT a few weeks ago, I do like to go back to it sometimes for "fun". Feel like its definitely improve my overall reps for Push-ups.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Sprint0205

Reaction score
Road bike intervals + Rowing/Gym circuit

Bike indoor trainer:
10 minutes progressive warm up
10 minutes of 30s flat out, 30s recovery
5 minutes warm down

Circuit:
500m row in 1:40/1:50 (not great but haven't done much rowing before)
12 x marine press ups with 5kg weight vest
20 x squats with 5kg weight vest + 10kg weight bag
25 x sit ups with 5kg medicine ball

4 sets with no rest in between.

Did a few sets of hypers after to finish. Overall, nothing extraordinary but a good one to get back into training after a few days of at Christmas.

Broadsword55

Reaction score
Road bike intervals + Rowing/Gym circuit

Bike indoor trainer:
10 minutes progressive warm up
10 minutes of 30s flat out, 30s recovery
5 minutes warm down

Circuit:
500m row in 1:40/1:50 (not great but haven't done much rowing before)
12 x marine press ups with 5kg weight vest
20 x squats with 5kg weight vest + 10kg weight bag
25 x sit ups with 5kg medicine ball

4 sets with no rest in between.

Did a few sets of hypers after to finish. Overall, nothing extraordinary but a good one to get back into training after a few days of at Christmas.
Those are good splits for the rowing machine for a circuit like that, tried this at the rowing club at my uni and a guy was sick going about that pace for 500s

Sprint0205

Reaction score
Those are good splits for the rowing machine for a circuit like that, tried this at the rowing club at my uni and a guy was sick going about that pace for 500s
I was on the cusp of ruining the carpet! That's good to know, I tried a similar one a few hours ago, but with 3 sets of a 1k row in 3:40 on average then the same gym exercises. It's my favourite kind of Phys at the minute. If you have any other rowing circuit suggestions I'm all ears :)

Jrod7

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was on the cusp of ruining the carpet! That's good to know, I tried a similar one a few hours ago, but with 3 sets of a 1k row in 3:40 on average then the same gym exercises. It's my favourite kind of Phys at the minute. If you have any other rowing circuit suggestions I'm all ears :)
A rowing workout i used to do was a pyramid, all maximum effort. Its horrible

4x 1k - 3 mins rest between each interval
3 x 750m - 2 mins rest between each interval
2 x 500m - 1 minute rest between intervals
1 x 250m to finish

And if that's not enough you could always work your way back up the pyramid...

Broadsword55

Reaction score
Those circuits are good for building speed. Personally I love UT-2 which is when you sit at like a pace you can't talk for more than a short sentence and do an 8k or 3x 4k which is the best way in my opinion to build up lung capacity and endurance which is transferable. As for grim circuit sessions, the worst by far to finish on is tabata. we did 10 sets when we did it of 20 seconds on absolute max effort and 10 seconds off. Not too hard mentally to begin with but by the 6th one or so your body is made of lactic acid and pushing through that will boost your mitochondria number. I always prefered a distance but a time is perfect for pyramids which are not nice. Start 6 minutes r20, 5 mins r22, 4 mins rate 24, 3 mins r26, 2 mins r28, 1 min r30, 30 seconds sprint then work your way back down to 6 minutes r20. No rest inbetween. Wait 2 minutes and do the whole thing again. Last exercise I'll give you is speed endurance work being 6x 500m 1 min rest max effort ideally above rate 30 the whole time

Broadsword55

Reaction score
A rowing workout i used to do was a pyramid, all maximum effort. Its horrible

4x 1k - 3 mins rest between each interval
3 x 750m - 2 mins rest between each interval
2 x 500m - 1 minute rest between intervals
1 x 250m to finish

And if that's not enough you could always work your way back up the pyramid...
Sounds awful therefore a perfect erg session

user12345

Reaction score
today in the morning i did arny’s hill sprints but only 15 and did 2k there and 2k back first training session back in a week so felt much worse than normal then in the afternoon i went for a 2 hour walk now going to finish with a work out probably a mock vpjft+ and 200 push ups and sit ups and every time i break 10 squats.